The 2019-20 NHL Thread

blackhawkrush

Couple of missed chances, disallowed goal, what I heard of it. Trying to listen to a football game and a hockey game is strange :blink:

At least we will get a rematch with time off while they play Monday before coming to Chicago. :hockey:

• Like 2

Peters fired as coach of Flames for 10 year old racial slurs.

Do you really think it was a one-off comment? I doubt his racism, however latent, stopped ten years ago.

Does every racial slur every uttered by anyone mean that they are a racist? So one HAS to be racist if they utter a racial slur?

Does every racial slur every uttered by anyone mean that they are a racist? So one HAS to be racist if they utter a racial slur?

No. The other option is that he's not very smart to say such a thing. Or he's a bully attempting to intimidate a rookie. Or he's just careless in his speech or judgement. Which of those things sounds like a coach you'd want in your organization? I suppose it could be "a joke," but, again, discretion. To say it's a harmless bit of banter discounts the audience awareness. I fully get why such a thought might occur the guy, but going ahead and saying it out loud in room full of people is probably an indication he really means it.

I also recognize that if he'd just won the Cup, he'd probably still be coaching. If a guy is going to say dumb things, he'd better be really good.

Avalanche 7 Hawks 3 :moon: At least we won in the boxing department in both of those games. Lehner wants to go back to New York, I think. Colliton is looking for Hossa-type players in this locker room. Wrong place to search. 10-11-4
  • Like 1

Any predictions for the Blues-Blackhawks game Monday night?

Yes, the Blues will win...without Tarasenko :eyeroll: Lehner will kill all his defensemen :bang bang: and Colliton will run away to coach in the KHL. :ph34r:
  • Like 2

Lehner has the flu. ;) Blues 1 Hawks 0

Terrible penalty call by the zebra on Kane. :moon: Blues 2 Hawks 0

Game, set and match. :16ton: Blues 3 Hawks 0

Nice pass by Maatta. :eyeroll: Blues 4 Hawks 0
  • Like 1

Lehner has the flu. ;) Blues 1 Hawks 0

Terrible penalty call by the zebra on Kane. :moon: Blues 2 Hawks 0

Game, set and match. :16ton: Blues 3 Hawks 0

Nice pass by Maatta. :eyeroll: Blues 4 Hawks 0

Final. 10-12-5

A tidy win for the Blues; jumped out early, wore them down late.

That was a terrible pass into the middle of the ice for that last goal; is he normally better at distribution than that or was it the urgency to get up-ice late in the going?

• Like 1

A tidy win for the Blues; jumped out early, wore them down late.

That was a terrible pass into the middle of the ice for that last goal; is he normally better at distribution than that or was it the urgency to get up-ice late in the going?

He joined us this season, so I don't know too much about him, but he has two Stanley Cups with Pittsburgh, and he's supposed to be a no-nonsense type of a defenseman, able to get the puck out of the D-zone. Not that time.
  • Like 1

Not so great for the Blues against the Pens, then . . .

Fun fact:

130 points or more

Scoring 130 points or more in an NHL season is pretty unusual for a player and hasn’t been done since the 1995-96 season, when both Mario Lemieux and Jaromír Jágr accomplished it while playing for the Pittsburgh Penguins. So two pairs of teammates doing it in one season is an even rarer statistic. Therefore, it’s pretty notable that Brad Marchand and David Pastrňák of the Boston Bruins as well as Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl of the Edmonton Oilers are all on track for this feat, despite the fact there is more than 50 games left in the regular season. FiveThirtyEight’s Terrence Doyle found that consistent performance helps, as “each player has scored a point or more in at least 74 percent of the games he’s played.” [FiveThirtyEight]

• Like 1