2019-20 College Football Thread

pjbear05

The ACC fends off further embarrassment when Pitt scores in the last 47 seconds to take the lead for the first time against a 6-6 MAC team after Miami got shut out by Louisiana Tech.
  • Like 2

BYU loses to Hawaii. Remember when BYU was a force? And Pitt is losing to Eastern Michigan right now... :facepalm:

The Zoobies thought going independent would be their ticket to success, not working out for them. ;)

• Like 1

The ACC fends off further embarrassment when Pitt scores in the last 47 seconds to take the lead for the first time against a 6-6 MAC team after Miami got shut out by Louisiana Tech.

Miami also a former shadow of themselves, mainly because more players are heading to other schools-U of FL, FSU, 'Bama, etc.

Edit: Miami's offense didn't move. :scared: So OC Dan Enos will. :smash: He gets the boot after one season. :boo hiss:

Edited by pjbear05

Serious question for the board.

Why is a college graduate permitted to play for Oklahoma?

They get 4 years (I think) of eligibility to play sports and if they don't use them, they can play at any age. It's not just OU either. I've heard announcers talk about players who had already graduated and were still playing.

Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 1

They get 4 years (I think) of eligibility to play sports and if they don't use them, they can play at any age. It's not just OU either. I've heard announcers talk about players who had already graduated and were still playing.

If a player graduates in 3 years (or 4 if a redshirt), it would penalize the player to lose a year of eligibility for academic excellence/hard work. Most often (or maybe it's a requirement) you can be in grad school at the university and play...I know Max Bielefeldt did that at Indiana University.

• Like 1

If a player graduates in 3 years (or 4 if a redshirt), it would penalize the player to lose a year of eligibility for academic excellence/hard work. Most often (or maybe it's a requirement) you can be in grad school at the university and play...I know Max Bielefeldt did that at Indiana University.

Also, if a player is seriously injured he can redshirt, sit out a year, and have an extra year of eligibility.
  • Like 1

Today we will see if Joe Burrow has caught the Heisman Disease.

I hope not. I really like Joe. He has had an incredible year, and I hope to see it continue all the way to winning the National Championship.

• Like 2

Notre Dame showing why they belonged in the championship conversation. Dominating a very good Iowa St team.

(^^^ trolling DPR)

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

This is Oklahoma's 4th appearance in the playoff, seeking its first win in the playoff.

I don't think they are going to get it against LSU.

Would be a huge upset.

Memphis hanging with the Paterno worshippers, but just went down 9 on a Strip Six. It was a full three seconds between when the PxP guy said "holy" and when he said "cow". :)

Notre Dame showing why they belonged in the championship conversation. Dominating a very good Iowa St team.

(^^^ trolling DPR)

My eyes were about to pop out of my head at the first part of your post.

Fortunately, I quickly saw the second part.

• Like 1

Memphis hanging with the Paterno worshippers, but just went down 9 on a Strip Six. It was a full three seconds between when the PxP guy said "holy" and when he said "cow". :)

Yeah, I have that game on and saw that to my disgust.

Pulling hard for Memphis.

• Like 1

(^^^ trolling DPR)

My eyes were about to pop out of my head at the first part of your post.

Fortunately, I quickly saw the second part.

I saw it before the edit and was wondering :wtf:

• Like 1

Memphis back within one score with 12 minutes left.

Go Memphis! Beat that Big 10 team!

As a Big Ten fan I will probably be rooting for every Big Ten team. Except for Penn State. (Still not completely sure about ohio state- Columbus)

As a Big Ten fan I will probably be rooting for every Big Ten team. Except for Penn State. (Still not completely sure about ohio state- Columbus)

It's over.

Penn State back up by 2 scores with a little over 6 minutes left. Memphis can't stop Penn State's offense. Meanwhile, Memphis has almost 500 yards of offense but had to settle for field goals instead of touchdowns way too many times. 6 field goals by Memphis' kicker.

I thought you were a Big 12 fan.

I thought you were a Big 12 fan.

Indiana is in the Big Ten. If only to pad the records of other league schools.

Anybody else love to hear LSU's coach talk? It doesn't matter what he is saying, I just love to hear the sound of his voice. All football coachs should have voices like that ;) Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

I understand the eligibility rules. But my experience with guys who red shirted was that they graduated in the fall semester after the season. I've never heard of a kid who isn't in college playing for a school. Once you allow that, how do you justify not paying them? It's no longer even colorably an extra-curricular activity.