TRF's List of Top 100 Guitar Riffs!

Texas King

one single RUSH riff in the top ten... :facepalm:

You know the ranking is meaningless in these threads, right?

Yeah, but I thought people on a Rush forum would list the classics first!!!

I guess people wanted to stay away from Rush so the list wouldn't be completely dominated by them and have more variety.

• Like 2

I guess people wanted to stay away from Rush so the list wouldn't be completely dominated by them and have more variety.

I totally understand that, but six or seven Rush riffs in a top 100? Scandal, I say! :wtf:

How about another fifty?

I'll bite

101. Owner Of A Lonely Heart - Yes

Screw the haters, 90125 is a perfect pop record, with an absolutely killer opener. More energy here than a lot of metal bands can boast.

• Like 4

You've got Bowie on the brain lately, huh? :D

Maybe we could go for top 200 riffs.

I don't usually pay much attention to him. But when Entre mentioned Ziggy Stardust, I started listening to him yesterday. Some songs bring back sad memories. He's one of those whose songs do. Not that the memories the songs brings up are bad, but lately I'm being strongly hit by the amount of decades that have passed by since those songs first appeared on the scene. Where did all the time go?

• Like 1

The list doesn't seem to be ranked in any order other than what came to a poster's mind at the moment.

• Like 2

What haters, and who are they? From, and on the list of songs, bands, and groups added to a made up of by different people, there are some heavy metal, and hard rock bands, and groups, who necessarily aren't considered, and classified in that category, which are as good, and classics like any songs from "Yes - 90125". If the made up lists are from legit, and great ones, then songs can get picked, and chosen from them to compile, and put together for compiling, and putting together a number. There will be different opinions, so instead of having just one opinion for one particular song, have the same thinking opinion by a few people, or all of the people, who are compiling, and putting together a list like experts, and experienced staff members working at music companies do. For me to maybe, add any songs, I'm not, and wasn't going to because there are too many good, and great hit, and none hit songs, with guitar, and bass riffs in them. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

102. Boston - Smokin'

103. Sweet Child O' Mine- Guns N Roses

104. Modern Love - David Bowie

105. The Prisoner - Iron Maiden

...a Maiden tune with SEVERAL killer riffs.

Really happy to see The Rover and Supernaut on the first part of the list :)

• Like 4

What haters, and who are they? From, and on the list of songs, bands, and groups added to a made up of by different people, there are some heavy metal, and hard rock bands, and groups, who necessarily aren't considered, and classified in that category, which are as good, and classics like any songs from "Yes - 90125". If the made up lists are from legit, and great ones, then songs can get picked, and chosen from them to compile, and put together for compiling, and putting together a number. There will be different opinions, so instead of having just one opinion for one particular song, have the same thinking opinion by a few, or all of them, who are compiling, and putting together a list like expert, and experienced staff members working at music companies do. For me to maybe, add any songs, I'm not, and wasn't going to because there are too many good, and great hit, and none hit songs, with guitar, and bass riffs in them.

The "screw the haters" line was more of a joke because people tend to prefer Yes' prog stuff to their pop stuff, and the heavy metal comparison was just for fun.

Also, I don't mind how you post really, but I had a lot of trouble understanding what you wrote in the post I'm quoting.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

What haters, and who are they? From, and on the list of songs, bands, and groups added to a made up of by different people, there are some heavy metal, and hard rock bands, and groups, who necessarily aren't considered, and classified in that category, which are as good, and classics like any songs from "Yes - 90125". If the made up lists are from legit, and great ones, then songs can get picked, and chosen from them to compile, and put together for compiling, and putting together a number. There will be different opinions, so instead of having just one opinion for one particular song, have the same thinking opinion by a few, or all of them, who are compiling, and putting together a list like expert, and experienced staff members working at music companies do. For me to maybe, add any songs, I'm not, and wasn't going to because there are too many good, and great hit, and none hit songs, with guitar, and bass riffs in them.

The "screw the haters" line was more of a joke because people tend to prefer Yes' prog stuff to their pop stuff, and the heavy metal comparison was just for fun.

Also, I don't mind how you post really, but I had a lot of trouble understanding what you wrote in the post I'm quoting.

I'm glad you wrote that. So did I. I read it several times in a sincere attempt to understand what he was saying to no avail.

i thought he was talking about Grey's post. I couldn't understand where the haters thing came from, but then I remembered what you posted, but you were only kidding.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

102. Boston - Smokin'

103. Sweet Child O' Mine- Guns N Roses

104. Modern Love - David Bowie

105. The Prisoner - Iron Maiden

106. Muse - Hysteria

• Like 2

Entre, it was not just what I thought when you asked an out loud question about haters, but a made up list of a certain number of songs from artists, and bands, and groups without more, than one person's personal opinion, too. When I say this, is helpful information. Maybe, instead of having posts in some threads close to each other, and off topic threads, for helping people to not forget on what some other people say, keep more posts on the topic threads, so some other people don't end up forgetting what another person says, and other people want to say. In not a hurtful way, I know how to have fun, and can have fun, too. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Entre, it was not just what I thought when you asked an out loud question about haters, but a made up list of a certain number of songs from artists, and bands, and groups without more, than one person's personal opinion, too. When I say this, is helpful information. Maybe, instead of having posts in some threads close to each other, and off topic threads, for helping people to not forget on what some other people say, keep more posts on the topic threads, so some other people don't end up forgetting what another person says, and other people want to say.

Well, the way I see it, there's no point in having these kinds of threads unless they spark some discussion about the songs people put on the list. I thought adding a comment after my pick might raise the odds of getting to have a discussion about the song, and the album for that matter. I agree staying on topic usually important, but sometimes it's the moments where threads get derailed (or dare I say, hijacked) that the really fun and interesting discussions happen.

• Like 1

107. A National Acrobat - Black Sabbath

My favorite Black Sabbath song, which of course makes it my favorite Iommi riff.

• Like 2