Star Wars: Episode IX - First Teaser Trailer

Principled Man

I still can't stand TLJ. what an over indulgent bloated snoozefest. I'm more cautious with this one now. last i said Palps coming back just reeks of a desperate apology.

and knowing disney......i wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't feature TOO much in the movie and people get pissed....AGAIN, lol

Mick

• Like 2

.i wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't feature TOO much in the movie and people get pissed....AGAIN, lol

I don't think he will. My guess is that the bulk of the story will be Rey and Ben, with contributions from Finn & Poe, Lando and Chewbacca, C3-PO & R2-D2, and a brief scene with Leia. And of course Luke will be there as a Force Ghost.

But people will get pissed no matter what - for various reasons. It's what Star Wars fans do; they complain about anything and everything, especially when they don't get what they want. :eyeroll:

• Like 2

So nice to have the OG Lando back.

They'll be using a stunt double for Billy Dee (age 82). He's pretty slow moving these days. Walks with a cane. Just another reminder that the Original Trilogy was 40 years ago. :o

But it's interesting that Ian McDiarmid was a young 39 when he played Palpatine in Return Of The Jedi. 16 years later, he played a "younger" Palpatine in the Prequel trilogy.

• Like 1

For this "Star Wars: Episode IX - the Rise of Skywalker", I've watched the first teaser trailer. Edited by Derek19

They'll be using a stunt double for Billy Dee (age 82). He's pretty slow moving these days. Walks with a cane. Just another reminder that the Original Trilogy was 40 years ago. :o

But it's interesting that Ian McDiarmid was a young 39 when he played Palpatine in Return Of The Jedi. 16 years later, he played a "younger" Palpatine in the Prequel trilogy.

Billy Dee is 82? Damn!

I thought he was like 10 years younger than that.

Billy Dee is 82? Damn!

Same here. I thought he was late 60s or early 70s.

Billy Dee is 82? Damn!

I always thought Harrison Ford was the oldest.

• Like 1

Billy Dee is 82? Damn!

I always thought Harrison Ford was the oldest.

88 - James Earl Jones

83 - David Prowse *Darth Vader*

82 - Billy Dee Williams

76 - Harrison Ford

74 - Ian McDiarmid

74 - Peter Mayhew *Chewbacca* (Retired)

67 - Mark Hamill

60 - Carrie Fisher (2016) :heart:

Okay, I finally watched all of that. I'm afraid that that mutant was being totally sincere. I mean, I love a lot of things that are generally considered geeky such as Marvel and Rush but that guy is particularly extreme.

Yeah I don't think I'd act like that under any circumstances, never mind watching a trailer for a dubious (at best) sci-fi sequel. That guy has got issues.