Game of Thrones Season 8! (Spoilers obviously)

Bigbobby10

Never seen an episode, not even a clip.

Four more episodes and the show is finished. You can binge watch the whole thing after that. Get done in a few weeks what took the rest of us almost a decade to do.

It's a very metal show.

• Like 2

Four more episodes and the show is finished. You can binge watch the whole thing after that. Get done in a few weeks what took the rest of us almost a decade to do.

Yeah I was thinking of doing that, someone else was telling me about it. I've heard about it of course but just never seen any of it.

Yeah I was thinking of doing that, someone else was telling me about it. I've heard about it of course but just never seen any of it.

You need patience when watching. This story is the very definition of a slow burn. When they get to the payoff of the storylines it's second to none. It just takes a while for them to get there.

• Like 2

There better be some serious violence in episode 3. The plodding is too much to bear. I did enjoy that knighting scene though. I believe it's true - everyone is fucksville.

Speaking of "f***ed":

The Arya scene was:

1. Gross

2. Unnecessary

3. Not nearly as hawt as Sansa was just simply wearing that black near-dominatrix getup.

Sansa was raped. Nothing hot about it. Absolutely nothing.

"What's wrong with being sexy..." David St. Hubbins

Also, the actress wasn't literally raped.

At least Sansa's rapes informed her character and story. Arya's scene was just stupid padding to ensure the episode ran an hour.

How was it stupid padding? In a show that is an expert class in padding and plodding along, what happened there with Arya was not. She knows there is a good chance she will die and didn't want to go out as a virgin. It made complete sense and was totally understandable.

Brienne getting knighted was a very good scene. But that last scene of the dead lining up getting ready for battle was great. It's on starting next week.

She could've simply kissed him and then they could've cut away from the exposition. But no, we had to see tits digitally grafted on a character most associate as a child. No one cares about Arya "becoming a woman" except for creepy fat authors in sailor hats.

She is 18 in the story. It's a way of showing the audience this girl is now a woman. If people watching this show fail to realise that, they have obviously not been paying attention.

The actress is also 22.

It’s not important. It’s only so they can kill what’s-his-name and to have it represent some kind of loss to Arya.

Apparently it’s a rule that every female character must have a romantic partner to add dimension to the character. Just lazy.

Oh and she’s already murdered a dozen people - seen her dad beheaded— but getting f***ed represents some kind of enlightened maturity. LOL

Edited by chemistry1973

There better be some serious violence in episode 3. The plodding is too much to bear. I did enjoy that knighting scene though. I believe it's true - everyone is fucksville.

Speaking of "f***ed":

The Arya scene was:

1. Gross

2. Unnecessary

3. Not nearly as hawt as Sansa was just simply wearing that black near-dominatrix getup.

At least Sansa's rapes informed her character and story. Arya's scene was just stupid padding to ensure the episode ran an hour.

How was it stupid padding? In a show that is an expert class in padding and plodding along, what happened there with Arya was not. She knows there is a good chance she will die and didn't want to go out as a virgin. It made complete sense and was totally understandable.

Brienne getting knighted was a very good scene. But that last scene of the dead lining up getting ready for battle was great. It's on starting next week.

She could've simply kissed him and then they could've cut away from the exposition. But no, we had to see tits digitally grafted on a character most associate as a child. No one cares about Arya "becoming a woman" except for creepy fat authors in sailor hats.

She is 18 in the story. It's a way of showing the audience this girl is now a woman. If people watching this show fail to realise that, they have obviously not been paying attention.

The actress is also 22.

It’s not important. It’s only so they can kill what’s-his-name and to have it represent some kind of loss to Arya.

Apparently it’s a rule that every female character must have a romantic partner to add dimension to the character. Just lazy.

Oh and she’s already murdered a dozen people - seen her dad beheaded— but getting f***ed represents some kind of enlightened maturity. LOL

This is hardly a romance that came out of nowhere. Also this isn't a romance that defines her character. She wanted sex. Pure and simple. Is that so bad? Do you remember losing your virginity? It's a big deal.

I should know I lost mine to a sports teacher aged 13 and had to move school. But hey ho. Let's just pretend sex is no big deal.

Speaking of "f***ed":

The Arya scene was:

1. Gross

2. Unnecessary

The actress is also 22.

This is hardly a romance that came out of nowhere. Also this isn't a romance that defines her character. She wanted sex. Pure and simple. Is that so bad? Do you remember losing your virginity? It's a big deal.

I should know I lost mine to a sports teacher aged 13 and had to move school. But hey ho. Let's just pretend sex is no big deal.

It's not a special thing to "want sex". This is fan-service heaped on a character for no reason. It's lame and obvious. Now if we see Arya and Gendry at the end of the series, as the last surviving members of 2 royal bloodlines I will take it all back.

And what the f**k is wrong with you intimating that I have no sympathy for victims of rape - such as yourself? You being sexually assaulted (and I'm taking you at your word that you are being honest in your account) is horrible and a crime. I hope your family pressed charges and that rapist is in prison, or better, dead.

Everyone I know is talking about this series. I watched the first season and read the first book. I also met Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage. I might have to finish the rest of the seasons too.
  • Like 1

Everyone I know is talking about this series. I watched the first season and read the first book. I also met Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage. I might have to finish the rest of the seasons too.

I bet meeting them was interesting! Do tell, what were they like?

I bet meeting them was interesting! Do tell, what were they like?

They're just like the rest of us. Peter is a really funny guy. Lena is a nice person, also very classy.
  • Like 1

The Battle for Winterfell is so freaking dark! Really hard to see! :(

The darkness was very disorienting at first. That was by design -- you were supposed to feel disoriented, because that's how all the combatants felt. Once you got used to following familiar characters it got easier to watch.

• Like 1

The Battle for Winterfell is so freaking dark! Really hard to see! :(

The darkness was very disorienting at first. That was by design -- you were supposed to feel disoriented, because that's how all the combatants felt. Once you got used to following familiar characters it got easier to watch.

I was wondering if that was the reason why, but I'm spoiled lol. Creative and clever idea, though.

Jon Snow's lack of involvement was about what we have come to expect . . .his acting ability is somewhat less than the other characters, imo, and I wonder if they write around him sometimes.

I have one problem with this episode, but ill say it after.

But WOW this episode was dark and depressing and amazingly shot. Seeing the dorthraki running into the void and losing all the flames made me shake. The music, the fights everything was amazing, and the plot twist with Arya killing the Night King WOW.

The only problem I had was so many main characters being in situations where they are about to die and get saved last second, happened at least 4 times and thats just off the top of my head. I feel like not enough was sacrificed for the build up.

But other than that, I can say it was just about flawless.

• Like 1

I am honestly really underwhelmed by the conclusion. Arya came out of nowhere it felt and did...that...seven seasons of anticipation and the way they resolved it?

Underwhelmed. We already saw Lyanna do essentially the same heroic in spite of small size thing moments before.

All in all, great episode. Will watch it again later

What I’ve seen has been pretty good. I’ve seen at least through season 3 and I think half or parts of season 4 and 5. Can’t remember how far I’ve gotten and that’s probably because the show has so many damn layers and characters. That’s not a bad thing. I don’t think of the show as fantasy either even though it actually is. It just seems like it’s more than just one categorizable genre. (Not that there’s anything wrong with a show/movie being 100% fantasy).

• Like 2

Loved it. There were some Glenn under the dumpster moments and I'm surprised by how many characters actually survived, but no real complaints. I would've liked to have seen Ghost do some cool shit though.

The episode was flawlessly paced...how good was the Arya library scene in contrast to the chaos of the battle? Masterful.

• Like 3

Loved it. There were some Glenn under the dumpster moments and I'm surprised by how many characters actually survived, but no real complaints. I would've liked to have seen Ghost do some cool shit though.

The episode was flawlessly paced...how good was the Arya library scene in contrast to the chaos of the battle? Masterful.

“Glenn under the dumpster moments” lol. So horrible. So perfect!

• Like 3

Worst military tactics ever LOL.

Let’s send the all the calvary into the darkness to fight by themselves.

Oh and make sure to fire the catapults as soon as they get to the enemy so we can kill as many of our own guys.

Episode was a mess, but it was still enjoyable.

All that build and the Night King goes out like that? It's not even Jon Snow who finally takes him out? Lame. I guess they had no clue how to finish him so they decided to have Arya do it since everybody loves her so they wouldn't care how he was killed.

Wrong. That was a terrible way for the main threat of the entire series to die. It would be better if we got an explanation as to how Arya got there and so close to him without being detected. But her just appearing out of nowhere and killing him so easily does not sit well with me. I'm guessing she disguised herself as one of the dead. Maybe we will find out in another episode.

A well shot episode. Especially the way the battle scenes were done. It had a sense of urgency and of not really knowing what was coming next. I imagine that's how being in real battle would feel like. Overall a good episode but they really botched the killing of the Night King.

All that build and the Night King goes out like that? It's not even Jon Snow who finally takes him out? Lame. I guess they had no clue how to finish him so they decided to have Arya do it since everybody loves her so they wouldn't care how he was killed.

Wrong. That was a terrible way for the main threat of the entire series to die. It would be better if we got an explanation as to how Arya got there and so close to him without being detected. But her just appearing out of nowhere and killing him so easily does not sit well with me. I'm guessing she disguised herself as one of the dead. Maybe we will find out in another episode.

A well shot episode. Especially the way the battle scenes were done. It had a sense of urgency and of not really knowing what was coming next. I imagine that's how being in real battle would feel like. Overall a good episode but they really botched the killing of the Night King.

Didn’t that other girl kill that giant in the same fashion?

My wife and I thought Bran was Arya in disguise - which would have made sense since her character endlessly trained in that ability for like 2 seasons. Theon wheels away Bran last minute and Arya takes his place - instead of jumping out of nowhere. What was she jumping off of to get that high in the air?

Yes - very slapdash. It’s a bit similar to how they wrapped battlestar galactica - the wheels were falling off that show too. And Jon Snow and Starbuck have similar storylines.

Edited by chemistry1973

Yeah it was a dud for me.

Saw Endgame today...already forgotten that battle and winter... farm? Winterville?

Who knows.

I didn't mind how the Night King went out. It was a nice callback to Red's "blue eye" prophecy to Arya in season 3 that she even repeated in this one. I get that complaint though...I just don't know how anyone could've beaten him without any fuckery.
  • Like 1

I was certain that Bran had the ace that would kill the night king.

Even now I somehow feel that Bran was a willing distraction, quite intent upon drawing the Night King, who he already said would be singularly focused on getting to him, and would therefore be expecting a threat from him.

As he was with a living Theon, Bran had a diversion on side. After Theon's death Bran kept his eyes locked with the Night King, who while confident would surely know that Bran was a threat. So he kills the protector and because Bran is focused on him, he dare not remove focus from Bran.

All of that potentially clears the path for Arya.

Now, Bran warged into a raven and observed the Night King. This was not bait- he said the Night King had marked him and already knew where to go.

My assumption was that he was preparing to play his ace. Arya knew where Bran was of course, but perhaps Bran somehow helped Arya pick the proper path to take to get the drop?

It should have been shown, of course, but I have to think Bran contributed to the Night King's death by something more than simply existing.

Maybe we'll never know, or maybe it will be explained in exposition in the first 10 minuted next week.

Regardless, I was surprised, and I'm fine with it being Arya. She was prophesied to kill blue eyed folk, as reiterated by the Red woman again on point. She was also instructed to say 'not today' to the god of death. Metaphorical for the king of the dead? Her god doesn't use that line, so by using it for Arya she was likely telling Arya what to do. Following that dialog, I think Arya doing the job actually isn't out of left field or fan service. It was anticlimatic in execution since he merely drops without a fight, but then the show either ends on the NIght King or ends on the Iron Throne. Since we're obviously ending on the Iron Throne, that is inherently the bigger fight. Only three episodes left, I'm fine with this being the abrupt conclusion.

• Like 2