The 2019 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

Just watched the NFL condensed game thingy of Vikes/Saints game - I missed a good one there. Can Cousins prove himself to be the real deal now?

He's very inconsistent so they're probably going to have a tough time at SF, but it's the NFL so you never know....

• Like 1

Just watched the NFL condensed game thingy of Vikes/Saints game - I missed a good one there. Can Cousins prove himself to be the real deal now?

I was really pulling for the Vikings, but I think the refs missed that alleged offensive pass interference call in the end zone. But it's done and the Vikes move on.

• Like 1

I was really pulling for the Vikings, but I think the refs missed that alleged offensive pass interference call in the end zone. But it's done and the Vikes move on.

Boy interference has become such an issue lately... once they started allowing a little pushie shovie.... to be honest Im just not sure anymore. I also see plenty of inteference past the 5 yards that doesnt get called...

The Seahawks 11 wins were also far more significant in their tough division. The Iggles were reduced to a practice squad (Id actually be concerned if I was a Seattle fan that they only won 17-9 against a team w no starting QB, WRs, RBs, small number of lineman and d backs) who on top of that didnt play well til December in arguably one of the NFLs worst divisions.

Is there anyone who's arguing that the NFC East isn't the worst division in the NFL?

• Like 2

The Seahawks 11 wins were also far more significant in their tough division. The Iggles were reduced to a practice squad (Id actually be concerned if I was a Seattle fan that they only won 17-9 against a team w no starting QB, WRs, RBs, small number of lineman and d backs) who on top of that didnt play well til December in arguably one of the NFLs worst divisions.

Is there anyone who's arguing that the NFC East isn't the worst division in the NFL?

I forget who someone argued with me about that. Some argued that AFC South and (I guess 3/4) of the AFC North were basically as bad. I wasn't buying it. The NFC East is shit.

I just hope Pat is ok. I can't believe the Saints are officially the "Aint's" again. I thought they were going to win it all.

Now this just opens up the gates for a Niners Whiner Super Bowl. I am so upset, but I will take a deep breath and understand it all.

The Niners should win it all.

I will vomit but it is what it is.

GO SEAHAWKS!

• Like 1

So, it is possible to play QB effectively in the playoffs after age 40 after all. :)

Did you miss Super Bowl LII? Or the playoffs that season?

Or Super Bowl LIII and the playoffs that season?

Brady's best Super Bowl (LII)? Yeah, he was almost as good as Nick Foles. (As a QB; he wasn't nearly the receiver, which could have made a difference in the outcome.)

Super Bowl LIII, the one where they scored 13 points and were bailed out by the defense? Or the playoff game where he was bailed out by Dee Ford? He did play well against the Chargers, I'll give you that...

He has, however, shown “it is possible to play QB in the playoffs after age 40,” which was your point, or so I understood it to be.

My point was actually a joke, but you're right, Brady had his best Super Bowl after he turned 40, and almost pulled it out at the end. His performance at such an age was positively Bondsian. :)

Now, had you said, “after age 42, ...” :)

He's done?

Yep.

Until July.

Gonna become a Charger fan?

They've actually always been my second favorite team, going back to the Air Coryell era. But having attended games in the 70s, 80s and 90s when the local team stunk, and their stadium was a dump, I think I'll stay put.

I just hope Pat is ok. I can't believe the Saints are officially the "Aint's" again. I thought they were going to win it all.

Now this just opens up the gates for a Niners Whiner Super Bowl. I am so upset, but I will take a deep breath and understand it all.

The Niners should win it all.

I will vomit but it is what it is.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Don’t worry about the Niners, the Packers will take care of them for you. ;)

I wonder if a Ravens-Packers Super Bowl is happening.

It has a solid 1 in 16 chance. :D

• Like 2

I'm pulling for a Niners- Titans Super Bowl. I believe the Titans are the dark horse in the hunt & if they make it will probably win. But I have to respect what ex Tampa Buc John Lynch has don as GM of the 9ers! Too bad ole John will probably get snubbed again by the HOF... :( Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

Too bad ole John will probably get snubbed again by the HOF... :(

He now has to compete with Leroy Butler for that yellow jacket. It's Butler's first time as a finalist. Packer fans are all giddy!!

Whoever wins the Superbowl will have to go through Baltimore to do so, imo.

As in driving through the city? Having a layover at the airport? ;)

• Like 3

I'm pulling for a Niners- Titans Super Bowl. I believe the Titans are the dark horse in the hunt & if they make it will probably win. But I have to respect what ex Tampa Buc John Lynch has don as GM! Too bad ole John will probably get snubbed again by the HOF... :(

Agreed. It would be a compelling Super Bowl in my view. I believe the Titans can give the Ravens some problems if they can play the same style as they did against the Pats. We'll see if they can run consistently against the Ravens and take care of the ball...
  • Like 1

Too bad ole John will probably get snubbed again by the HOF... :(

He now has to compete with Leroy Butler for that yellow jacket. It's Butler's first time as a finalist. Packer fans are all giddy!!

I believe this will be the 7th time for Lynch...

Whoever wins the Superbowl will have to go through Baltimore to do so, imo.

As in driving through the city? Having a layover at the airport? ;)

I certainly wouldn't attempt to walk through the city. You wouldn't make it to the Super Bowl for sure...
  • Like 2

I'm pulling for a Niners- Titans Super Bowl. I believe the Titans are the dark horse in the hunt & if they make it will probably win. But I have to respect what ex Tampa Buc John Lynch has don as GM of the 9ers! Too bad ole John will probably get snubbed again by the HOF... :(

With the way they have played in the postseason so far, I would find a Vikings-Titans Super Bowl most humorous.