Post unpopular music opinions

Entre_Perpetuo

by the way, rush is my favorite band ever. I'm glad they wrote music the way they did - being four years behind everyone else. great tunes when you're doing disjointed led zep/genesis crossovers the same year as brian eno, talking heads, etc.

Lol I agree. Like really? A Farewell to Kings? That's what you were doing in 77?

and geddy van fleet in 74

by the way, I love AFTK.

Me too, but by 1977 standards it might as well be from medieval times! Ba dum tsss

Sometimes the anticipation of seeing a band ends up being better than the show itself. That's never been the case with any of the progressive rock bands I've seen, but some rock bands . . .

The Lindsey Buckingham show I saw two weekends ago was horrible, horrible, horrible.

The SELF INDULGENCE thread. Plain and Simple...that's all this is. OPINIONS, OPINIONS, OPINIONS, is all this is. It means NOTHING to anyone that matters... I am ashamed to have participated.....

QqDdIIG.png

• Like 1

The SELF INDULGENCE thread. Plain and Simple...that's all this is. OPINIONS, OPINIONS, OPINIONS, is all this is. It means NOTHING to anyone that matters... I am ashamed to have participated.....

QqDdIIG.png

me too........i'll never post again........oh.......SHIT!!!!!!!

Mick

• Like 1

I actually like K-Pop and think it is good.

R.E.M. are way way better than Rush.

Journey, Queen, Kansas, Primus, The Beatles, Elvis, and Midnight Oil aren't all that great, I've heard better.

If you dont like the Beatles, then your brain is wired wrong when it comes to music.

K pop is cool!

Or she's a high school kid who is so far removed from the Beatles time that she doesn't see the big deal in them with all the music that's available today via the internet.

I'm not the biggest Beatles fan. In fact I think a lot of their earlier stuff like Love Me Do, I Wanna Hold Your Hand and songs like that are pure pop garbage. But once they got on the drugs and started experimenting with their music the band became exponentially better.

I Want to Hold Your Hand is one of the greatest songs in the 20th century. To call it garbage is ridiculous and shows your lack of music history.

How exactly does not caring about a song show my lack of music history? I'm aware of how important the song is I just think it sounds like some stuff an 8th grader would write. Thank God for LSD, am I right?

Because YOU WEREN'T There. I WAS. Maybe an 8th grader of YOUR generation would write that, but in the time It was Written it was relevant to most of the people who were Listening to the radio. The musicians of the TIME were after MONEY TO LIVE. They perceived the Mood of their generation, and moved on it. THAT is music History. You perceive only what is going on around YOU at THIS TIME. LSD was a TOOL. The way that it affected the brain did change the way people did certain stuff, but Thank God? I don't THINK so. I myself can't stand being out of control of my brain. History is History. Not NOW, THEN. If you WEREN'T there, don't make statements like you did. It makes you look like a fool.

GNo5Obt.gif

• Like 2

So...if we can't have an opinion on certain eras of rock music because we were not yet born, does that mean that no one is allowed an opinion or critique on classical music of centuries past because we weren't there either?

Wayward redneck back of the alley on a dark night twisty knickers knowledge that is.

• Like 2

Here's one that will probably go over just swimingly but.......hey. i don't care. i may even regret this later, lol

old school music/rock fans are some of the most whiny self entitled stuck up fans i've come across. bitter that the old guard is dying perhaps. but still it's comical.

this is not to say i have never done this myself. cause i have. multiple times on here in fact. but this is just an observation.

Key phrases - you weren't there.....you just don't get it......well the population acknowledges this album is classic so therefore.....you're wrong.

Again i'm probably going to regret ever writing this but when have i had good jugement.

lol.

Mick

• Like 2

QqDdIIG.png

me too........i'll never post again........oh.......SHIT!!!!!!!

Mick

P6PVC4e.png

NAGAdFC.gif

• Like 3

So...if we can't have an opinion on certain eras of rock music because we were not yet born, does that mean that no one is allowed an opinion or critique on classical music of centuries past because we weren't there either?

Wayward redneck back of the alley on a dark night twisty knickers knowledge that is.

You can have any opinion you like. We humans have the free will to do this. What I was saying was you have to have all the information about the TIME if you're going to make a statement like was made.

As to your last statement, when I see your Degree in psychology, I MIGHT give this a bit of credibility.

qZ2cAX3.gif

• Like 1

You can have any opinion you like. We humans have the free will to do this. What I was saying was you have to have all the information about the TIME if you're going to make a statement like was made.

As to your last statement, when I see your Degree in psychology, I MIGHT give this a bit of credibility.

qZ2cAX3.gif

Lmao bringing psychology into this now? Seriously though, they don't have to have all the info of the time to make that statement, or any statement for that matter. Your comment honestly is a bit ridiculous no offence.

• Like 1

Journey, Queen, Kansas, Primus, The Beatles, Elvis, and Midnight Oil aren't all that great, I've heard better.

If you dont like the Beatles, then your brain is wired wrong when it comes to music.

K pop is cool!

Or she's a high school kid who is so far removed from the Beatles time that she doesn't see the big deal in them with all the music that's available today via the internet.

I'm not the biggest Beatles fan. In fact I think a lot of their earlier stuff like Love Me Do, I Wanna Hold Your Hand and songs like that are pure pop garbage. But once they got on the drugs and started experimenting with their music the band became exponentially better.

I Want to Hold Your Hand is one of the greatest songs in the 20th century. To call it garbage is ridiculous and shows your lack of music history.

How exactly does not caring about a song show my lack of music history? I'm aware of how important the song is I just think it sounds like some stuff an 8th grader would write. Thank God for LSD, am I right?

So at what level of schooling should music lyrics be written? Focusing on the lyrics misses the entire point of why the song is great and very relevant in the annals of 20th century pop/rock music history. Hence my comment on your ignorance of music history.
  • Like 2

Of course one can have an opinion on music that was written before they were born. But accept that if one doesn't acknowledge that the time period in which the music was written plays an important role in the music itself, then your opinion is short-sighted.
  • Like 2

K pop is cool!

Because YOU WEREN'T There. I WAS. Maybe an 8th grader of YOUR generation would write that, but in the time It was Written it was relevant to most of the people who were Listening to the radio. The musicians of the TIME were after MONEY TO LIVE. They perceived the Mood of their generation, and moved on it. THAT is music History. You perceive only what is going on around YOU at THIS TIME. LSD was a TOOL. The way that it affected the brain did change the way people did certain stuff, but Thank God? I don't THINK so. I myself can't stand being out of control of my brain. History is History. Not NOW, THEN. If you WEREN'T there, don't make statements like you did. It makes you look like a fool.

GNo5Obt.gif

There is something to being there for sure. As I said, I know the impact the song had and its importance in rock history. That still doesn't change the fact those lyrics sound like some middle school girl wrote them about a boy she likes. Cheesy corporate, easy to digest song for the masses. At least the band grew some balls later in their career and wrote some mighty fine stuff. My line about LSD was a joke. Never took it in my life but it obviously had a huge impact on how creative the Beatles became.

• Like 3

K pop is cool!

So at what level of schooling should music lyrics be written? Focusing on the lyrics misses the entire point of why the song is great and very relevant in the annals of 20th century pop/rock music history. Hence my comment on your ignorance of music history.

Except I already said that I know the songs importance and impact. So how is that being ignorant about music history?

• Like 2

K pop is cool!

Except I already said that I know the songs importance and impact. So how is that being ignorant about music history?

Did you know about the general British situation at the time? The Beatles LIVED IN ENGLAND, and their experience was much more than even I knew, living here in the States...but I DID have a good feel for the 'general' world situation then...

oSuzYjT.gif

• Like 1

"selling out" doesn't mean "achieved fame and monetary success." selling out is making music with the sole intent of achieving fame and monetary success, and making music you don't want to make, making music the record company suggested you make.

• Like 2

"selling out" doesn't mean "achieved fame and monetary success." selling out is making music with the sole intent of achieving fame and monetary success, and making music you don't want to make, making music the record company suggested you make.

Like The Beatles when they first started.

• Like 4

[

yowza.

lol

Mick

• Like 1

[

yowza.

lol

Mick

but you see it doesn't count here.....the lads hated it.

Did i get olld fan logic right.

lol

Mick

[

yowza.

lol

Mick

but you see it doesn't count here.....the lads hated it.

Did i get olld fan logic right.

lol

Mick

I just find it fun to try and rile up anyone who thinks if you don't find every second of everything the Beatles recorded as the greatest thing ever than you know nothing about music.

• Like 1