Bands That Made 2 Amazing Studio Albums In One Year

Bigbobby10

Rules:

1. No Rush (because I hate them)

2. As said in title, studio albums so not 1 studio and one live or compilation albums

3. Have fun

Some that come to mind

Yes - The Yes Album / Fragile

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath / Paranoid

Queen - Queen II / Sheer Heart Attack

• Like 4

Bruce Springsteen:

Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J.

The Wild, The Innocent And The E Street Shuffle

• Like 5

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's and The Magical Mystery Tour

as a double album, there would be no dispute what the greatest Beatles double album was.

• Like 6

Rush - FBN & CoS

​breaking the rules, breaking the rules :musicnote:

He said amazing.

compared to most other artists, FBN certainly has amazing sections. Anthem, BBB, By-Tor, and the title track all come quickly to mind.

and CoS is amazing. No questions asked.

• Like 1

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced & Axis: Bold As Love

That should be the benchmark actually.

• Like 7

Entre is disappointing me by not mentioning two obvious albums by a very obvious band.

If you're talking Queen, the OP nabbed QII and SHA before I even saw the thread. Would've been my first post otherwise.

I mean, how do you get much better than Queen in 1974? I'm honestly not sure you can. And their live show was fantastic too. Check out live at the Rainbow. Ogre Battle, White Queen, Liar, Bring Back The Leroy Brown (with the ukulele solo!). Man, they were unstoppable.

• Like 2

Entre is disappointing me by not mentioning two obvious albums by a very obvious band.

If you're talking Queen, the OP nabbed QII and SHA before I even saw the thread. Would've been my first post otherwise.

I mean, how do you get much better than Queen in 1974? I'm honestly not sure you can. And their live show was fantastic too. Check out live at the Rainbow. Ogre Battle, White Queen, Liar, Bring Back The Leroy Brown (with the ukulele solo!). Man, they were unstoppable.

Yeah, I need to actually read the thread.

Elton John: Don't Shoot Me.../ Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (1973); Capn Fantastic/ Rock of the Westies (1975) Edited by goose
  • Like 5

Judas Priest - Stained Class / Killing Machine (1978)

I had Killing Machine in my head as 79 for some reason. Dang, great year for Priest, and what progress too! Stained Class is my fav, but Killing Machine shows they had far more to them than what met the eye on the last four records. British Steel a couple years later made that obvious which Killing Machine had demonstrated.

• Like 1