Kansas VS Styx?

Texas King

Kansas VS Styx?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Kansas VS Styx?

Styx, for me, has always been about two albums, and two great albums at that, "The Grand Illusion" and "Pieces of Eight". A different Styx altogether but I'd proudly add "The Mission" to that list.

The Mission is a great album.

the Mission Shocked me and i love it still. they fixed for me what was fukked up by Deyoung.And i know there was more albums after him BUT..... it's Classic Styx. people may say "well yea but it's nothing new blah blah blah"

but really who cares. it's the best thing they've done in years.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

Styx, for me, has always been about two albums, and two great albums at that, "The Grand Illusion" and "Pieces of Eight". A different Styx altogether but I'd proudly add "The Mission" to that list.

the Mission Shocked me and i love it still. they fixed for me what was fukked up by Deyoung.And i know there was more albums after him BUT..... it's Classic Styx. people may say "well yea but it's nothing new blah blah blah"

Mick

I need to revisit the latest Styx and Kansas albums.

But don't forget you sound whiny about CA like how you just criticised those who dislike The Mission haha

• Like 1

Mick

I need to revisit the latest Styx and Kansas albums.

But don't forget you sound whiny about CA like how you just criticised those who dislike The Mission haha

your point. oh Segue-y one?

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

My appreciation for Kansas has only grown since this thread began, but Styx is closer to my heart. Crystal Ball, The Grand Illusion, Pieces Of Eight, Paradise Theater, and The Mission are all just excellent.
  • Like 4

Mick

Agreed!

• Like 2

Styx was the very first band I saw live. I was 13 and they opened for Kiss at the Tarrent Co CC. I was blown away. Suddenly Kiss looked like the clown act they were. I spent the next week trying to find someone I could borrow Pieces of Eight from. Styx holds a very special place in my heart and produced a ton of excellent and influential music before they imploded with that Kilroy crap.

That said Kansas kicks the living crap out of em.

• Like 1

Go listen to The Mission and vote again! It is beyond proggy.

Always liked Kansas, but it's always Styx for me. And I don't think they're that much alike.

• Like 2

Go listen to The Mission and vote again! It is beyond proggy.

Always liked Kansas, but it's always Styx for me. And I don't think they're that much alike.

Amazing Record!!!!!

Speaking about being an audiophile junky this album was just released again with a blu-ray audio disc!!!!

• Like 1

Styx live is still awesome. Styx is why I love rock N roll. "Long nights" has pumped me up many times on the way to a night job or when I had to drive all night.

Blue Collar Man is one of my favs of theirs for sure.

• Like 1