Neil without the others...

lawman

Every few months the forum gets stuck in a Neil rut. :D-13:

Love him or hate him, or somewhere in between, you gotta give him credit for making things interesting.

who would hate him?

We've had plenty of people hate him on here. Joes mechanic was one. Got dissed by Neil at a party.

• Like 1

Love him or hate him, or somewhere in between, you gotta give him credit for making things interesting.

who would hate him?

We've had plenty of people hate him on here. Joes mechanic was one. Got dissed by Neil at a party.

I vaguely remember that. What was the story behind it?

who would hate him?

He somehow knew someone famous enough to be at a party with Neil and tagged along I believe. Went up to Neil and got intercepted by mosbach and threw a tantrum there and here I believe.

• Like 1

who would hate him?

He somehow knew someone famous enough to be at a party with Neil and tagged along I believe. Went up to Neil and got intercepted by mosbach and threw a tantrum there and here I believe.

Ok yeah, now I remember that. Should try to find that thread.

• Like 1

who would hate him?

keep us posted

who would hate him?

keep us posted

Well, I tried. No luck. No idea where it's buried.

Ok, this isn't another one of those "hey, what if ged and al blah blah blah threads.

No, its much better than one of those threads.

who would hate him?

Moral of that story is: don't try to engage The Peart unless vetted by Mosbach.

• Like 1

I almost met him once. I was way too intense in those days, and I'm about 90% sure I made him uncomfortable. He ducked out before I ever had a chance to really make an idiot of myself. It was at an after show party during CP tour, and I was standing behind a couple of other people waiting to talk to Geddy, and probably staring in disbelief at him sitting a few feet further away in his booth.

There's already plenty of stuff out there of him playing drums without Rush if you look for it. Then there's that rrhof jam. His attempt at hip hop did not do it for me at all. No sir. I don't like it. The other thing with Stewart Copeland and a bunch of other drummers is cool, though. Always gonna be hits and misses.

Edited by HalfwayToGone
  • Like 2

who would hate him?

keep us posted

Well, I tried. No luck. No idea where it's buried.

The CP thread was 81 pages long, and their pages are 50 posts each. It was Freddie Gruber's birthday party. Joe's Mechanic was utterly roasted. Neil's wife even joined in the beating. Fun times.

• Like 2

If Nicko, can't do it, what makes you think Neil could? Nicko blows Neil away.

Is that a joke? Compared to Rush the Maiden tunes are pretty simple stuff, Neil could play most of them in his sleep. And even the more difficult songs are nothing compared to what Neil did in Rush. Don't get me wrong, Nicko is a very good drummer, but he isn't even among the best metal drummers, let alone the best rock drummers. And I'm saying that as an Iron Maiden fan.

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 2

And BTW...if you go to a party with a security guard... you're a doink. Don't know what "doink" means exactly but it's the word that sounds like a guy that takes a security guard to a party.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/JozlqD3qP1c/maxresdefault.jpg

https://en.m.wikiped...Doink_the_Clown

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Dr_bf8231_547758.gif

• Like 2