Pink Floyd - Animals

YYZumbi

34 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favorite song on Animals album?

• Pigs On The Wing (Part I)
    • Dogs
    • Pigs
    • Sheep
    • Pigs On The Wing (Part II)

I just had to make a thread about this album.

I have been listening a lot to this album recently, and I just have to say one thing...masterpiece! It´s so freaking awesome!

But still I feel it´s very underrated.

What do you think about this album and which song is your favorite?

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 4

Btw, it's called Animals not The Animals.

Hmm idk what my fav would be tbh.

Happy?

What??

I was just letting U know what it was called, is all.

But you always doing like that. Complaining how people write and what they say, and then when people do it to you, you make a thread that you shall leave the forum. It´s just getting annoying...

Happy?

What??

But you always doing like that. Complaining how people write and what they say, and then when people do it to you, you make a thread that you shall leave the forum. It´s just getting annoying...

Not really.

I don't really wanna talk about this here, lets get back on topic.

• Like 1

Animals is my favourite Floyd album, and Dogs is my favourite track off it.

The guitar harmony section is amazing, and is a massive influence on the way I use guitar harmonies in my own music.

• Like 3

My favorite song is by far "Pigs". I just love the instrumental part, and the way Waters is singing on the song. A great song!

I especially love the 3rd verse:

Hey you, Whitehouse,

Ha ha charade you are.

You house proud town mouse,

Ha ha charade you are

You're trying to keep our feelings off the street.

You're nearly a real treat,

All tight lips and cold feet

And do you feel abused?

For those who don't know, Mary Whitehouse was a self-appointed social activist, with strong opposition to social liberalism and the mainstream British media. Among other things, she kept complaining about the levels of violence and horror in Doctor Who back in the 70s...which kind of backfired...because every time she complained, the viewing figures went up :LOL:

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 1

Sheep

Along with dogs and sheep, pigs are one of 3 animals represented on the album. The pigs represent people, like Whitehouse, who feel they are the moral authorities. The sheep are the people who obey the pigs and believe that it is the "Christian" thing to do and are just your normal, hard working innocent bystanders. Dogs are people who are against the pigs and are back stabbers. >>

Happy?

What??

I don't know how often she does that. Maybe she does it a lot and it's annoying, I have no idea. But if you're going to start a thread or poll about an album, you have to get the album title right. It's pretty important. And you can't get mad at someone who corrects you when you get it wrong. No matter who corrects you.

• Like 2

I don't know how often she does that. Maybe she does it a lot and it's annoying, I have no idea. But if you're going to start a thread or poll about an album, you have to get the album title right. It's pretty important. And you can't get mad at someone who corrects you when you get it wrong. No matter who corrects you.

This, especially an album this iconic.

Anyway, Dogs and Sheep go back and forth for me. I love both a ton. Today I will say Dogs.

Pigs (Three Different Ones) is a song I have always liked, but never loved.

This album is a masterpiece for sure :cool:

I think were at the top of their game with this album

If you think that Dark Side and Wish You Were Here as their "Radio friendly " albums Animals is so much darker in my humble

Dogs .

• Like 1

fav floyd album, endlessly relistenable. Underrated only when compared to the other three big Floyd albums.

My fav has always been Sheep.

Raving and Drooling :hail: :smoke:

Edit: :haz:

Edited by greyfriar
  • Like 4