Metal fans , list metal bands that suck

djflex

Im a big metal fan, but man some do suck

Avenged sevenfold sucks

Dragonforce sucks

Why the hell is ax7 opening for metallica

Inb4 97 posts of anything with cookie monster vocals...

Avenged Sevenfold is freaking awesome.

The Stage is an amazing record.

My god man.

My issue with Avenged Sevenfold is that they are a horribly unoriginal band. Everything they've ever done sounds like a cheap knock off of something that was successful in metal years ago. Every riff I hear from them always has me thinking "wow, I liked this better this first time around when Metallica did it"

This is honestly the same thing I have with Dream Theater.

Both bands work for me in the right mood.

I don't know about​ that. Dream Theater was very original sounding from their debut through Six Degrees.

Avenged sevenfold sucks

Dragonforce sucks

My god man.

My issue with Avenged Sevenfold is that they are a horribly unoriginal band. Everything they've ever done sounds like a cheap knock off of something that was successful in metal years ago. Every riff I hear from them always has me thinking "wow, I liked this better this first time around when Metallica did it"

I don't know about​ that. Dream Theater was very original sounding from their debut through Six Degrees.

I don't think so but that's fine!

The Stand is a great album from A7X.

Avenged sevenfold sucks

Dragonforce sucks

My god man.

Who did Dream Theater sound like back then? How were they not original during their first six albums?

Avenged sevenfold sucks

Dragonforce sucks

My god man.

Who did Dream Theater sound like back then? How were they not original during their first six albums?

Any number of metal bands and prog bands.

Kings X

Metallica

Rush

Queensryche

Iron Maiden

Pink Floyd

I will never know what this "Dream Theater sound" is that keeps fans obsessed. It all sounds like coldly produced covers of better bands.

I've never heard a single song in their entire discography which sounds like Dream Theater and no one else.

• Like 1

Dream Theater may be jam packed with musicians who are damn good at what they do, but they really can't write much that impresses me

For the life of me I can't figure out what it is that hooked me on them for all of three months!

Honestly clueless as to what I found appealing. Glad I got all their albums but two for less than £20. The other two...never gonna own them.

Avenged sevenfold sucks

Dragonforce sucks

DRAGONFARCE

Absolutely!!!

PANTERA

Avenged sevenfold sucks

Dragonforce sucks

DRAGONFARCE

Absolutely!!!

Last year a friend of mine asked if I wanted to see Dragonforce play in some cool, small club in the city. I'd never heard their stuff so I YouTube'd a few songs and...nope, wasn't gonna spend ¥6,000 on a shit band no matter how cool the venue is.

The songs I heard sounded like background music for a 90s combat fantasy video game. Cheesedick.

• Like 2

Dream Theater may be jam packed with musicians who are damn good at what they do, but they really can't write much that impresses me

There was a time where I was into DT. Now, I can't bring myself to even listen to them most of the time. Now my Awake vinyl's not even being played and is now relgated to being framed and hanged sonewhere in my room. Edited by PolarizeMe

Avenged sevenfold sucks

Dragonforce sucks

DRAGONFARCE

Absolutely!!!

Last year a friend of mine asked if I wanted to see Dragonforce play in some cool, small club in the city. I'd never heard their stuff so I YouTube'd a few songs and...nope, wasn't gonna spend ¥6,000 on a shit band no matter how cool the venue is.

The songs I heard sounded like background music for a 90s combat fantasy video game. Cheesedick.

I think this video's appropriate for how I feel about Dragonforce.

I liked Dragonforce on their first few albums. Sonic Firestorm is a really good power metal album but their sound did get old pretty quick.

Just curious, are you a fan of powermetal overall?

Its really not on rotation much, but everu now and then some helloween or gamma ray hits the spot

I heard this band/song on a local college radio station today. WSOU - Seton Hall NJ.

This is horrible. I turned it off about 1 minute into the song.

http://youtu.be/vZenVStOOP0

I don't know what upsets me more; the song or the fact that the DJ at WSOU - Seton Hall college radio in his/her ultimate wisdom played it on the air. I couldn't last more than 30 seconds. Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 2

I heard this band/song on a local college radio station today. WSOU - Seton Hall NJ.

This is horrible. I turned it off about 1 minute into the song.

http://youtu.be/vZenVStOOP0

While I can appreciate the drumming, that is a ridiculous overuse of the blast beat. Without it the song isn't even worth a listen. Sounds like standard death metal to me. Nothing special but that describes the bulk of the death metal genre.

Avenged sevenfold sucks

Dragonforce sucks

PANTERA

What?!!