What you think about a band The Jam?

Texas King

In college, my roommate and I used to see a record that was stuck in a shrub outside this Animal House fraternity. It was there for weeks. Finally my roommate pulled it out of the bushes and brought it home.

It played!! It was good!! It had the Batman theme on it and it was The Jam!! It was always good to put on at parties and such. I don't know why they didn't have more success in the U.S. Looking on Amazon, I guess that album was In The City. 4/5 stars. Always interesting walking by that frat house! :P

Edited by blueschica

Love them! Solo Paul Weller is really good too.

I actually like Weller's solo material even better. He had a couple of really great records in the early and mid 1990s.

• Like 1

I like their early material (as above) but apart from the youthful angst and energy it's disposable really. Weller really blossomed as a songwriter a couple of years later:

See also: Down In The Tube Station At Midnight, Going Underground and (especially) Town Called Malice.

I actually prefer his work with his next band, the Style Council, to his Jam stuff. It's not as tough but it's much more interesting.