Led Zeppelin Song contest - The final

toscanobarga

Led Zeppelin Song contest - The final   

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite

• Over The Hills And Far Away
    • When The Levee Breaks

Levee but it was a toss-up. Over the Hills had always been one of my two favorites, along with Kashmir, but these last few years Levee and Ten Years Gone have joined them. I'ts pretty much a toss up between any of those four for me. Today I feel like Levee.

Ramble On, What Is..., That's the Way and Four Sticks are not too far behind.

• Like 2

This contest really ended up perfectly, with the choice being between tracks that respectively embody the end of the early Zep era vs. the dawn of late-era Zep. A real coin toss.

Heads, Levee

Tails, Over the Hills

http://www.cdv-brno.cz/images/Eco04.gif

And heads it is. Levee!

• Like 2

Funny how this worked out. If you asked 100 Zep fans what their favorite song was, how many would answer Levee?

I have 5-10 LZ songs that I like over Levee but out of the two that remain, Levee.

• Like 1

Funny how this worked out. If you asked 100 Zep fans what their favorite song was, how many would answer Levee?

I have 5-10 LZ songs that I like over Levee but out of the two that remain, Levee.

Same here.

• Like 1

Maybe someone can do a thread where everyone lists their five favorite. Their #1 gets 5 points, # gets 4, and so on. Tabulate all the points and see what song ends up on top. Curious if Levee would be in top five even. I love it but I've never thought it was universally loved; more universally admired.

Edit: whatever the case, it's an epic ending to an epic album.

Edited by Rutlefan

Like i have said before, Stairway should be #1 by far. It has become de rigueur for Zep fans to say Stairway is over rated or over played. Therefore its not among the best of Zep. Ridiculous. Its overplayed because of how great it is.
  • Like 3

This was a poll of zep songs as rated by Rush fans, there were typically around 20 voters. This was not a vote of millions of hardcore zep fans. Stairway is exactly where it should have been, according to the votes it got. Why people didn't vote for it is purely conjecture.

Over the Hills. Levee is not even a top 50 Zep song.

No Quarter, Achilles' Last Stand, Ten Years Gone, and Ramble On would be among my actual favorites, with No Quarter as the fave.