Bands that never had a member change??

Bigbobby10

About the Led Zeppelin thing, since Coda isn't new songs, they were made with Bonham in the band, so technically even though it was released after he died, it was pre-dead.

And about the Queen thing, if Queen ended and changed to Queen+, that is a new band, just like with Crosby, Stills & Nash became Crosby, Stills & Nash & Young, technically a new band also.

Thank you.

Also the Led Zeppelin point I brought up isn't about Coda. It's about Celebration Day with Bonham's son on drums. Live concert and live album under the name Led Zeppelin, but without John Bonham and with his son. Come to think of it I'm not sure if it counts anymore.

About the Led Zeppelin thing, since Coda isn't new songs, they were made with Bonham in the band, so technically even though it was released after he died, it was pre-dead.

And about the Queen thing, if Queen ended and changed to Queen+, that is a new band, just like with Crosby, Stills & Nash became Crosby, Stills & Nash & Young, technically a new band also.

Yeah they both count don't they.

Led Zeppelin definitely does, but Im not 100% on Queen, did they make any new material after Freddie's death? (And not meaning unreleased songs before he died)

Led Zeppelin definitely does, but Im not 100% on Queen, did they make any new material after Freddie's death? (And not meaning unreleased songs before he died)

Im talking about CSN/CSNY.

Also if you still don't agree, read this link:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_(band)

And scroll down to the official timeline near the bottom of the page. There is no record of Queen releasing an album without Freddie Mercury, John Deacon, Roger Taylor, and Brian May on the record or with any other members of the band.

Wikipedia! I am sourcing my evidence from the official Queen website. Anyway, the Wikipedia timeline of Queen members extends well into the 2000s. What does that imply?

It implies that Freddie died and John retired. But what you're forgetting is that this threads rules don't care about those details as long as no albums were released with a different lineup under the band name. To put it another way, Led Zeppelin would not count if live appearances were part of the question, as they held at least one concert as Led Zeppelin in the 2000s with Jason Bonham filling in for his late father on drums, even released a live album under this lineup.

So it doesn't matter that Brian May and Roger Taylor call themselves Queen and released albums and toured calling themselves Queen. And your example of Led Zeppelin applies. They released an official album without John Bonham.

And they aren't touring calling themselves Queen. They are touring calling themselves Queen + ____.

Andrew Ridglely is touring in a band called -Queen

Too soon??

yes, too soon

oy vey

Im talking about CSN/CSNY.

Yes they would both count.

Timeline goes like this:

Queen makes their debut album with Freddie Mercury, Roger Taylor, John Deacon, and Brian May as members.

Queen continues under this exact same lineup until Freddie passes away in 1991

The remaining members of Queen release an album with Freddie's unused vocal tracks on it an new backing tracks as a full Queen album

John Deacon retires

Brian May and Roger Taylor team up with Paul Rogers of bad company for tours and one album of new material under the name "Queen + Paul Rogers," playing some new songs but mostly Queen songs.

Brian May and Roger Taylor begin touring with Adam Lambert under the name "Queen + Adam Lambert"

Timeline goes like this:

Queen makes their debut album with Freddie Mercury, Roger Taylor, John Deacon, and Brian May as members.

The remaining members of Queen release an album with Freddie's unused vocal tracks on it an new backing tracks as a full Queen album

John Deacon retires

Brian May and Roger Taylor team up with Paul Rogers of bad company for tours and one album of new material under the name "Queen + Paul Rogers," playing some new songs but mostly Queen songs.

Brian May and Roger Taylor begin touring with Adam Lambert under the name "Queen + Adam Lambert"

What makes up the Queen part of the equation? Hmmm...

Timeline goes like this:

John Deacon retires

John Deacon?

Tool

Is that directed at Digital Dad ??

Like minds!

I'm blocking both of you f***ers.

Haha

I think I was going after EP...although it's all a bit hard to follow at this point.

Timeline goes like this:

John Deacon retires

The remaining members of a band that has never released material under the name Queen using a lineup other than:

Freddie Mercury

John Deacon

Roger Taylor

Brian May

I left work at 8pm tonight, driving home in a miserable cold NJ rain

This is actually very interesting guys, thanks.. Completely got my mind back where it should be - ON MUSIC !!!

I am leaning towards Queen being a separate entity, and therefore, they fit the description of a band that never had a member change ..

• Like 3

OK. My last post regarding Queen.

From the official Queen website FAQ:

Are Queen still active as a band?

Very much so. Queen are still continuing to release live DVDs and albums plus the remaining members of Queen have toured the world to sold out venues with former Free & Bad Company vocalist Paul Rodgers. Queen + Paul Rodgers released an album of new material in 2008, The Cosmos Rocks. Queen have a new UK record company which has big plans to release more product. Queen as a band will be round for a lot longer yet.

OK. My last post regarding Queen.

From the official Queen website FAQ:

Are Queen still active as a band?

Very much so. Queen are still continuing to release live DVDs and albums plus the remaining members of Queen have toured the world to sold out venues with former Free & Bad Company vocalist Paul Rodgers. Queen + Paul Rodgers released an album of new material in 2008, The Cosmos Rocks. Queen have a new UK record company which has big plans to release more product. Queen as a band will be round for a lot longer yet.

I was right! :LOL:

.. and speaking of flogging, while I love Queen and Brian May's contributions to the music, I've lost a lot of respect for him by continuing this farce ..

You put out that POS Cosmos Rocks under a different name, and nobody cares ....

oops, sorry, nobody cared anyway

• Like 1

Tool

Is that directed at Digital Dad ??

Like minds!

I'm blocking both of you f***ers.

Haha

;)

But he is right. Tool never changed members.

TWSS.

Paul D'Amour left and was replaced.

Cream

The Doors

The Doors released two albums and toured after Morrison died.

LIES!

(Still don't like to believe those records exist...).