Presto tour footage

Brucey

I'll say one thing though I'm amazed that Superconductor and Scars got played live while songs like Chain Lightning, Presto and Available Light never got played. Not to mention later stuff like Cut To the Chase.

Really?

Chain Lightning, Presto and Available Light are three of my top ten Rush songs!

Obviously my three favourite Presto songs as well.

I'll say one thing though I'm amazed that Superconductor and Scars got played live while songs like Chain Lightning, Presto and Available Light never got played. Not to mention later stuff like Cut To the Chase.

Really?

Rush hated their own best songs in the late 80's/90's.

• Like 1

Really?

So I've noticed...oh well...strange things happen. Did they play Neurotica or that awful last song on Roll The Bones I always forget?

Really?

So I've noticed...oh well...strange things happen. Did they play Neurotica or that awful last song on Roll The Bones I always forget?

Hey I like those two songs! Neurotica also has a FEROCIOUS Lifeson guitar solo and You Bet Your Life is the only song that induces you to get up and perform a combination of the pogo and the funky chicken neck!

• Like 1

Presto did eventually make the set on the time machine tour. Odd that it didn't get played back then though.

Chain Lightning and Available Light are two big misses not ever being played live.

Yeah I forgot about that despite seeing it!

Really?

Hey I like those two songs! Neurotica also has a FEROCIOUS Lifeson guitar solo and You Bet Your Life is the only song that induces you to get up and perform a combination of the pogo and the funky chicken neck!

...which only qualifies it all the more as my least favourite Rush song ever!

(The rest of Roll the Bones makes a very strong album, though).

Really?

I like the solo in Neurotica but it's not all that tbh. It doesn't make the rest of the song bearable. YBYL stinks. I like/love the rest of the album though!

Oh ok.

I really like the bass line in Scars and think it would have been good to see Geddy play it live on bass.

Great tour footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhwPa9yIshw

:dweez:

ETA: Love this song...and it's even better live! :7up:

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Really?

I dance like that all the time, I'm doing it now! :chickendance:

I've always wondered if they skipped playing "Presto" on the original tour because of the switch between the acoustic and electric guitars and the technology (or lack thereof) that was available back then to duplicate it.

I'm assuming that they didn't play "Available Light" because the vocals would have been a little tough for Geddy, even back then. I don't think that either of these songs would have been left off the Presto tour set list unless there was a good reason.

As far as "Chain Lightning", I think that would have been a little tough to perform live also, but their not playing it was fine by me. I'm was a big fan of that one back then (it's grown on me since). I've always wondered if the solo on the album for "Chain Lightning" is really backwards or was just recorded to sound backwards.

• Like 1

I've always wondered if they skipped playing "Presto" on the original tour because of the switch between the acoustic and electric guitars and the technology (or lack thereof) that was available back then to duplicate it.

I'm assuming that they didn't play "Available Light" because the vocals would have been a little tough for Geddy, even back then. I don't think that either of these songs would have been left off the Presto tour set list unless there was a good reason.

As far as "Chain Lightning", I think that would have been a little tough to perform live also, but their not playing it was fine by me. I'm was a big fan of that one back then (it's grown on me since). I've always wondered if the solo on the album for "Chain Lightning" is really backwards or was just recorded to sound backwards.

It's recorded normally, then reversed. Here's a discussion on it.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/84959-chain-lightning-guitar-solo/

• Like 2