Led Zeppelin Album Elimination - Round 4

toscanobarga

Led Zeppelin Album Elimination - Round 4  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your least favorite

I respect and love IV.......and i'm not casting a vote for it......yet. but i'm serious when i say i really never need to listen to it again.

Mick

Bizarre!!

I never tire of music that i love.

Agreed. Even if I overplay something, I cannot vote against it. I mean...there is a reason I can't stop playing an album above all others over and over...how can I call an album weak of it brought me joy over many, many plays?

I never really play my favourite album of all time anymore. I don't want to hear it to be honest. But that doesn't change the fact it's the most played album of my lifetime and it changed me and defined my tastes.

Would be foolish to knock an album because it wore off a certain appeal after being literally played to death.

An old woman's face doesn't change the fact she may have been a beauty in her prime.

• Like 1

I know many might Disagree. I think they went downhill awfully fast. the cracks were showing at PG for me.. Great great band. but man did they burn fast and quick, lol

Mick

Gotta disagree big time. Presence is a fantastic album. I know i am in a huge minority, but "Tea For One" is underappreciated masterpiece. And no it's not "Since I've Been Loving You" redux. And Page loves it!

ITTOD is a very good album too. And yes i really enjoy "Hot Dog".

I love Presence and In Through the Out Door. I think they achieved a great sound on those albums. Edited by goose

I respect and love IV.......and i'm not casting a vote for it......yet. but i'm serious when i say i really never need to listen to it again.

Mick

Bizarre!!

it happens to me.

Not saying that won't change......as of now. i'll puke if i hear Rock and Roll or stairway.......again, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Bizarre!!

it happens to me.

Not saying that won't change......as of now. i'll puke if i hear Rock and Roll or stairway.......again, lol

Mick

I recently learned to play Stairway on the ukulele, so I've heard it every day for two weeks now. So has my poor wife. :LOL:

ETA: I skip Rock and Roll these days, but Black Dog...never.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Mick

Bizarre!!

it happens to me.

Mick

I recently learned to play Stairway on the ukulele, so I've heard it every day for two weeks now. So has my poor wife. :LOL:

ETA: I skip Rock and Roll these days, but Black Dog...never.

i used to go to this Comedy club and at the start of EVERY show they would blast Rock and Roll........it was a great place......but i was begging for a new intro song, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

Bizarre!!

Agreed. Even if I overplay something, I cannot vote against it. I mean...there is a reason I can't stop playing an album above all others over and over...how can I call an album weak of it brought me joy over many, many plays?

Yes that was my point. IV is not getting my vote yet, because it is so classic. But I don't need to hear it every day either.

IV it's always IV for the reasons Wil1972 stated ...BEAT TO DEATH everyday FOR 50 Years ...

I would never CHOOSE to listen to IV on my worst day

• Like 2

IV it's always IV for the reasons Wil1972 stated ...BEAT TO DEATH everyday FOR 50 Years ...

I would never CHOOSE to listen to IV on my worst day

that' was my point. i've not listened to this in years. not cause i find it bad. i'm just done with it being beat into me, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Glad to see III and IV have no votes. IV is overplayed but still a stone cold classic. II and III are my faves though.

IV is not overplayed. It's played quite a lot because it's THAT great! How do you overplay a masterpiece?

I don't know about where you are from but here the classic rock station cannot seem to get enough of Stairway, Rock and Roll, Black Dog and Trampled Underfoot. I don't even listen much to the radio and I still hear those all the time. Going to California gets a lot of play too.

Again, it is a classic. Not disputing it. But they wear it out on the radio.

No doubt, this is one reason I avoid the radio. After about three decades being radio-free, I can enjoy IV again. I've also started to like Tom Sawyer again, a real break-through. It might take thirty years, as it did me, but it can be done.

Other than the mighty IV, I really enjoy III and Physical Graffiti, so I expect it'll soon be cryin' time for me!

fists%20crying.gif

I'm amazed that the debut could be the next one to go. I'm not a huge fan, but I thought people LOVED Zep I.

Overplayed? Overwrought? Great drum sound, and the whole thing recorded and mixed in 36 hours.

• Like 1

Presence, reversed. :eh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3OWnl7ZH0k

:fury:

I think this is the way some people here this album. I think it's fantastic.

.Grammy a for nominated everything most than better its this like Even

!There did you what see I

oot eM

III is currently my third favourite album.

It currently goes:

1. I

2. II

3. III

At this rate I'm expecting to find IV...first? I loved that album the last time I played it!

Edited by Segue Myles