Whats's your guilty music secret?

madra sneachta

QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Oct 7 2004, 06:26 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Oct 7 2004, 09:09 AM)
For some reason, "Skyrockets in flight! Afternoon Delight!" just popped into my head. I've never actually enjoyed listening to it, but if I did, I would sure as heck feel guilty.  sad.gif

I guess I just like the idea of the song. (Yeah! Bay-bee Yeah!)  tongue.gif  wink.gif 

Sorry, guys for putting such an evil toon into your heads, and so early in the morning, too!  062802puke_prv.gif

The Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight

Patsy Cline - BRILLIANT! (You guys should hear LakesideMaiden do "Crazy")

Hey GG, LM & I grew up with the same stuff! Everly Bros. Anne Murray... We are both country fans, REAL country mind you, not Shania or the other pop-crossovers.

We grew up listening to Jazz, Old time R&R (Chuck Berry style) Country, Blues, and Classical.

Chet, as my sister said, is one of my Dad's all time favorites. Along with Jerry Reed, Ricky Skaggs, Vince Gill, (stay LM, Stay! No *THUDS* now...) Wes Montgomery, Kenny Burrell, Joe Pass, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Johnson, & Andres Segovia, just to name a few. I won't go off on an "influences" jagg here, these are just a few of the guitarists, Vocals are another track entirely. (no pun intended) wink.gif

You could say we have a well rounded raising in the different genres of music.

LMAO...

I have heard LSM sing Crazy...it was I believe like at midnight when I was trying to get my English essay done for the morning LOL...but she's really good at it....it kept me awake at least biggrin.gif

Everyday I listen to more country...and i'm being bad here...I listen to the pop stuff as well...Shania Twain...yeah....she's ok.. ph34r.gif

Now it's more like Josh Gracin, Dierks Bentley (I love that song..."What Was I thinkin'") What else....oh i'm a huge fan of Hilary Duff...no joke. Also Kelly Clarkson, Black Eye Peas, a lot of Celtic stuff, Dixie Chicks, Loreena McKennitt, Michelle Branch, Sweatshop Union

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, "Ray of Light" is a good album. I don't own it, but I heard a lot of the songs on it. There is some legitimacy to those songs.

Actually, I like a lot of Madonna's stuff. It could be that she did things her way as well. She's a very no-nonsense woman.

By the way, Pags, Ava Gardner was a cousin of mine on my mother's side. Before she was married to "ol Blue Eyes", she was married to Mickey Rooney and then Artie Shaw. She was originally from Smithfield, NC. It's a town close to my hometown.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 20 2005, 09:30 PM)

By the way, Pags, Ava Gardner was a cousin of mine on my mother's side. Before she was married to "ol Blue Eyes", she was married to Mickey Rooney and then Artie Shaw. She was originally from Smithfield, NC. It's a town close to my hometown.

She went to high school with my aunt.... well my grandma's sister in law actually.

I'm not a huge rap fan but I love Beastie Boys, Cyprss Hill's Black Sunday album, The Marshall Mathers album by Eminem and Dr. Dre's Chronic 2001 album....

Also like to listen to techno once in awhile....Chemical Bros., Lords of Acid, Prodigy, Crystal Method

Rolf Harris laugh.gif rofl3.gif

http://www.pandas.currantbun.com/Rolf/pictures/ohead.jpg

That's me didgereydoo yer ticklin' - heh!

"...and she's buyin' a stairway to heaven..."

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Aug 24 2005, 08:39 AM)
And Scissor Sisters, Disco Rock! biggrin.gif

I saw the Scissor Sisters on a SNL repeat last Saturday night. I've never heard of them before. They were weird, man. But... GOOD. yes.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Aug 24 2005, 01:48 PM)
Rolf Harris laugh.gif rofl3.gif

http://www.pandas.currantbun.com/Rolf/pictures/ohead.jpg

That's me didgereydoo yer ticklin' - heh!

"...and she's buyin' a stairway to heaven..."

I always wanted to hate Rolf's version, but couldn't quite bring myself to do it........

QUOTE (Pags @ Aug 24 2005, 07:54 AM)

I saw the Scissor Sisters on a SNL repeat last Saturday night. I've never heard of them before. They were weird, man. But... GOOD. yes.gif

Scissor Sisters are excellent!!!

Like a better version of the Darkness, more jokey.

And their music makes you dance like an idiot, escpecially when intoxicated! laugh.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 20 2005, 10:30 PM)

That's wild!! Ava's in the family, eh? Cool. Yeah... she did the man in, pretty good. But - imo - because of that he put out some of the best material he's ever recorded.

Incidentally, we think our new arrival will be given that name. But, I hate saying stuff like that before hand. So, Shhh.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Aug 24 2005, 08:57 AM)

And their music makes you dance like an idiot, escpecially when intoxicated! laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I look forward to giving that a try!! trink38.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Aug 24 2005, 07:58 AM)

laugh.gif

Be warned: It doesn't work if you can dance!!!

I got upstaged big time in terms of dancing ability, but everyone wanted me to stay on the floor for longer!!! cool.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Aug 24 2005, 09:02 AM)

laugh.gif

I got upstaged big time in terms of dancing ability, but everyone wanted me to stay on the floor for longer!!! cool.gif

rofl3.gif too funny

QUOTE (Pags @ Aug 24 2005, 08:58 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 20 2005, 10:30 PM)

That's wild!! Ava's in the family, eh? Cool. Yeah... she did the man in, pretty good. But - imo - because of that he put out some of the best material he's ever recorded.

Incidentally, we think our new arrival will be given that name. But, I hate saying stuff like that before hand. So, Shhh.

Yeah, my grandmother told me that.

Some years ago, Mickey Rooney made a visit to Smithfield for some kind of dedication at the Ava Gardner museum.

Sometime after her divorce from Frank Sinatra, she started seeing George C. Scott. Her maid and assistant said that George started beating her (Ava) in some kind of rage and the maid called Frank to let him know what was happening. Frank sent some friends to George's place and put a stop to it.

Rumor has it that when Ava was buried in Smithfield, Frank came to the funeral. A limo had shown up but no one ever stepped out of the vehicle, so a lot of people figured it was him. It was said that even after they divorced he still really loved her.

QUOTE (Pags @ Aug 24 2005, 08:05 AM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Aug 24 2005, 09:02 AM)

laugh.gif

rofl3.gif too funny

It is.

If i ever do it again, and a mate has a video camera, i'll post it up here, It's not like i'd remember any of it unsure.gif ph34r.gif

Or you could show us your moves, pags! laugh.gif common001.gif cheer.gif

theres a chevy commercial where a truck load of guys are flying down the road and one of the guys blurts out "man i feel like a women"

now cut me some slack Rushfan, we know we're all music lovers, so feel free to clense your soul and admit your worst opportunistic virus.

ok so here it goes

hootie and the blowfish "only wanna be with you" rofl3.gif

Archived