Whats's your guilty music secret?

madra sneachta

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif ok i might get in trouble for this doh.gif but im gonna rat Indica out and tell yous

he likes Ashley Simpson rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif trink39.gif

and my guilty music secret is Janet Jackson and The outkast 1022.gif yes.gif

Sad but true joker.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Oct 9 2004, 07:17 PM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Oct 8 2004, 10:39 PM)
our lips are sealed!!!!

What's this, quoting Bananarama now?

tongue.gif

noo thats from a go-gos tune "our lips are sealed" rofl3.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Oct 7 2004, 08:09 AM)
For some reason, "Skyrockets in flight! Afternoon Delight!" just popped into my head. I've never actually enjoyed listening to it, but if I did, I would sure as heck feel guilty. sad.gif

I guess I just like the idea of the song. (Yeah! Bay-bee Yeah!) tongue.gif wink.gif

Sorry, guys for putting such an evil toon into your heads, and so early in the morning, too! 062802puke_prv.gif

AAAAHHHHH!!! QUICK! QUICK! WHERE'S 2112?? AAAHHHH!!! rofl3.gif

70s disco, for me......and I'll never feel guilty for that!! common001.gif

AH

AH

AH

AH

STAYIN' ALIVE

STAYIN' ALIIIIIIIIVE

nasty.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 9 2004, 08:58 PM)
Ok, the soundtrack to Grand Theft Auto is my guilty pleasure. Lotsa cheesy stuff on there no one who is a fan of music should like, but oh well tongue.gif

hahaha yea! GTA is an awesome game! The music is good...depends on which one your talking about tho....GTA3 or Vice city... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Oct 9 2004, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 9 2004, 08:58 PM)
Ok, the soundtrack to Grand Theft Auto is my guilty pleasure.  Lotsa cheesy stuff on there no one who is a fan of music should like, but oh well tongue.gif

hahaha yea! GTA is an awesome game! The music is good...depends on which one your talking about tho....GTA3 or Vice city... biggrin.gif

Vice City, very 80's oriented. Too bad I was but a baby at the time and dont remember any of the songs when they were coming out.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Oct 8 2004, 11:39 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Oct 8 2004, 06:45 PM)
i like blasting the GO-GO's in my car.

It's OK Davey, our lips are sealed!!!!

Not that I want to embarass Slaine or anything (Terry Pratchett fans are always welcome in my gaffe), he's hurting my brain big time in the Camera Eye thread at the moment, so here'sd the whole "Our Lips are Sealed" post

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Oct 11 2004, 05:58 PM)
(Terry Pratchett fans are always welcome in my gaffe)

laugh.gif I LOVE Terry Pratchett! I'm thinking you probably have a killer library Madra new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Oct 11 2004, 09:58 PM)
[Not that I want to embarass Slaine or anything (Terry Pratchett fans are always welcome in my gaffe), he's hurting my brain big time in the Camera Eye thread at the moment, so here'sd the whole "Our Lips are Sealed" post

Have you read Going Postal yet?

Ditto that, Mongo

+ U2 - the Unforgettable Fire

Men Without Hats

Ultravox

QUOTE (Mongo @ Aug 17 2005, 11:11 AM)
That 80s supergroup Asia becuase they are just too catchy to resist.

"In the heat of the moment"

chickendance.gif

I can't help but dance along to the infectuous melodies!

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Aug 18 2005, 10:43 AM)
I like Gwen Stefani's song "Cool" from her solo album... >_>

However, I am well aware that "Hollaback Girl" is a load of crap!

ok, i know it will show how hopelessly uncool i am for asking, but what on earth does hollaback mean??? confused13.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 18 2005, 08:39 PM)

ok, i know it will show how hopelessly uncool i am for asking, but what on earth does hollaback mean??? confused13.gif

I presume it means that if you holler at someone from a distance, then they....eh....hollaback!!!

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Aug 18 2005, 11:41 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 18 2005, 08:39 PM)

I presume it means that if you holler at someone from a distance, then they....eh....hollaback!!!

funny, but i doubt it. tongue.gif

: goober waits for someone much cooler than himself to come along and answer the question :

What is mine? Easy. Sinatra! Hey, I'm Italian. They'll kick me out otherwise. laugh.gif

Seriously though, I grew up with my father playing Sinatra throughout the house. Not only did it allow for me to gain an appreciation for the singers, the big bands, and the song standards of that era - it put Sinatra at the top.

My favorite 'era' of Sinatra was in the mid to late fifties when he worked with the greats like Billy May and Nelson Riddle releasing timeless works such as Come Fly With Me, Songs For Swinging Lovers, and my all time favorite album from him - Sinatra Sings For Only The Lonely. If ever you want to experience the sadness he felt over his breakup with Ava Gardner.... this is the one to listen to. The title track, as well as One For My Baby are two of the most amazing songs ever recorded in history. Ever.

Later works from Sinatra during the late 60's and 70's never impressed me. His voice just never what it was, and tunes like Summer Wind, That's Life, New York New York do absolutley nothing for me. Keep em. Give me......

I've Got The World On A String

The Lady Is A Tramp

Witchcraft

I Get A Kick Out Of You

Come Fly With Me

Put Your Dreams Away

I've Got You Under My Skin

Close To You

Autumn In New York

OMG - I gotta put some on now.

Archived