Best song not played live this century

Lurkst

Fly By Night

I love that song more today than when it came out.

I didn't know you were aware of the band back when it came out.

I remember hearing Fly By Night on the radio, then Closer To The Heart, but neither one was enough to get me interested in them. It wasn't until Limelight and Tom Sawyer that I paid attention and finally bought a Rush album.

• Like 1

Fricken Peaceable Kingdom! That's my favourite song by them (could you tell by my username? :P ) but seriously, that's such an underrated amazing song, that totally should've been done live.

Welcome to the forum. Welcome also to the way too long username club for which I am President. ;)

Wahaha, yeah totally XD

I was hoping they would've have pulled out "A Farewell to Kings".

So close! From 2009...

"We tried to rehearse A Farewell To Kings on the last tour and I couldn't successfully sing that without hurting myself, so we gave up."

• Like 1

So close! From 2009...

"We tried to rehearse A Farewell To Kings on the last tour and I couldn't successfully sing that without hurting myself, so we gave up."

You know, I can't imagine that "Anthem" or "Lakeside Park" are any easier to sing. But I'm not Geddy Lee...

So close! From 2009...

You know, I can't imagine that "Anthem" or "Lakeside Park" are any easier to sing. But I'm not Geddy Lee...

I always thought Geddy actually sounded decent on those during R40, which seemed to be a miracle.

So close! From 2009...

I always thought Geddy actually sounded decent on those during R40, which seemed to be a miracle.

He did an admirably job. R40 was one of my favorite concert experiences ever.

So close! From 2009...

Apparently that was before they broke down and decided to tune down.

So close! From 2009...

As he said in the recent Strombo interview, Alex really pushed him into singing those songs, and he spent most of the shows worrying that his voice would hold out.

I can see why AFTK would cause him problems though, there's not just the odd shriek, it's persistently high and very intense. Would be difficult for the latter day Ged voice to do it justice.

So close! From 2009...

Apparently that was before they broke down and decided to tune down.

They tuned down Circumstances on that tour; the first time they tuned down anything other than 2112. I think AFTK dropped one step would still be very challenging since it's so consistently high. Maybe Circumstances took the place of AFTK on the setlist? The world may never know, and the guys probably don't know anymore if the subject ever came up!

Alien Shore (underrated song from "Counterparts"), Circumstances, Natural Science, Emotion Detector, Superconductor, Anagram (for Mongo), Face Up.

Circumstances and Natural Science have been played relatively recently on the Snakes and Arrows tour

• Like 1