Green Day

Permanent-Rush

It's the kind of hate bands can get by members here who don't prefer them that made me title my Queen thread the way I did back when I made it so long ago. Now I realize a lot of you really have a lot against Green Day, but it seems like the OP was more looking for folks who actually like them a lot as he does, and would probably prefer to discuss them with others who like them a lot. So then wouldn't it make more sense to leave your negative comments for a "let's bash Green Day" thread, or even the RRHOF thread?

I for one think Green Day are much better than Nirvana and are easily one of the best bands since the nineties. There's a video of them playing with U2 at the reopening of the football stadium of the Saints in New Orleans (forgive me, I'm not very knowledgeable in how to talk about sports) after Hurrican Katrina. They open with Wake Me Up When September Ends, which just sounds epic, then they go into House Of The Rising Son for a minute before charging to a little known song called The Saints Are Coming (which subsequently became the anthem of the football team) and ending on the most powerful rendition of Beautiful Day I've heard. The whole thing reminded me of the sheer power of the right music at the right time in the right place to connect with an audience and transcend its label as simple art. Just from the YouTube video, I could feel a fraction of the pure hope, joy, relief, and outpouring of emotion that must've taken place on that day for the city of New Orleans. If Green Day can be a part of that, if they can have that kind of effect on people, they have to be one of the great bands of all time, top 50 at least.

I agree.

I feel bad about my reaction to Queen...I think it was in your thread

It's fine. I'm still glad we got you to take another chance on them. You ended up digging the first album quite a bit if I recall.

First four plus Innuendo haha

ANATO grew on you?! :D

Oh crap it ends with Sheer Heart Attack I thought that was the fourth haha

• Like 1

Entre, I am a girl, not a guy.

It's the kind of hate bands can get by members here who don't prefer them that made me title my Queen thread the way I did back when I made it so long ago. Now I realize a lot of you really have a lot against Green Day, but it seems like the OP was more looking for folks who actually like them a lot as he does, and would probably prefer to discuss them with others who like them a lot. So then wouldn't it make more sense to leave your negative comments for a "let's bash Green Day" thread, or even the RRHOF thread?

I for one think Green Day are much better than Nirvana and are easily one of the best bands since the nineties. There's a video of them playing with U2 at the reopening of the football stadium of the Saints in New Orleans (forgive me, I'm not very knowledgeable in how to talk about sports) after Hurrican Katrina. They open with Wake Me Up When September Ends, which just sounds epic, then they go into House Of The Rising Son for a minute before charging to a little known song called The Saints Are Coming (which subsequently became the anthem of the football team) and ending on the most powerful rendition of Beautiful Day I've heard. The whole thing reminded me of the sheer power of the right music at the right time in the right place to connect with an audience and transcend its label as simple art. Just from the YouTube video, I could feel a fraction of the pure hope, joy, relief, and outpouring of emotion that must've taken place on that day for the city of New Orleans. If Green Day can be a part of that, if they can have that kind of effect on people, they have to be one of the great bands of all time, top 50 at least.

Oh sorry sorry! Bad assumption on my part. I didn't mean to do that.

• Like 1

I agree.

I feel bad about my reaction to Queen...I think it was in your thread

It's fine. I'm still glad we got you to take another chance on them. You ended up digging the first album quite a bit if I recall.

First four plus Innuendo haha

ANATO grew on you?! :D

Oh crap it ends with Sheer Heart Attack I thought that was the fourth haha

Lol, it's fine. ANATO is only my favorite album of all time ever you know. :P

The four you like are pretty sick too. ;)

It's okay, I am not mad.

• Like 1

It's okay, I am not mad.

He just defended your thread and that's the only thing you make mention of?

• Like 1

Apparently part of why they're so huge is due to Hot Topic's marketing of the "American Idiot" merch. Kids thought it was cool to wear, spread like wildfire from there, word of mouth... I remember songs from the American Idiot album always being on the radio during that time.

Dookie broke them big a decade before American Idiot and has sold ten million copies in the US. They didn't need Hot Topic to become huge because they were already.

Yeah, American Idiot and especially Boulevard Of Broken Dreams were played non stop when that album came out.

They're one of those bands where I don't mind the singles but have never had any desire to hear their albums. I guess it's because for the most part they just sound like your standard, run of the mill punk band with nothing special to their sound.

I like the earlier singles/hits, songs like brain stew, basket case, longview...

If Blvd Of Broken Dreams, Wake Me Up When September Ends, or 21 Guns starts playing in a store? I'm running for the door :scared:

It's the kind of hate bands can get by members here who don't prefer them that made me title my Queen thread the way I did back when I made it so long ago. Now I realize a lot of you really have a lot against Green Day, but it seems like the OP was more looking for folks who actually like them a lot as she does, and would probably prefer to discuss them with others who like them a lot. So then wouldn't it make more sense to leave your negative comments for a "let's bash Green Day" thread

On the surface that might seem like a good idea, but it isn't. Besides, no one would go for it.

The contempt for a band when a new thread is made about them by in large wanes away after the first few pages.

Also, your thread title had nothing to do with "Queen Haters" staying away from your thread, the reason for that is that there aren't exactly many of those out there :)

If this thread's title was "The Amazing GREEN DAY Adoration and Respect Thread!" people who didn't care for Green Day would be all the more compelled to stop by and say, "how about no?"

I for one think Green Day are much better than Nirvana and are easily one of the best bands since the nineties.

rf415.gif

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 1

It's the kind of hate bands can get by members here who don't prefer them that made me title my Queen thread the way I did back when I made it so long ago. Now I realize a lot of you really have a lot against Green Day, but it seems like the OP was more looking for folks who actually like them a lot as she does, and would probably prefer to discuss them with others who like them a lot. So then wouldn't it make more sense to leave your negative comments for a "let's bash Green Day" thread

On the surface that might seem like a good idea, but it isn't. Besides, no one would go for it.

The contempt for a band when a new thread is made about them by in large wanes away after the first few pages.

Also, your thread title had nothing to do with "Queen Haters" staying away from your thread, the reason for that is that there aren't exactly many of those out there :)

If this thread's title was "The Amazing GREEN DAY Adoration and Respect Thread!" people who didn't care for Green Day would be all the more compelled to stop by and say, "how about no?"

I for one think Green Day are much better than Nirvana and are easily one of the best bands since the nineties.

rf415.gif

Agree to disagree then.

Still Breathing is a deceptively excellent song. It's beautiful really. I thought it was very cliche at first, but upon repeat listens it made perfect sense and struck me as wonderful.
  • Like 2

Not sure about the green day hate. Not every band with a punk sensibility has to suck at musicianship and implode on drugs and burn out in their early twenties. I'm not a huge fan but I've always liked something off of every album.
  • Like 4

I am not even a Green Day fan but good grief...to say they are not influential or important would be the same as saying U2 weren't a big deal in the eighties
  • Like 3

hate this band but I always thought dookie was fun

Damn Bath! I guess I'm "All By Myself!"

I just listened to "Dookie" since you think it's fun.

Man, there are few good tunes on the record but overall it's just awful.

It's just me dude. I can't stand Billy's voice.

That's life right? Many hate Geddy's voice. To each their own.

GANGRENE DAY IS SO BAD!

People on this Board hate Blink 182.

So?

Blink is so much better.

I absolutely hate Green Day and I have the right to bash them.

THEY SUCK!

FKKING LIBERALS!

• Like 1

You are such an idiot Earl it's no longer funny

I'm an AMERICAN IDIOT!

BEAT IT MYLES!

I have the right to my opinion.

You rip me for my musical tastes and zany posting all the time. SO WHAT!

Look in the mirror boy before you crack it.

Perhaps Tony R was right about you after all. Wow. No respect.

It's about music. Not about ripping humans who post here.

You have no respect for me.

Take a hike.

Not being funny.

Make sure you pm all of your little minions to attack me.

Green Day, Nightwish, and Lacuna Coil are three of the worst bands on the planet.

It's called freedumb of speech dummy.

Embrace your rights and bugger off wanker.

Actually my fav off the new album is prob the title track. I know it,s pretty standard Green Day but it's just done so well, and that melody is irresistable. Pure fun. This is why I like Green Day. They make me happy.
  • Like 1

I'm an AMERICAN IDIOT!

BEAT IT MYLES!

Take a hike.

Not being funny.

Green Day, Nightwish, and Lacuna Coil are three of the worst bands on the planet.

Maybe we should all take a deep breath and cool off. Agree to disagree perhaps. Some of us love love Green Day to death and some of think they really really suck. That shouldn't foster personal attacks one way or the other, though I'd personally prefer a thread full of discussion, admiration, and constructive criticism of Green Day's work than a bash-fest.

• Like 1

I'm an AMERICAN IDIOT!

BEAT IT MYLES!

Take a hike.

Not being funny.

Maybe we should all take a deep breath and cool off. Agree to disagree perhaps. Some of us love love Green Day to death and some of think they really really suck. That shouldn't foster personal attacks one way or the other, though I'd personally prefer a thread full of discussion, admiration, and constructive criticism of Green Day's work than a bash-fest.

I'm fine and I agree.

I always had Myles' back. He was always bullied on here and I always defended him.

Not sure why his persona has changed.

That's on him.

Not me.

I will always voice my unfiltered opinion about rock and roll and other hot topics.

It's fun.

I'm proud to be different.

Glad I can bring a different game to The Rush Forum.

I've been on for 10 years.

It's been one hell of a rollercoaster ride.

I love it.

Perhaps the pen is mightier, I mean the keyboard is mightier than the sword.

Who's come to slay the dragon?

"Different Strings......."

Different Strokes.

Wattach you talking' 'bout Willis?

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

hate this band but I always thought dookie was fun

Damn Bath! I guess I'm "All By Myself!"

I just listened to "Dookie" since you think it's fun.

Man, there are few good tunes on the record but overall it's just awful.

It's just me dude. I can't stand Billy's voice.

That's life right? Many hate Geddy's voice. To each their own.

GANGRENE DAY IS SO BAD!

People on this Board hate Blink 182.

So?

Blink is so much better.

I absolutely hate Green Day and I have the right to bash them.

THEY SUCK!

FKKING LIBERALS!

this is all the pop punk you need...

http://i.onionstatic.com/avclub/5161/90/16x9/1200.jpg

• Like 1