2016-17 NHL Season Thread

blueschica

Hawks 5 Penguins 1 :) Incredible first period was enough to win this game. After that, the Hawks started to coast as they usually do, even when they have a one or two goal lead. The NBC three stooges walked away disappointed yet again. :P 49-21-7

Thank you for beating the Pens. I am counting on you guys to keep them from winning another cup this year.
  • Like 2

Hawks 5 Penguins 1 :) Incredible first period was enough to win this game. After that, the Hawks started to coast as they usually do, even when they have a one or two goal lead. The NBC three stooges walked away disappointed yet again. :P 49-21-7

Thank you for beating the Pens. I am counting on you guys to keep them from winning another cup this year.

My thoughts exactly. :fistbump: With all due respect to the thread starter. :outtahere:
  • Like 2

My thoughts exactly. :fistbump: With all due respect to the thread starter. :outtahere:

Mine too. With the Wings out, I don't have a dog in the hunt this year.

btw BR, besides Dork Emrick and Pierre Le Foole, who's the 3rd stooge?

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

Why it's Olczyk, of course. I know he played for the Hawks and all that, but he's anything but a homeboy. When the opposition scores on us, he can't wait to talk about the play. When we score, it's like a funeral speech. And he predicts every reviewed call against Chicago. I miss our color commentator from the 80s-90s, Dale Tallon.
  • Like 1

Why it's Olczyk, of course. I know he played for the Hawks and all that, but he's anything but a homeboy. When the opposition scores on us, he can't wait to talk about the play. When we score, it's like a funeral speech. And he predicts every reviewed call against Chicago. I miss our color commentator from the 80s-90s, Dale Tallon.

Foley and Tallon were amazing together. Remember this classic? :LOL:

Make sure you listen around a minute in. :)

Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwuUzSZfQ4k

:LOL: :lol:

• Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwuUzSZfQ4k

I think Foley turned off his mike after Tallon's comment for about 15 seconds in order to laugh his head off. It's too bad Dale was fired by the Hawks for that careless mistake, when he was the general manager. :|
  • Like 1

LET'S GO PENS !! Penguins end a 4 game slide with a 4-3 win over the Rangers tonight. First goal was by Guentzel, and the second was Crosby, bouncing it off goalie Lundqvist's mask into the back of the goal. It was a weird thing to see. Third goal from Bryan Rust, and I knew what was coming- Mr. blues is a huge Neil Young fan. "Rust Never Sleeps!!" Yeah. :P Pens win with Crosby clinching the shootout- 47-19-11 !!

Hawks 3 Jackets 1 :) Bobrovsky was very good, but he couldn't stop Panarin and Hossa. Three point night for Kane, still trying to catch McDavid for the scoring title. :madra: 50-21-7

Caps got smoked last evening by the Yotes

That's like being in a different universe. :wacko:

It sure is. I hope they can shake that one off.

Well, you got Columbus next. Sometimes losing to a bad team makes you play great next time against a good opponent. It always seem to work out that way for the Hawks. Not that I'm rooting for Washington, I'm still hoping to get the President's Trophy. ;)
  • Like 2

Caps got smoked last evening by the Yotes

That's like being in a different universe. :wacko:

They were completely looking past Phoenix towards Columbus today.

It's not good to lose focus like that.

Let's hope the focus is crystal clear for the Columbus game.
  • Like 1

Dale is now GM for the Panthers down here in South FL, and doing OK. As far as color, nobody beats the sick goal calls of Randy Moeller, the guy is nuts! Edited by pjbear05

P :) A :) N :) A :) R :) I :) N :cheers: Hawks 1 Avalanche 0

H :heart: A :heart: R :heart: T :heart: M :heart: A :heart: N :rose: Hawks 2 Avalanche 0

K :D-13: R :D-13: U :D-13: G :D-13: E :D-13: R :martini: Hawks 3 Avalanche 0

P :) A :) N :) A :) R :) I :) N :cheers: Hawks 1 Avalanche 0

H :heart: A :heart: R :heart: T :heart: M :heart: A :heart: N :rose: Hawks 2 Avalanche 0

K :D-13: R :D-13: U :D-13: G :D-13: E :D-13: R :martini: Hawks 3 Avalanche 0

Bad play by Seabrook. :sigh: Hawks 3 Avalanche 1