2016-17 NHL Season Thread

blueschica

Nice OT win by the Lightning of DA Hawks 5-4 but it is just is the smallest chip of a diamond on one turd of a season. Still the slightest chance to make into post season play but we'll see. Even if the bolts eek in I do not feel we will go as deep as last season but ya never know.

Go Bolts

:hockeygoon:

Our power play was terrible. Our penalty kill was terrible. Oh yeah, Jurco scored his first goal as a hawk. 48-21-7

So when Crosby slashes another player (and let's face it the slash was something every other player does) all hell rains down on him.

But over the last 10 years as Crosby has been gooned up more than any other player and no other player is even a close second, no one says a damn thing.

f**k ya'll and f**k the NHL.

Sid is STILL the best in the world. BOOM!

"Cindy", as he is sometimes called, is still perceived to be a whiny beyotch. No matter how good he is, that perception is still out there

I guess; if you live outside the Pittsburgh area. It's all Sid love around here !! I really hadn't ever heard "Cindy" until tonight! :P I might have a few friends that are Caps fans so the Ovechkin jokes are sweet. Actually, both Crosby and Ovechkin are very well known for spending a LOT of time with Make A Wish kids and going far beyond what is expected to make the kids' days really special when they come to visit the team. :heart:

32879784913_248c3967d3_o.png 32850155964_473d699812_o.png 33692890465_b0e393881b_o.png

As a Caps fan I hate him. But he is damned good and I know people (Caps fans) who have met him and say he is a really good guy off the ice.

I am waiting for the time when we can get past those Yinzers but I don't think it will happen in my lifetime.

:LOL: I hope not, but you never know; Pens are dealing with Malkin and Letang being injured right now and Caps are leading the conference! My husband and I end up feeling a little split anyway; we actually live in central PA now and go to AHL Hershey Bears games the most. It is mostly good hockey, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg, but they are the farm team for the Caps! :facepalm:

They will get Malkin and Letang back by the time post season starts right?

The Caps have been a broken team since their vacation week. They have been tracked down by Columbus and a very injury plagued Penguins team and they probably won't even win the division at this point. If they don't win the division they won't get out of the first round because they can't beat the Penguins or Columbus in a 7 game series.

So when Crosby slashes another player (and let's face it the slash was something every other player does) all hell rains down on him.

But over the last 10 years as Crosby has been gooned up more than any other player and no other player is even a close second, no one says a damn thing.

f**k ya'll and f**k the NHL.

Sid is STILL the best in the world. BOOM!

"Cindy", as he is sometimes called, is still perceived to be a whiny beyotch. No matter how good he is, that perception is still out there

He seems more scrappy/frustrated since his concussions. Still a helluva player, despite hacking guys in the groin and slashing off the odd fingertip!

:LOL:

Yeah that insanely cheap shot at the Winter Classic that was not a penalty!

Hawks 5 Penguins 1 :) Incredible first period was enough to win this game. After that, the Hawks started to coast as they usually do, even when they have a one or two goal lead. The NBC three stooges walked away disappointed yet again. :P 49-21-7
  • Like 3