2016-17 NHL Season Thread

blueschica

Was just trying to remember the last time the Leafs and Habs were both in the playoffs.

Then I was trying to remember the last time they met in the playoffs. Couldn't recall (but thinking it obviously never happened while they were in separate conferences)

So I had to look it up. 78/79 season.

Imagine the ticket demand for that matchup should it happen.

It doesn't matter, neither team is getting out of the first round this year.

Pens hanging in against Columbus, 3-0 end of second period, but awesome goalie Murray had to leave during warmups for lower body injury. Bad news because veteran goalie Fleury has a large tendency to choke in the playoffs. :banghead: Edited by blueschica

Predators 1 Hawks 0 :facepalm: Ineptness from the Hawks and the refs. Somebody should tell them what a late hit is. And we should've had a 5 on 3 for the whole two minutes late in the third. Not the best way to open :moon: up the playoffs, boys.

At my parents house! Having so much trouble finding it on their weird cable! Are they showing the Ducks for a minute while they break?

Yes. NBCSN is the network that is carrying it.

Caps/Leafs is at intermission between the 1st and 2nd OT.

THANK YOU!!

• Like 1

Predators 5 Hawks 0 :facepalm: I don't think our guys know these are the playoffs yet. They're known for turning it on at will, but losing both games at home to start the series and not even scoring a goal may be too big of a task for them now. We're having a tough time figuring out Nashville's game plan of clogging up the neutral zone. My advice to them: pump your legs for full 60 minutes. That usually works. And that power play. I've been watching these super stars struggle on it for nine years now. There must be somebody in this league we can get that could put it all together. It's definitely not Dineen.
  • Like 1

Predators 5 Hawks 0 :facepalm: I don't think our guys know these are the playoffs yet. They're known for turning it on at will, but losing both games at home to start the series and not even scoring a goal may be too big of a task for them now. We're having a tough time figuring out Nashville's game plan of clogging up the neutral zone. My advice to them: pump your legs for full 60 minutes. That usually works. And that power play. I've been watching these super stars struggle on it for nine years now. There must be somebody in this league we can get that could put it all together. It's definitely not Dineen.

The two shutouts is the truly mind blowing part.

• Like 2

The two shutouts is the truly mind blowing part.

Quenneville's changing lines at the drop of a hat. He's been doing that throughout his coaching career, but with this group of players it doesn't seem to have any effect. I'm surprised it ever did. Hard to click on the ice if you don't know who you will be playing with from shift to shift.
  • Like 1