The big four

Entre_Perpetuo

Big Four Aussie bands:

INXS

Midnight Oil

The Church

Split Enz/Crowded House

AC/DC and Cold Chisel would squeeze out the Church and the last two as far a making my list of iconic Aussie rock bands. I like those bands, but I think the other two are bigger.

AC/DC had slipped my mind; obviously the biggest of the bunch. Re Cold Chisel, I'll rephrase... Biggest Four Aussie bands to audiences outside Australia:

AC/DC

INXS

The Church

Crowded House (with a nod to their forerunner, Split Enz)

Hunters & Collectors is a good band from Australia.

Big Four Aussie bands:

INXS

Midnight Oil

The Church

Split Enz/Crowded House

AC/DC and Cold Chisel would squeeze out the Church and the last two as far a making my list of iconic Aussie rock bands. I like those bands, but I think the other two are bigger.

AC/DC had slipped my mind; obviously the biggest of the bunch. Re Cold Chisel, I'll rephrase... Biggest Four Aussie bands to audiences outside Australia:

AC/DC

INXS

The Church

Yup. There's a lot of good bands from Australia.

• Like 1

Big Four Aussie bands:

INXS

Midnight Oil

The Church

Split Enz/Crowded House

AC/DC

INXS

The Church

Yup. There's a lot of good bands from Australia.

The Oils are like the U2 of Australia, if U2 didn't suck and needed a guy to play guitar for them under the stage!

Big Four Aussie bands:

INXS

Midnight Oil

The Church

Split Enz/Crowded House

The Church are my favorite on that list. :(

I love the Church, but I don't believe they're as "big" as the other bands...as in iconic.

Big Four Aussie bands:

INXS

Midnight Oil

The Church

Split Enz/Crowded House

AC/DC

INXS

The Church

Gotcha! Little River Band?

Hah. I'll refine it a bit. Big four alt/new wave pop/rock Aussie bands, internationally:

INXS

Midnight Oil (sorry Men at Work)

The Church

Crowded House/Split Enz

• Like 3

Hah. I'll refine it a bit. Big four alt/new wave pop/rock Aussie bands, internationally:

INXS

The Church

Crowded House/Split Enz

Midnight Oil >> Men at Work

• Like 2

INXS

The Church

Crowded House/Split Enz

Not enough >s but yes!

INXS

The Church

Crowded House/Split Enz

That was my meaning, yes. :)

The big four most "classic rock" albums ever

Led Zeppelin IV

Who's Next

Dark Side Of The Moon

Let It Bleed

• Like 5

The big 4 of Pop Punk

Green Day,My Chemical Romance,Fall Out Boy,Panic! At The Disco.

I'd have thought it'd be more along the lines of...

Green Day, Blink 182, The Offspring, Sum 41

Four of my favorite bands!
  • Like 1

The big 4 of Pop Punk

I've been thinking about this recently, and I feel like Green Day doesn't belong in that group simply for being a whole decade older. I feel like maybe these two big fours of pop punk might work better:

90s

Green Day

Blink-182

The Offspring

Sum 41

00's

Fall Out Boy

My Chemical Romance

Panic! At The Disco

Paramore

thoughts?

• Like 1

The big 4 of Pop Punk

I've been thinking about this recently, and I feel like Green Day doesn't belong in that group simply for being a whole decade older. I feel like maybe these two big fours of pop punk might work better:

90s

Green Day

Blink-182

The Offspring

Sum 41

00's

Fall Out Boy

My Chemical Romance

Panic! At The Disco

Paramore

thoughts?

I actually agree with u on ur list there!

• Like 1

The Big Four of "Drivers' Cars" (not the same as performance cars -- handling and dynamics vs power and speed):

Lotus (always a good buy for the fun-loving masochist)

Alfa Romeo (the recent return to RWD marks the return to essential "Alfa-ness")

BMW (a bit over-rated since the mid-'00s, but before that every bit deserving of the reputation)

Mazda (always have had a sporting nature to their cars, but their current line-up of suburban warriors is easily the best of the bunch for the soccer moms and dads who like to drive a genuine car, as opposed to a web-connected appliance)

You can't have a list of "drivers' cars" without including Porsche.

I left out Porsche as they're kind of like Rush in that they are in a class of one, combining Ferrari performance and Aston build quality at Mercedes prices. I'm thinking that Porsche is as much in the "Performance Car" category (and even luxury car with some models) as "Driver's Car" ... part Lotus/Alfa but part Ferrari/Aston Martin as well. I was thinking of those companies who either historically (BMW) or currently (Mazda) emphasize dynamics even in an otherwise unremarkable car (unremarkable in terms of performance or luxury). Porsche mostly only makes remarkable cars, but when they don't -- such as the 914, 924, 986 and 987 base Boxster -- the result can be very unremarkable for a driver's car.

In any event, not intended as a slight as I'm like this guy, in that my two favorite car companies are far and away Porsche and Alfa (not a close third). This guy's ticket to a job with Singer (makes modernized air-cooled 911s) was his custom Alfa Giulia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9LdyVWY6yw

Edited by Rutlefan