The Gush Over Rush Thread

Lorraine

I'm listening to Xanadu from that concert now. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: I can't imagine what it must have been like to have been at one of their concerts back in the late seventies.

They were still a pretty obscure band back then. I wish I could go back and hear/see it again and appreciate it more.

• Like 2

I'm listening to Xanadu from that concert now. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: I can't imagine what it must have been like to have been at one of their concerts back in the late seventies.

They were still a pretty obscure band back then. I wish I could go back and hear/see it again and appreciate it more.

At least you were there and actually saw them in their prime.

Love this clip of Lifeson in the studio. He puts his whole body (and heart) into his playing. What it must be like to have him come in and add his inimitable style to your song...

What are you talking about 'in their prime?'

Rush has always been in their prime.

Ok, is that too much gushing :LOL:

• Like 3

I just meant I would have appreciated it more at the time. if I knew what was to come.

• Like 1

I just meant I would have appreciated it more at the time. if I knew what was to come.

Isn't that a shame? I just said something similar about The Who in the Quadrophenia thread.

If we had only known...

It has got to be one of the truest old sayings that youth is definitely wasted on the young.

• Like 3

I'd like to gush a little over the Grace under Pressure DVD... Watched it again recently and while it probably represents one of the worst fashion disasters ever caught on tape for the band, the sound and playing and everything is just stellar. I think of all the live versions of "Tom Sawyer" I have heard/seen, this one is my favorite. Plus it has the Fear Trilogy! Just a great all around show and its a shame the whole thing hasn't been released. Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 4

I'd like to gush a little over the Grace under Pressure DVD... Watched it again recently and while it probably represents one of the worst fashion disasters ever caught on tape for the band, the sound and playing and everything is just stellar. I think of all the live version of "Tom Sawyer" I have heard/seen, this one is my favorite. Plus it has the Fear Trilogy! Just a great all around show and its a shame the whole thing hasn't been release.

I have to buy myself a bona fide copy of that one. I love it! If I could only have three tour dvds, I'd choose ESL, Rio, and this one.

I'll go watch Tom Sawyer now! Still love the song so much. :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 1

I could cry watching that. You rarely saw Alex like that again after that tour. In the mid-nineties, he seemed to get a burst of renewed energy, but that was it.

Al seems to be smiling the whole show and he looks about 15 years old! Ged sounds great and even Neil seems to be enjoying himself. And it shows too that there were, in fact, females at Rush shows before Rio.

• Like 3

I could cry watching that. You rarely saw Alex like that again after that tour. In the mid-nineties, he seemed to get a burst of renewed energy, but that was it.

Al seems to be smiling the whole show and he looks about 15 years old! Ged sounds great and even Neil seems to be enjoying himself. And it shows too that there were, in fact, females at Rush shows before Rio.

Glad you reminded me because that's the other thing about that tour.

It's the last time you ever seen Neil looking like that. After that, his face started to look angry and bitter.

• Like 1

Yeah there were. Lots of them.

• Like 1

What are you talking about 'in their prime?'

Rush has always been in their prime.

Ok, is that too much gushing :LOL:

I have to say I agree with this. Taste aside, every decade Rush has proven to thrive and I know of no other band to have nineteen albums, each with a rabid following within the fan base after forty years.

I could whinge about, say, Signals, Counterparts or Clockwork Angels but each album has a lot of love! Like...whatever album I call underrated is easily justifiably overrated to someone else.

It's a down to taste because overall the quality has always been extremely high!

• Like 4

I would like to generally just thank Rush overall for making me the musician I am today. I doubt I would have kept playing all these years if it hadn't been for them.
  • Like 4

Here's the video that brought me here to TRF almost four years ago, back in the day when I could load them at five to seven seconds a minute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vUNxqE_3N0c

I am so glad you have fast working Internet now. Honestly it must feel awesome to be able to listen to songs you have not heard in years!

• Like 1