The Gush Over Rush Thread

Lorraine

Brucey, thank you. I loved that one ("the Big Money"). Loved the angle it was shot too. I wonder where the person was sitting?

Did Alex have blue suede shoes on?

And Geddy's wearing my favorite stage shoes. I must've mentioned those shoes at least ten times on here.

"Bravado" on the other hand almost did me in today.

All the hope and glory

all the sacrifice in vain.

and if love remains

thought everything is lost

we will pay the price

but we will not count the cost....

Edited by Lorraine

Ooooo, Eagle. Watch that one. At about 3:00 or so Alex does parts of Xanadu. It'll send chills up and down your spine. It goes on for about three minutes. I hope this is on my hard drive. A real treasure!!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by Lorraine

Ooooo, Eagle. Watch that one. At about 3:00 or so Alex does parts of Xanadu. It'll send chills up and down your spine. It goes on for about three minutes. I hope this is on my hard drive. A real treasure!!

Cool! I haven't seen this particular sound check before. It's not on my hard drive, so you might not have it either.

Cool! I haven't seen this particular sound check before. It's not on my hard drive, so you might not have it either.

Wasn't that good?

• Like 1

Wasn't that good?

Sounded like he was messing around with the parts from Xanadu but not playing it exactly.

• Like 1

Someone posted this in the bootleg section, so I'm bringing it here, if for no other reason than the incredible set list.

Boy, that brings back memories. I remember when audiences used to be that active and participatory.

I noticed them singing along too.

Eagle, listen to Hemispheres Prelude and tell me if that isn't too fast. It sounded to me like the tape was sped up. I almost missed the Ping!!!

Edited by Lorraine

I noticed them singing along too.

Eagle, listen to Hemispheres Prelude and tell me if that isn't too fast. It sounded to me like the tape was sped up. I almost missed the Ping!!!

Maybe a tiny bit. Sounds pretty close to the album speed.

Edited by EagleMoon

Someone posted this in the bootleg section, so I'm bringing it here, if for no other reason than the incredible set list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=89APxjCQprE

Boy, that brings back memories. I remember when audiences used to be that active and participatory.

Audiences are always like that in Europe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=89APxjCQprE

Audiences are always like that in Europe.

They generally are here too but Rush audiences have become very laid back as the band (and audience) has gotten older.