1037 replies to this topic

#1021 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:25 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 24 July 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

Listening to the six hour remastered bootleg that someone on youtube published a couple of years ago.  It's got some cool stuff.

https://www.youtube....h?v=RYx5AOMtwU0

:cheers:  It's been so long since I've listened to Rush, Roll The Bones sounds good!  :lol:

:7up:

Sponsored Post

#1022 New_World_Man

New_World_Man

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • Interests:Music, internet, reading, outdoors, movies, etc.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

I can gush over a lot of Rush songs. THis would take too long. Lol. Side one of Hemispheres, Camera Eye, Limelight(even though it's been played to death), Free will(same thing), Xanadu, In the End, Natural Science, Jacobs Ladder, THe Trees, Distant early warning, 2112 suite, By Tor and the Snow dog, Subdivisions, The Necromancer, The Weapon, Marathon, Territories, Force Ten, I could go on and on here. Lol. And that's just the tip of the iceberg(pun intended).

Edited by New_World_Man, 27 July 2017 - 03:24 PM.

#1023 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:46 PM

View PostNew_World_Man, on 27 July 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

I can gush over a lot of Rush songs. THis would take too long. Lol. Side one of Hemispheres, Camera Eye, Limelight(even though it's been played to death), Free will(same thing), Xanadu, In the End, Natural Science, Jacobs Ladder, THe Trees, Distant early warning, 2112 suite, By Tor and the Snow dog, Subdivisions, The Necromancer, The Weapon, Marathon, Territories, Force Ten, I could go on and on here. Lol. And that's just the tip of the iceberg(pun intended).

I like your lineup of songs.  :)

#1024 New_World_Man

New_World_Man

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • Interests:Music, internet, reading, outdoors, movies, etc.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:03 PM

Me too although of course I left out a few. :)

#1025 IwillchooseFreeWill

IwillchooseFreeWill

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:Music, movies, traveling, textile arts, science fiction, TV, AFL, Burmese cats, nature and the outdoors, friends

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:36 AM

I'm feeling a strong need to gush at the moment. I get their songs stuck in my head and can't get them out, can't even sleep. I listen to other music and have a wide variety but nothing sticks like Rush. Neil's incredible lyrics that somehow he and Geddy make into a song that's not just singable, but something you love. Geddy's voice is great. I have no problems with it until a few years ago when it started to go in the top ranges. Alex's guitar work is superb and always fits into the song beautifully. My songs to rave over today are Natural Science, Bravado, The Pass, and Dreamline. But I could go back to Bastille Day and on to Caravans. Sigh. Right now I'd just like to sleep without Natural Science pounding in my head. I've converted my friend and driver, who says "Hi, guys!" When she turns the key in my car and Rush starts playing. She likes Ghost of a Chance and so do I.

#1026 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:36 PM

View PostIwillchooseFreeWill, on 05 August 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

I'm feeling a strong need to gush at the moment. I get their songs stuck in my head and can't get them out, can't even sleep. I listen to other music and have a wide variety but nothing sticks like Rush. Neil's incredible lyrics that somehow he and Geddy make into a song that's not just singable, but something you love. Geddy's voice is great. I have no problems with it until a few years ago when it started to go in the top ranges. Alex's guitar work is superb and always fits into the song beautifully. My songs to rave over today are Natural Science, Bravado, The Pass, and Dreamline. But I could go back to Bastille Day and on to Caravans. Sigh. Right now I'd just like to sleep without Natural Science pounding in my head. I've converted my friend and driver, who says "Hi, guys!" When she turns the key in my car and Rush starts playing. She likes Ghost of a Chance and so do I.

Those are all some of my favorites too.  I'm kind of in a lull right now. Taking a break from their music, but I'm sure something will spark my interest again. It always does.

Edited by EagleMoon, 05 August 2017 - 03:36 PM.

#1027 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3885 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:21 PM

Listened to Hold Your Fire while cleaning last weekend and found myself singing all the way through the whole damn album.

Totally forgot the outro solo to Mission got cut short on the studio album so I had to listen to a few live versions after to make things right again.

#1028 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1185 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:37 AM

View PostIwillchooseFreeWill, on 05 August 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

You have a driver???  Nice!

#1029 Brucey

Brucey

Babycat's Nemesis

• Members *
  • 8888 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:48 PM

Lerxt dance!

And I guess the song is alright

Edited by Brucey, 09 August 2017 - 07:49 PM.

#1030 Eel Yddeg

Eel Yddeg

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:50 PM

Just wanna gush over the amazing note in "Freeze"
"Sometimes, I freeze, sometimes, I FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!"

#1031 snowdogged

snowdogged

Ultimate Time-Killing Sig

• Members *
  • 4741 posts
  • Interests:Yo momma

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:25 PM

I wipe everyone off the map here at TRF as far as gushing over Rush goes. Rush, I just slashed my carotid artery for ydahc gfcfaqqdbmdq../.;lj

#1032 Brucey

Brucey

Babycat's Nemesis

• Members *
  • 8888 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:32 PM

#1033 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

View Postsnowdogged, on 20 September 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

I wipe everyone off the map here at TRF as far as gushing over Rush goes. Rush, I just slashed my carotid artery for ydahc gfcfaqqdbmdq../.;lj
I didn't know whether you were joking or not.  It's hard to tell here sometimes.  Even when I know someone well.

#1034 snowdogged

snowdogged

Ultimate Time-Killing Sig

• Members *
  • 4741 posts
  • Interests:Yo momma

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

View PostLorraine, on 21 September 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

I didn't know whether you were joking or not.  It's hard to tell here sometimes.  Even when I know someone well.

View PostLorraine, on 21 September 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

since I am responding to your post I will let you figure it out.

#1035 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 5836 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

I was listening to 2112 in the car doing errands.  I was struck (again) with how well Geddy uses his voice during Discovery and Presentation.  Such an awesome recording, even 40 years later!  :) :)

#1036 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:02 PM

View Postblueschica, on 30 October 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

I was listening to 2112 in the car doing errands.  I was struck (again) with how well Geddy uses his voice during Discovery and Presentation.  Such an awesome recording, even 40 years later!  :) :)
Isn't it funny how some things hit you that never did before after all these years?  It's happened with me so many times.  All of a sudden I hear something in a song that I never heard before.    That's why I love music so much.  It is an ongoing adventure in my life.

#1037 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 5836 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

View PostLorraine, on 30 October 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 30 October 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

Isn't it funny how some things hit you that never did before after all these years?  It's happened with me so many times.  All of a sudden I hear something in a song that I never heard before. That's why I love music so much.  It is an ongoing adventure in my life.

Yes, you've really put your finger on it!  You're right, suddenly something can sound so beautiful, even though you've heard it before.

#1038 lifeson90

lifeson90

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:35 PM

Just checked out La Villa/In The Mood at the end of A Show Of Hands video, first time in a couple years actually, too long.

Like, just the best 15 mins of Rush ever for me. All the band great obvs but Al... just out of it in another place, complete mastery of his art

In awe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users