• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 RobK

RobK

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:49 AM

How, in all my years, have I never found my way here before now?

:smash:

Sponsored Post

#2 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

The Dream Police

• Members
  • 34021 posts
  • Interests:The Cure and 80's music

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:51 AM

Welcome to the form.

I am not sure.

#3 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5549 posts
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:00 AM

As long as you finally make it...

Welcome, Rob.  :ebert:

#4 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 23452 posts
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:18 AM

Welcome, this forum is a great place to get information on upcoming tours and set lists.

#5 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 21640 posts
  • Interests:Buyin' a Jeep Wrangler, getting that 5th Utah national park in, going to Scotland, returning to Canada, Devin Townsend, doin' good

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:20 AM

View PostJohnRogers, on 18 May 2016 - 11:18 AM, said:

Welcome, this forum is a great place to get information on upcoming tours and set lists.
:LMAO:

Oh man, that's too good :lol:

#6 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3775 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:47 AM

...and albums, don't forget albums. I'm holding hope out for Feedback II...covers of 70s Disco hits.

#7 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 5858 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:59 AM

Welcome to TRF, RobK !  :hi:  Nice to have you here!

#8 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42212 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:01 PM

:hi:

#9 toymaker

toymaker

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5898 posts
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:10 PM

Welcome RobK!

Please complete the following quesionnaire:

1.  What is your favorite album?
2.  What is your favorite Rush "era" - the starting out years, the Era of Rush Majesty (2112 to Moving Pictures), the synth years, or the 21st century stuff?
3.  Do you consider Permanent Waves a 70s record or an 80s record (please note there is only one right answer for this one)?
4.  Do you consider yourself a true Rush fan, and why or why not?

#10 Lucas

Lucas

Leave That Wrench Alone

• Members
  • 10812 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:30 PM

Hey Rob, WELCOME TO THE FORUM !

#11 RobK

RobK

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:31 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 18 May 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

Welcome RobK!

2.  What is your favorite Rush "era" - the starting out years, the Era of Rush Majesty (2112 to Moving Pictures), the synth years, or the 21st century stuff?
3.  Do you consider Permanent Waves a 70s record or an 80s record (please note there is only one right answer for this one)?

1. Presto
2. So tough, the "2112 to Moving Pictures" and the synth years would have to be a dead tie, each for different reasons and moods. NOT a superfan of Test for Echo, Vapor Trails or Snakes & Arrows. Love Clockwork Angels, the writing style harkens back to Moving Pictures IMHO.
3. For me Moving Pictures is the first true album of the 80s.
4. I have all my original vinyl from Presto back to Fly By Night. Somehow over the years I lost the original RUSH album. Recently bought a reprint. I would not be a musician if it weren't for RUSH. My 14yr old son is already a very competent drummer playing RUSH.

#12 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8319 posts
  • Interests:The Ocean

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:38 PM

Hi Rob K.         Think big !

#13 Babycat

Babycat

Party Animal

• Members *
  • 79302 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:10 PM

:hi: Welcome to TRF! :hi:

#14 rocket ignites

rocket ignites

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5549 posts
  • Interests:Poker. Minnesota Vikings/Twins/T-Wolves. Being a glass half-full advocate for post 1982 Rush.

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:34 PM

lol. ouch!

#15 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

Professor Gumby

• Members
  • 63094 posts
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:37 PM

Welcome to the forum, RobK :cheers:

#16 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 23452 posts
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:40 PM

View PostRobK, on 18 May 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

Welcome RobK!

1. Presto
2. So tough, the "2112 to Moving Pictures" and the synth years would have to be a dead tie, each for different reasons and moods. NOT a superfan of Test for Echo, Vapor Trails or Snakes & Arrows. Love Clockwork Angels, the writing style harkens back to Moving Pictures IMHO.
4. I have all my original vinyl from Presto back to Fly By Night. Somehow over the years I lost the original RUSH album. Recently bought a reprint. I would not be a musician if it weren't for RUSH. My 14yr old son is already a very competent drummer playing RUSH.
You'll do well here. One last question...for now. How many live shows have you attended???

#17 RobK

RobK

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:13 PM

View PostJohnRogers, on 18 May 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

Welcome RobK!

1. Presto
You'll do well here. One last question...for now. How many live shows have you attended???

Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Roll the Bones, Counterparts and Clockwork Angels… had a rough decade in there.

#18 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3775 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:16 PM

View PostRobK, on 18 May 2016 - 02:13 PM, said:

Welcome RobK!

1. Presto

Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Roll the Bones, Counterparts and Clockwork Angels… had a rough decade in there.
Ok, you qualify...now stand over there and Lucas will do the body cavity search.

#19 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 23452 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:17 PM

Welcome RobK!

1. Presto

TrueRushFan™

You've earned it. If you have not given Vapor Trails Remix a spin please do, I suspect you already have being a TrueRushFan™ and all.

#20 RobK

RobK

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:21 PM

View PostJohnRogers, on 18 May 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

Welcome RobK!

1. Presto

TrueRushFan™

You've earned it. If you have not given Vapor Trails Remix a spin please do, I suspect you already have being a TrueRushFan™ and all.

YAY!!!

I do have the remix of VT actually and like it A LOT MORE than the original which was like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Edited by RobK, 18 May 2016 - 02:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users