Las Vegas, NV Periscope Thread - July 25

DirkPrattLerxst

I know a lot of people like What You're Doing... But I reallllyy wish they would've played Fly By Night instead. I just don't really like anything off the debut album aside from Working Man

I'm guessing they rehearsed that, but Geddy felt he couldn't do it justice.

I'm actually kinda tired of Working Man even though the solo's always great. Think it'd be cooler if they were ending with Finding My Way. Back to the very first song.

ACT was me! Sorry about the inconsistency and the blurriness. I had a hard time keeping the camera focused, and I still wanted to be able to enjoy the show myself. Really had a fun time, and I hope the feed was helpful and enjoyable to ya'll!
  • Like 9

Finally back home and what can I say? 1. Periscope was a mess for me on my Android. I watched some replay stuff and I must say, perhaps more development could be done for Android? My replay was a pixelated mess, I couldn't zoom in and well, it was hard to really see anything clearly. Had I known there was free wifi at MGM Grand, I could have taken my old iPhone which shoots better video than Android on Periscope. The funny thing is that my phone took great pics off of Periscope, those will be on my Twitter page later. Sorry to the folks who tuned into my Periscope mess....On a positive note, I got to say hello to Mr. Ungerleider, take a quick pic and he signed my PeW booklet that the band signed early on in the tour. He was very kind with his time. I also met some really great people at the show that came in from different parts of the world. The show was a great one!
  • Like 3

ACT was me! Sorry about the inconsistency and the blurriness. I had a hard time keeping the camera focused, and I still wanted to be able to enjoy the show myself. Really had a fun time, and I hope the feed was helpful and enjoyable to ya'll!

Thank you for the feed!

• Like 1

At least you probably had a decent view. I have to read up on tips or something and figure out why I couldn't zoom. The view made it look like I was a lot further away than I actually was and it was really pissing me off.

That said, it was a great show (got my Red Barchetta!) and happy I made the trip. Back home today. :)

• Like 5

What a show. After some sleep I feel I can better evaluate the evening now. I came in expecting to see the same set I saw last show I went to, so I was really pleased to get to hear some variety. This was my first time (if you can believe it) to see Rush indoors in an arena; all 3 times prior have been in an outdoor amphitheater. It was great to experience a little more of a controlled sound indoors. Our seats were fantastic on Alex's side, and were made to look much further away on Ticketmaster. Red Barchetta is my favorite song, so I was so happy they played it!

I can safely say having seen it twice that Jacob's Ladder and Xanadu are the highlights of this tour for me. JL is so amazing with the lighting and ambiance, and Geddy is able to sing his part quite well in that comfortable range. They sound way younger when they play that tune. Xanadu is just a masterpiece and it is a privilege anytime you see it live.

Everytime Geddy said, "Thank you!" I yelled it back to him as loud as I could. Seriously, these guys are legends and if this was the end, well, they deserve their retirement. "Maybe we'll meet again someday."

• Like 3

At least you probably had a decent view. I have to read up on tips or something and figure out why I couldn't zoom. The view made it look like I was a lot further away than I actually was and it was really pissing me off.

That said, it was a great show (got my Red Barchetta!) and happy I made the trip. Back home today. :)

I saw your feed but I couldn't get any video, just the audio. That's never happened.

A great show, I had the chance to sit next to Xanadu, we saw Red Barchetta, and it was awesome.

Also the only concert I have ever been to walking toward the arena, and the air is filled with the smell of cheap booze and Coppertone.

The MGM pool closed at 6, and the masses had to walk opposite direction Rush fans were headed.

Alex played awesome, only 1 mistake.....show keeps getting better and better...

• Like 3