Hold Your Fire vs Presto

Tuesday's Gone

Which album is best ?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which album is best ?

I was expecting HYF to win but not so easily, interesting.

I dislike some of HYF and love all of Presto, but HYF takes the cake. I love High Water, Second Nature, and Tai Shan. I know everyone hates Tai Shan but its one of the songs for me that carry the album. I cant stand Prime Mover or Lock and Key

To each his own but I find this very strange. I love Tai Shan too. High Water (the only song I don't like) and Second Nature are imo the 2 worst songs on the album. imo Prime Mover and Lock and Key are some of the best songs on the album.

I thought it was odd because the poster expresses a dislike of Hold Your Fire, loves all of Presto, and then votes for Hold Your Fire anyway.

:huh:

The way I read it is that while he likes every song on Presto and dislikes a few on Hold Your Fire, he thinks that the best songs on HYF are better than the best songs on Presto (or something like that).

Edited by Tuesday's Gone

Over the years I have come to really enjoy Presto - it's an excellent album.

But HYF gets my vote. The only Rush album I like more are 2112 and perhaps Power Windows. Basically a tie between HYF & Power Windows. Yes, that means I like Power Windows and HYF more than say CA, Hemispheres, MP, Permanent Waves, AFTK, S & A and even FBN.

Not knocking Presto here. As said, its excellent top to bottom. Not a bad song on it. But it does not match up against HYF.

• Like 2

when they were out I was an obsessed fan, HYF came out when I became a fan and Presto was the one that cemented it, my first tour as well. From a far I still hold them both in high regard, but neither are in my top 5, HYF gets the edge musically, but Presto I feel is oft maligned. It doesn't deserve it. I actually think Alex has better material on HYF on Presto to me he seems tentative. Like he knows he wants to rock but forgets how. Force Ten, TTP and Lock and Key all rock harder than anything on Presto.

I was expecting HYF to win but not so easily, interesting.

I dislike some of HYF and love all of Presto, but HYF takes the cake. I love High Water, Second Nature, and Tai Shan. I know everyone hates Tai Shan but its one of the songs for me that carry the album. I cant stand Prime Mover or Lock and Key

To each his own but I find this very strange. I love Tai Shan too. High Water (the only song I don't like) and Second Nature are imo the 2 worst songs on the album. imo Prime Mover and Lock and Key are some of the best songs on the album.

If those two songs are some of the best, the album shouldn't win against any Rush albums.

I cannot choose.

HYF is the better album, but Presto has Chain Lightning, Available Light and the title track, which are three of my top ten (and one is my number one) Rush songs.

Love Presto dearly......but HYF is my number 2 rush album.

8 great songs. Rush did the right thing putting 8 SONGS on there. :P :laughing guy:

Mick

you have entered the twilight zone . . .

• Like 1

8 great songs. Rush did the right thing putting 8 SONGS on there. :P :laughing guy:

Mick

lol. i have a mental block against those last 2. or you could be refering to HYF being number 2 on my list.

I stand by both things, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Mick

lol. i have a mental block against those last 2. or you could be refering to HYF being number 2 on my list.

Mick

The Twilight Zone is an alternate dimension in which China never sang anything to Neil Peart and where synthesized bamboo flute samples have not been invented.

It's my happy place.

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

The Twilight Zone is an alternate dimension in which China never sang anything to Neil Peart and where synthesized bamboo flute samples have not been invented.

It's my happy place.

ahh. then it's a lovely place. I'll stay.

Mick

Tai Shan and High Water are two of the most perfect songs Rush ever recorded!

The whole album is a ten!

Presto is the first time since MP where the band clearly made an album better than their previous effort, and it's probably better than the previous 4 albums. It's still not among the band's best, but it is better than the worst album of the band's dark days of synths.

Right on, brutha!

:madra: :madra: :madra:

http://www.picgifs.com/clip-art/cartoons/bugs-bunny/clip-art-bugs-bunny-210336.jpghttp://cdn.mysitemyway.com/etc-mysitemyway/icons/legacy-previews/icons-256/pink-jelly-icons-alphanumeric/073270-pink-jelly-icon-alphanumeric-more-than.pngcasio-history-1.jpg