• Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Clockwork Angels

Many may wish the band didn't head down a synthesizer road but Power Windows is a great album. Look at that track listing every minute of music better than CoS.

Only song that is probably better than COS is Marathon.

But PW is a great album

Many may wish the band didn't head down a synthesizer road but Power Windows is a great album. Look at that track listing every minute of music better than CoS.

Only song that is probably better than COS is Marathon.

But PW is a great album

I'd also take The Big Money over anything on CoS.

It is better then COS but COS is still in my top 5

I love Power Windows.

Mick

Marathon was amazing on the Time Machine tour, but Bastille, Fountain and Necromancer are seminal Rush tunes. And for CoS to go with HYF still there, something that somehow escaped me...

• Like 1

I love Power Windows.

Mick

Marathon was amazing on the Time Machine tour, but Bastille, Fountain and Necromancer are seminal Rush tunes. And for CoS to go with HYF still there, something that somehow escaped me...

It escapes me too.

• Like 1

I love Power Windows.

Mick

Trust me i get It. COS should not be on the chopping block. i agree. PW is my 3rd fav Rush album though. Cos is number 5.

Both are awesome though.'

Mick

I love Power Windows.

Mick

Trust me i get It. COS should not be on the chopping block. i agree. PW is my 3rd fav Rush album though. Cos is number 5.

Mick

Of course Permanent Waves is awesome. But the embarrassing Casio keyboard sounds on The Big Money and the dreadful second half of the album make Power Windows one of the band's weakest. It's a bit shocking that great albums like CoS and CA are set to exit stage left before that anachronism.

• Like 1

Except for votes for Hold Your Fire, aka music for robots.

:o :rage:

Oh, how we can be in so much agreement on some albums and so much disagreement on others.

;)

Robots will one day be much smarter than humans, and have a completely objective view towards music. They will indeed love Hold Your Fire

Hey, machines can love

• Like 1

I love Power Windows.

Mick

Mick

Of course Permanent Waves is awesome. But the embarrassing Casio keyboard sounds on The Big Money and the dreadful second half of the album make Power Windows one of the band's weakest. It's a bit shocking that great albums like CoS and CA are set to exit stage left before that anachronism.

Doh I meant Power Windows. I wasn't paying atention, lol

Mick

I love Power Windows.

Mick

Mick

Power Windows a 3rd favorite? You need to be taken to re-education camp comrade.

1st favorite Moving Pictures

2nd Permanent Waves

3rd Signals

That is always the list. You must not stray. Bad Boys and girls, the Rebel types may reverse the order of Moving Pictures and Permanent Waves. Old people with written permission from the priests may substitute 2112 for Signals.

Edited by JohnRogers

How HYF and PoW are still on this list is a testament to the Rush Keyboardist Forum. They played half of PoW at the three CA shows I attended and half the crowd didn't know those songs and the other half was napping. Never saw such a melllllow Rush crowd before.

Hmm......sucks for them. I loved the CA setlist.

Mick

Set 2, sure.

The first half was a disappointment. The only good thing is that the songs sound better live than they do in the flaccid studio versions.

• Like 1

It would be a damned shame for the best thing they put out in the last 30+ years to go before lite rock shit like HYF and PoW, let alone the incoherent mess that's CoS.

I wouldn't call Caress an incoherent mess, but I do agree that both Hold Your Fire and Power Windows are both rock shit and should have already been relegated to the deep pit days ago.

Calling HYF and PoW rock is stretching the definition beyond recognition.

Lock And Key and Marathon both rock pretty hard.

Time Stand Still however, certainly does not rock.

I'm thinking of creating accounts with user names of "Dan Fogelberg" and "Air Supply", just so the like box for your post will read "Dan Fogelberg and Air Supply like this".

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 5

What I like aboot these "stupid" polls is that I find my self revsiting entire albums, some after a decade. I get to stray away from my iTunes fantasy tour play list. I'm going to fire up Power Windows right aboot now.
  • Like 3

I love Power Windows.

Mick

Mick

Power Windows a 3rd favorite? You need to be taken to re-education camp comrade.

1st favorite Moving Pictures

2nd Permanent Waves

3rd Signals

That is always the list. You must not stray. Bad Boys and girls, the Rebel types may reverse the order of Moving Pictures and Permanent Waves. Old people with written permission from the priests may substitute 2112 for Signals.

No i don't i'm fine thanks ;)

Mick

How HYF and PoW are still on this list is a testament to the Rush Keyboardist Forum. They played half of PoW at the three CA shows I attended and half the crowd didn't know those songs and the other half was napping. Never saw such a melllllow Rush crowd before.

I skipped the tour because of that setlist. Not because I don't like the songs...but I knew the crowd would not be interested in it.

So taking this to its natural conclusion everyone that knew the songs from PoW were sleeping through them.

Sounds like an appropriate reaction to me...

Power Windows, but my vote is subject to change. Depending on what the day brings.

Ditto.

Remember the deal? You would team with me on one once counterparts bit the dust? Its time for Clockwork Angels

OP, please make the votes private.

You wanna make it to Tulsa?

Like, have sex on our way? Um...with you or someone else?

Hypothetically speaking, lets just say me

Now that I've had a few drinks......no. But is your wife coming?

You gotta figure that at least 8 of the votes against CoS last time were actual votes, and not tactical ones like Bowl-City's futile yet entertaining attempt to save Counterparts. If you add in some CP-haters who naturally would go against CoS next and some CA defenders, I suspect it will take at least 16 votes to kill an album not named CoS. I'd prefer it to be HYF or PoW (whatever my contractually obligated voting says), but if it's CA, that is better than killing the beauty of CoS.

But as the anti-hard rock brigade has been caucusing for weeks, I think people who would rather see PoW, HYF or CA go should get together, or concede that the forces of evil are too great in the world to overcome.

17 for CA. Is it enough?

Power Windows, but my vote is subject to change. Depending on what the day brings.

Ditto.

Remember the deal? You would team with me on one once counterparts bit the dust? Its time for Clockwork Angels

No but were picking up weaklycriminal on the way

• Like 1

You gotta figure that at least 8 of the votes against CoS last time were actual votes, and not tactical ones like Bowl-City's futile yet entertaining attempt to save Counterparts. If you add in some CP-haters who naturally would go against CoS next and some CA defenders, I suspect it will take at least 16 votes to kill an album not named CoS. I'd prefer it to be HYF or PoW (whatever my contractually obligated voting says), but if it's CA, that is better than killing the beauty of CoS.

But as the anti-hard rock brigade has been caucusing for weeks, I think people who would rather see PoW, HYF or CA go should get together, or concede that the forces of evil are too great in the world to overcome.

17 for CA. Is it enough?

Maybe not. Let's make it 18, just to be safe.
  • Like 1

Ditto.

No but were picking up weaklycriminal on the way

Can you imagine how paranoid he'll be once I get him stoned?

• Like 1

I loved the first CA set. and the 2nd. in nashville, I think me and my friend were the only f***ers there who liked the synth stuff. in atlanta, there was some old lady near us who was into it, that's it.
  • Like 1

I loved the first CA set. and the 2nd. in nashville, I think me and my friend were the only f***ers there who liked the synth stuff. in atlanta, there was some old lady near us who was into it, that's it.

You weren't the only one, I was there at both shows. And no, I wasn't the old lady. :LOL:

• Like 2

Under no circumstances should frigging Territories be played live.

I thought it was one of the low points of the CA tour.

• Like 1