2015 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Giants are enfuego......2 weeks ago they were below or at .500 if I recall

Cubs.....Turn it up, I dont want to have to face MadBum again in a 1 game playoff.........

Cubs.....Turn it up, I dont want to have to face MadBum again in a 1 game playoff.........

We're toast. Wait till 2016.

There are a lot of good pieces. Soler needs to break out, and probably will either later this year or next. I would go after Hamels if I were cubs, they would have him under team control for a few more years, and those years will be in the playoff hunt

With heroics like Bumgraner's 3rd homerun this season, the Giants are looking like they could repeat!

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/25/video-madison-bumgarner-goes-deep-for-his-third-home-run-of-the-season/

There are a lot of good pieces. Soler needs to break out, and probably will either later this year or next. I would go after Hamels if I were cubs, they would have him under team control for a few more years, and those years will be in the playoff hunt

I would be OK with getting Hamels, just not at the cost of a good young prospect. Hamels has a lot of mileage on him. Plus, for Epstein to sign a veteran pitcher to a big money contract, he has to be unable to execute a simple pickoff move.

I would be OK with getting Hamels, just not at the cost of a good young prospect. Hamels has a lot of mileage on him. Plus, for Epstein to sign a veteran pitcher to a big money contract, he has to be unable to execute a simple pickoff move.

Hamels is the polar oppisite to Lester when it comes to pick off moves

What? Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

PS Seriously, you can't give up yet.... it's not even August.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 2

What? Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

For Cubs fans, April is a reasonable month to consider giving up.
  • Like 1

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Unknown-4.jpeg http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Unknown-1_1.jpeg http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Unknown-2_2.jpeg

Three reasons I am looking forward to August!

Unlike the last few years, we actually look good in different areas, and a lot of the problems could just stem from the team being young. Pitching needs work more than anything right now.

Then of course there's the f***ing bullpen.

A's ahead of the Dodgers, but Big Blue is making a comeback. Down 4-6, they've got runners on 2nd and 3rd...

Make that bases loaded with a fluke chalkline-saved infield single. Fun to see my top two teams go at it!

A's ahead of the Dodgers, but Big Blue is making a comeback. Down 4-6, they've got runners on 2nd and 3rd...

Make that bases loaded with a fluke chalkline-saved infield single. Fun to see my top two teams go at it!

2 out rally gets the Dodgers 4 runs...up 8-6. Great game!!!!

10-6 final. Go Blue!
  • Like 1

10-6 final. Go Blue!

I bet the Over on the game, it went up from 7 to 8 after Kershaw was scratched...still a great bet..

Did not expect 16 runs however...Winner

On NEXT season.

On NEXT season.

Red Sox going to go on a diet next year? Shed some of that excess weight. Might be necessary to avoid the cellar for the third time in four years. But at least they're not building for the future or planning anything like that. So when the Phillies make Ruben Amaro available after the season are the Red Sox going to jump at the chance to hire him or are they going to save some money by keeping the Amaro they have?

Oh, I forgot. You're probably pretty proud of those shiny new free agent signings from just a season ago.

On NEXT season.

Red Sox going to go on a diet next year? Shed some of that excess weight. Might be necessary to avoid the cellar for the third time in four years. But at least they're not building for the future or planning anything like that. So when the Phillies make Ruben Amaro available after the season are the Red Sox going to jump at the chance to hire him or are they going to save some money by keeping the Amaro they have?

Oh, I forgot. You're probably pretty proud of those shiny new free agent signings from just a season ago.

Nope. I'm proud that less than 2 years ago the Red Sox won the World Series. Six years removed from their previous World Series title. Itself three years removed from the one before that.

10-6 final. Go Blue!

I bet the Over on the game, it went up from 7 to 8 after Kershaw was scratched...still a great bet..

Did not expect 16 runs however...Winner

Sweet!

http://youtu.be/aroZsfJQwQo

A brilliant summary of the 2015 Red Sox season.

How was the 2014 Cubs' season? 2013? 2012? . . .

. . . 1909?

I guess when the past is all you've got...