Rush Albums You Never Listen To

Lorraine

68 members have voted

1. 1. What Rush album(s) do you never listen to?

I rarely choose to listen to the following entire albums:

Rush

Power Windows

Counterparts

Feedback

S&A

However, I actually like most of the songs on Rush and Feedback, so those two I listen to more on playlists. PoW and S&A each have a few great songs, so Counterparts gets the fewest listens for me.

Vapor Trails is the only one that I really can't stand the sound of. Even the remix is annoying with that bass drum slapping like a running fat lady's boobs.
  • Like 3

Vapor Trails is the only one that I really can't stand the sound of. Even the remix is annoying with that bass drum slapping like a running fat lady's boobs.

Liked for the analogy. I like the album, but that made me lose it :laughing guy:

It's strange to see so much dislike for Counterparts.

Probably their most underrated album.

By the band, too. They NEVER play shit off that album live!

Too bad.

I agree it is underrated. A blast to listen to :haz:

They represent it fairly well. They played 2 songs off of it on the Time Machine Tour, and I expect we might get at least one song this tour. Crossing fingers for Cut To The Chase.

• Like 1

:rfl: ..... Needed that :rose:
  • Like 1

Caress the Eel, Roll the Boner and Hold Your Nose.

I actually use Feedback to warmup on some simple songs on guitar.

:unsure: If you are Spaghetti, post one of your famous cards! :cool:

:popcorn: :unsure: ....
  • Like 2

Feedback sucks big time. I listened to it ONCE and put it away for good.

As for the rest, I've found that all of the albums post-Test for Echo are fatiguing to listen to, so even when I try 'em out again, I can only stand a few songs before I find I have to turn 'em off.

They need to go back to instrument separation, crisp production, and melody again.

Liked for the analogy. I like the album, but that made me lose it :laughing guy:

It's strange to see so much dislike for Counterparts.

Probably their most underrated album.

By the band, too. They NEVER play shit off that album live!

Too bad.

I agree it is underrated. A blast to listen to :haz:

They represent it fairly well. They played 2 songs off of it on the Time Machine Tour, and I expect we might get at least one song this tour. Crossing fingers for Cut To The Chase.

CTTC would be epic live, yes. :)

C'mon people...Animate, Cut To The Chase, Between Sun And Moon, Double Agent, Cold Fire. That is good quality suff and arguably one of the best productions of the Rush catalog.(drum sound is sooo good)

all songs.....save for Animate....... to trigger the gag reflex, lol

Great production. But wasted on sub-par material. IMO.

Mick

• Like 1

C'mon people...Animate, Cut To The Chase, Between Sun And Moon, Double Agent, Cold Fire. That is good quality suff and arguably one of the best productions of the Rush catalog.(drum sound is sooo good)

Yep, I don't get it. The anti-love for the debut and Counterparts is pretty odd.

Caress the Eel, Roll the Boner and Hold Your Nose.

I actually use Feedback to warmup on some simple songs on guitar.

:unsure: If you are Spaghetti, post one of your famous cards! :cool:

ok seriously....who the F is Spaghetti?

I'm more of a pizza guy.

I actually think Counterparts is a great album in its own right.Cold Fire is one of my favourite songs, and I adore Everyday Glory.

There is nothing on this album I dislike. Its actually really strong, but not very distinctive. Aside from Geddy, much like Presto (another album I love), the songs could be any number of bands.