The "I Hate Facebook" Thread

ThatLightInYourEyes

Please join the official TRF FB group:

https://www.facebook...s/118918715244/

This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Edited by Chronos

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Yep

I hate the fact that it exists, honestly. I don't have an account there and I don't want to have one, but in a lot of cases, it seems to have become some people's (and even some organizations') primary mode of communication.

For example, when it comes to my sons' school- I should be entitled to the same information that all other parents get, even though I'm not on Facebook. I don't have specific example to give off the top of my head, but I've had conversations with some other parents who seem to have more details about things than I do, and when I can't help but make it obvious that I don't know what they're talking about, they'll say, "Aren't you on Facebook?" And when I tell them I'm not, I will invariably get a response like, "Oh, see, that's why you don't know." It just pisses me off.

My sister had a Facebook page. Or I should say she still has one- even though she's been dead for five and a half years. It's still active. And that's just not right. With all of the information they collect about people, they ought to be able to erase somebody's page when that person has been dead for a matter of years.

Yeah...consider all of this to be a sore spot with me, I guess.

It is possible to delete it, but I'm not sure how. My dad's profile got deleted soon after his death.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your father, Analog.

• Like 1

Yep

I can see the page.

I hate the fact that it exists, honestly. I don't have an account there and I don't want to have one, but in a lot of cases, it seems to have become some people's (and even some organizations') primary mode of communication.

For example, when it comes to my sons' school- I should be entitled to the same information that all other parents get, even though I'm not on Facebook. I don't have specific example to give off the top of my head, but I've had conversations with some other parents who seem to have more details about things than I do, and when I can't help but make it obvious that I don't know what they're talking about, they'll say, "Aren't you on Facebook?" And when I tell them I'm not, I will invariably get a response like, "Oh, see, that's why you don't know." It just pisses me off.

My sister had a Facebook page. Or I should say she still has one- even though she's been dead for five and a half years. It's still active. And that's just not right. With all of the information they collect about people, they ought to be able to erase somebody's page when that person has been dead for a matter of years.

Yeah...consider all of this to be a sore spot with me, I guess.

It is possible to delete it, but I'm not sure how. My dad's profile got deleted soon after his death.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your father, Analog.

Thank you :). It's almost two years ago now.

Yep

I can see the page.

You are special..... :rose:

When Facebook started out, it was fun. There were cheesy little things you could add to your page, it was a very personalized and (I think) user-friendly experience.

Now, I feel like it's a sign of things to come in our society. But that is my conspiracy theory.

Now we have to only add people we "know", categorize them, and let the NSA see what we say to them. Nothing is really personalized anymore in a fun way but they want to know what we watch on tv, how many years we worked at each job, what we did exactly, who on our list we worked with. When we add friends they want us to answer a poll stating how close we really are to the new person on our list.

It's become Creeperbook. I can't wait for the day it goes the direction of MySpace when nobody gives a shit about it anymore.

• Like 4

Yep

I can see the page.

You are special..... :rose:

Thanks..! :blush:

i wished Colin a Happy Birthday ! What a great thing to do for Colin. I think anyhow. :rose: Thanks for sharing Barney.

Wonder if Colin is a RUSH FAN?

I've no idea who 'Colin' is, but Happy Birthday to him too.! :D

When Facebook started out, it was fun. There were cheesy little things you could add to your page, it was a very personalized and (I think) user-friendly experience.

Now, I feel like it's a sign of things to come in our society. But that is my conspiracy theory.

Now we have to only add people we "know", categorize them, and let the NSA see what we say to them. Nothing is really personalized anymore in a fun way but they want to know what we watch on tv, how many years we worked at each job, what we did exactly, who on our list we worked with. When we add friends they want us to answer a poll stating how close we really are to the new person on our list.

It's become Creeperbook. I can't wait for the day it goes the direction of MySpace when nobody gives a shit about it anymore.

I never knew what it was like when FB started out 10 years ago, and I've only had an account for the last 2 years, 3 in September.

I hate that I spend so much time there.

But I like how it keeps me in touch with friends I don't see that often.

There's a reason you don't see them often.

Yes, and that reason is usually we live too far from one another.

I'm not friends (FB or otherwise) with people I do not like.

Yeah, how much do stamps cost these days?

Are you suggesting that people write? On paper? :wacko:

Are you suggesting that people write? On paper? :wacko:

No. Papyrus mebbe.