Caffeine Use Disorder?

I love caffeine. I'm particularly a Mountain Dewaholic. I love coffee too especially with lots of cream. I'm a regular customer at Starbucks. My favorites being white chocolate mocha and during the holidays I adore the pumpkin spice latte.

Are you one of those people that practically has their drink made by the time you walk up to order and pay?

Nah, I hit a multitude of different places so I don't get too well-known at any particular one. :LOL:

And yet you can find dozens of articles on how good coffee is for your health.

I have taken steps to see how far I can extend my use of coffee. Today I gently heated some cream with coffee beans, which is now sitting in the refrigerator to settle. Will make a desert tomorrow with layers of crushed Ladyfingers lightly soaked in Grand Marnier, strawberries and raspberries and topped with coffee infused whipped cream and Mascarpone cheese with a bit of vanilla and rum extract. :drool:

Will look something like this

http://saesonforgodsmag.dk/sites/default/files/recipes/images/jordbaertrifli_old_school.jpg

Hubba! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

• Like 1

I rather like not having a caffeine addiction. I feel sorry for people who can't do anything until they have their coffee.

Is it okay if i hate you right now? :sarcastic:

That's just the coffee talking, don't trust it :coy:

I rather like not having a caffeine addiction. I feel sorry for people who can't do anything until they have their coffee.

Is it okay if i hate you right now? :sarcastic:

That's just the coffee talking, don't trust it :coy:

COME OVER HERE AND STOP ME! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :bang bang:

• Like 1

And yet you can find dozens of articles on how good coffee is for your health.

I have taken steps to see how far I can extend my use of coffee. Today I gently heated some cream with coffee beans, which is now sitting in the refrigerator to settle. Will make a desert tomorrow with layers of crushed Ladyfingers lightly soaked in Grand Marnier, strawberries and raspberries and topped with coffee infused whipped cream and Mascarpone cheese with a bit of vanilla and rum extract. :drool:

Will look something like this

http://saesonforgodsmag.dk/sites/default/files/recipes/images/jordbaertrifli_old_school.jpg

Hubba! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Recipe coming soon ;)

I love caffeine. I'm particularly a Mountain Dewaholic. I love coffee too especially with lots of cream. I'm a regular customer at Starbucks. My favorites being white chocolate mocha and during the holidays I adore the pumpkin spice latte.

Are you one of those people that practically has their drink made by the time you walk up to order and pay?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/shameful.gif

Guilty. I'm one of those. There's a Norm-from-Cheers kind of reaction when I walk in.

I clearly go too much.

• Like 4

A Dessert That Goes Well With Coffee:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7376/12309646384_78c161ec44_n.jpg

The Coffee Cream:

50% cream and 50% Mascarpone cheese.

Take the cream and gently heat it. Throw a hand-fuld coffee beans in and heat it up. Be careful not to let it boil. Take it off the stove and put it in the fridge and wait for the next day.

Next day you strain the cream and whip it. Add a few drops of rum and vanilla extracts and some icing sugar - don't be afraid to make it too sweet at this point. Whip it 'til it's soft yet firm, but not too firm. You'll be mixing it with mascarpone cheese and it can get way to firm. Think creamy substance.

The Rest:

Take some berries of your choice and either use them fresh, or cook them to a purée. Now take a big glass or something transparent and layer it with the fruit, crushed macaroons or Ladyfingers, coffee cream and in the picture above I have added apple purée.

Repeat all steps and thank yourself that you have yet another portion afterwards :drool: .

• Like 4

I drink a can of diet coke two hours before I wake up every day.

You read that right. I wake up at 5:00-5:30am, shower and drink a can of diet coke, get back in by 6:00am then sleep until 8:00am. Don't know why I do things this way, I just do. Have for a long time.

• Like 1

You read that right. I wake up at 5:00-5:30am, shower and drink a can of diet coke, get back in by 6:00am then sleep until 8:00am. Don't know why I do things this way, I just do. Have for a long time.

I would consider that an eccentricity. Sounds more noble than habit or weirdness...... :)

Guilty. I'm one of those. There's a Norm-from-Cheers kind of reaction when I walk in.

I clearly go too much.

I'm surprised that someone who knows as much about coffee as you do would drink that burnt overpriced swill from Starbucks. Not that good coffee doesn't cost a bit more, but at Starbucks you're paying a lot for the hype.

I can actually imagine how that must be a pleasant way of waking up.

I clearly go too much.

I'm surprised that someone who knows as much about coffee as you do would drink that burnt overpriced swill from Starbucks. Not that good coffee doesn't cost a bit more, but at Starbucks you're paying a lot for the hype.

I'm used to the taste. I've been living in Seattle and drinking Starbucks since 1994. It always comes down to having baristas know what they're doing. Many times, they don't know and now so many of the machines they use in their stores are completely automatic. You still need to constantly time your shots (or at least watch them) and make adjustments. I always order shots over ice. That way, if it's bad, I just suck it down fast! That's for when I just need to get caffeine into my system. If I'm going to meet someone for coffee and know that we're going to be there a while, I never go to Starbucks. I always go to a nice café and get a hot drink.
  • Like 2

What's the most coffee you've had in one go? Me it was 2.5 to 3 liters and 48 hours with no sleep and then I felt like standing besides myself :oops:

The most caffeine i had in 24 hours was 3 cups in the morning, 1 large cup in the afternoon, 5 cups at night (I had an early flight) and a can of Monster at the airport waiting for my connection flight. Needless to say i didn't sleep. :LOL:

That is the most effed up morning routine I have ever heard of. How exactly did you start doing that?

By the way. I love the way coffee tastes. I drink a couple of cups a day.

That is the most effed up morning routine I have ever heard of. How exactly did you start doing that?

By the way. I love the way coffee tastes. I drink a couple of cups a day.

That is seriously jacked.

I've actually been cutting back on my caffeine... I think I'm doing a lot better. I've cut back to 2 cups of coffee in the morning only. I gave up my afternoon caffeine fix and I think I'm doing ok. Getting to bed a lot earlier too.
  • Like 1

I've been trying to wean myself off of it by going from Mountain Dew to coffee to sweet tea and that's where I'm at now.

I noticed that at some point, if I happen to wake up (like to use the bathroom) a few hours before I need to get up for work, that when I go back to sleep for that last couple hours, I dream really intensely and I sleep really deeply and I wake up more refreshed than I do otherwise... So I started to do it intentionally.

After a good deal of time doing this, I realized that if I give myself just a little shot of caffeine (like a half a can of diet coke) before that second sleep, I wake up totally alert and ready to hit the ground running and usually drink the second half as soon as I do.

I swear by the routine. It makes me feel like I'm getting a lot more out of a night's sleep.

• Like 1

I noticed that at some point, if I happen to wake up (like to use the bathroom) a few hours before I need to get up for work, that when I go back to sleep for that last couple hours, I dream really intensely and I sleep really deeply and I wake up more refreshed than I do otherwise... So I started to do it intentionally.

After a good deal of time doing this, I realized that if I give myself just a little shot of caffeine (like a half a can of diet coke) before that second sleep, I wake up totally alert and ready to hit the ground running and usually drink the second half as soon as I do.

I swear by the routine. It makes me feel like I'm getting a lot more out of a night's sleep.

I love to wake up early before everyone else, and just turn on the radio and drink a cup of coffee. I'm slow to wake up and get moving, so I need to start in advance. Lately I'm been awake all night and sleeping half the day away.

When I get my rhythm back to normal I think I will try your routine. It's sounds fun :)