Need to let some steam out? Do it here!

The Analog Grownup

Look, my brain is FRIED right now. I left the office at 11 am when the "light snow showers" that were predicted started looking far more ominous. Add temps dropping through the 20s and it was disaster.

I have a 13 mile commute, against heavy traffic.

I got home at 5:30.

At about 3 o'clock, I peed on an overpass. In my coffee mug. It is a 64 ounce mug so nice and wide and plenty of room, but still. People, I took a whiz in the middle of gridlocked traffic IN MY GODDAM COFFEE MUG.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/LOLlapalooza/guy-fieri-gif_zpsf9558750.gif

Well now I know what made me laugh today!

• Like 1

People and their dang texting. You got to text nowadays if you want to have a conversation. Everywhere I turn, people are texting, want to text, need to text. It's crazy. Every single person texts. Except me. And when I tell people I can't text and don't use my cell phone they look at me like, "You do know that we've also invented the wheel and fire?"

So....

Late this morning...

I purchased an iPhone 5S. A little silver number. She's a pretty little thing.

Now, who do I text first?

And so it begins.

Yep. Pretty soon she won't be able to stop. Happened to me with my phone and this f**king lap top.....

Why do people on Facebook feel the need to update us on every little thing their doing during a day?! "I ate this, I washed this, I watched this, I changed my Babies nappy it ponged..." - WOW i'm so very interested, please continue...

Yep! :cheers:

Why do people on Facebook feel the need to update us on every little thing their doing during a day?! "I ate this, I washed this, I watched this, I changed my Babies nappy it ponged..." - WOW i'm so very interested, please continue...

Some people need to keep a private diary instead. Amazing what people disclose about themselves. I must admit that I'm on Facebook, but I try to keep a healthy distance. I rarely write and when I do I try to turn things around. Think I'll start posting when nothing at all happens.

And what's with all the pictures of girls/women looking like dolls on speed?

This too.

I'm on Facebook too, but I don't post much in the way of statuses.... I usually just like and share things others have posted.

People and their dang texting. You got to text nowadays if you want to have a conversation. Everywhere I turn, people are texting, want to text, need to text. It's crazy. Every single person texts. Except me. And when I tell people I can't text and don't use my cell phone they look at me like, "You do know that we've also invented the wheel and fire?"

So....

Late this morning...

Ooh me! :hi:

So....

Late this morning...

And so it begins.

Janie in six months:

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj488/catanstrophe/iphone-addict.jpg

• Like 4

So....

Late this morning...

And so it begins.

Janie in six months:

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj488/catanstrophe/iphone-addict.jpg

Oh man, I can't lie, this is a fun little gadget. I still don't see the fascination with texting though.

However, first text sent, first app downloaded (Starbucks, tyvm!).

My wife keeps telling me to get Facebook, but I told her, "no." As critical as I am of the government, black suburbans would be rolling up to our home within a week. Plus, she and her family would know all my political views, whereupon I'd catch hell, since they're all pro military.
  • Like 2

Pppppfffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttt!!!

Sorry. the child in me couldn't resist... :LOL:

• Like 3

STOP USING "AWE" WHEN YOU REALLY MEAN "AWW" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/domokun6ip.gif

• Like 3

I LOVE it when people suddenly decide it's not OK to be open about certain things anymore. All I did was merely bring up something we have talked about numerous times before, and you'd think I just admitted to being a serial killer.

What in the hell is the deal with all of the safety seals on every damn thing? Even toothpaste; I mean, wtf? If someone wants to contaminate toothpaste, they're going to have to get through the box and at that point the tube is not exactly impregnable. That stupid little foil seal they put over the top isn't going to stop anyone from doing anything nefarious. All it does is piss off people like me when it breaks as I am trying to remove it, and it ALWAYS breaks. Same with the one on the stupid salad dressing. There's that little pull tab thingy that's supposed to pull the safety seal right off. It does not. Without fail it separates neatly from the rest of the unit, necessitating a knife or scissors to finish the job.
  • Like 5

Look, my brain is FRIED right now. I left the office at 11 am when the "light snow showers" that were predicted started looking far more ominous. Add temps dropping through the 20s and it was disaster.

I have a 13 mile commute, against heavy traffic.

I got home at 5:30.

At about 3 o'clock, I peed on an overpass. In my coffee mug. It is a 64 ounce mug so nice and wide and plenty of room, but still. People, I took a whiz in the middle of gridlocked traffic IN MY GODDAM COFFEE MUG.

Hey man, one time I had to whiz in the middle of the smoky mountains while our car broke down. we were stranded for 4 hours and all I had was a clump of thorny bushes and flimsy trees, and on either side were 4 lanes of busy highway. 'Twas a fun pee adventure LOL

That totally sucks, I know how it is lol >.<

What in the hell is the deal with all of the safety seals on every damn thing?

http://en.wikipedia....Tylenol_murders

Remember that well... The loonies make life harder and more inconvenient for the rest of us.....

Oh I know. Every time I struggle to open some stupid safety seal, I can be heard muttering, "I HATE that asshole who poisoned Extra-Strength Tylenol!" It's all his fault.

What in the hell is the deal with all of the safety seals on every damn thing?

http://en.wikipedia....Tylenol_murders

Remember that well... The loonies make life harder and more inconvenient for the rest of us.....

Oh I know. Every time I struggle to open some stupid safety seal, I can be heard muttering, "I HATE that asshole who poisoned Extra-Strength Tylenol!" It's all his fault.

Rat Bastards.... :rage:

This is really a minor thing, but...auto-correct. What the hell? I guess it's what I get for using an iPad. Makes us look like we don't know what proper syntax is.

Ever send an email or a private message to somebody and it totally chops up what you're trying to write? SO annoying!

All right...that's about as close as I come to a rant right now.

This is really a minor thing, but...auto-correct. What the hell? I guess it's what I get for using an iPad. Makes us look like we don't know what proper syntax is.

Ever send an email or a private message to somebody and it totally chops up what you're trying to write? SO annoying!

Yes I know exactly what you mean!

I had to turn it off on my tablet because every now and then, if I wasn't keeping an eye on it, when typing a long piece, the cursor would jump up to a few lines above and insert what I was typing there instead!

WTF????

Yes I know exactly what you mean!

I had to turn it off on my tablet because every now and then, if I wasn't keeping an eye on it, when typing a long piece, the cursor would jump up to a few lines above and insert what I was typing there instead!

WTF????

I had a really bad auto-correct a while ago... I texted another coach to ask him if he was here... but I accidentally typed "hete" instead of "here" and the stupid Android phone I was using changed that to "heterosexual". So I sent him a message that said "are you heterosexual?" His reply was "sorry to disappoint you, but yes I am. You work with my wife" :LMAO:
  • Like 4