Taking Away All That Is Sacred

Tick

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 26 2011, 10:21 AM)
I take it that Can Utility got canned? He spends too much time in his mother's basement.

Yeah, but I guess that's far more productive than working at Lowe's atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 26 2011, 09:25 AM)
I take it that Can Utility got canned? He spends too much time in his mother's basement.

Yeah, but I guess that's far more productive than working at Lowe's atickhum.gif

why work when your parents can pay your way?

What totally creeped me out was how he targeted Nate and Tommy, following them around the board to pick on a couple of - what - 13 year-olds? Classy. IMO, it was a very mild form of cyber-bullying but it said a lot about the kind of person TJ is. (I just now learned he's the infamous Tidewater).

I can't help but think he's a bit of a social outcast in real life, so he uses the web to make himself look self-assured and confident. Unfortunately for him that's not the perception he achieves.

QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 25 2011, 08:41 AM)
The funniest part is, most of these 'deals' that people will hurt each other over trying to get first aren't really deals at all. Many of these items are the same prices as they were two weeks ago before they were marked up 40% then slapped with a Black-Friday sale sticker for the same price it was in early November.

THANK YOU!

I went to the mall early Friday morning to have portraits done of my youngest. (I don't know what I was thinking when I made this appt.) People were everywhere and the deals were nothing stellar. I was walking by signs that read, "Save $5!" Really? I don't see what the appeal is but a good friend of mine lives for this day. Her face lights up in a way I've never seen. For her, it has always been a tradition. She will be out all day and does get all of her shopping done.

I feel like I should give her my shopping list but I fear she would explode from joy overload.

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 26 2011, 10:44 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 25 2011, 08:41 AM)
The funniest part is, most of these 'deals' that people will hurt each other over trying to get first aren't really deals at all.  Many of these items are the same prices as they were two weeks ago before they were marked up 40% then slapped with a Black-Friday sale sticker for the same price it was in early November.

THANK YOU!

I went to the mall early Friday morning to have portraits done of my youngest. (I don't know what I was thinking when I made this appt.) People were everywhere and the deals were nothing stellar. I was walking by signs that read, "Save $5!" Really? I don't see what the appeal is but a good friend of mine lives for this day. Her face lights up in a way I've never seen. For her, it has always been a tradition. She will be out all day and does get all of her shopping done.

I feel like I should give her my shopping list but I fear she would explode from joy overload.

People are f-cking idiots. Its a disease, I do believe they get a surge of dopamine by feeling like they got a deal - like sex, food, or opiates. WHy else act like this!?!?!?!!!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 26 2011, 03:29 AM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Nov 26 2011, 02:18 AM)
rofl3.gif

You're a good guy, Fledge, but you have a habit of following the guys who end up with wearing the dunce caps; guys who seem to define success as "going out with a bang." That's fine, if that's what you're into. I just find it curious.

You don't find it the least bit entertaining? If we didn't have people like that I would get bored very quickly; it's the reason I lamented the loss of sonictheplumber. I have always opposed kicking members off the board in the short time I've been here.

I have this one friend who is one of the biggest assholes I know. He's not mean, he just messes with everybody equally. I laugh harder at his antics than at anything else. Even when it's at my expense, I understand it's just who he is, and that it's 'my turn', so to speak. And yet, nobody hates him for it. He has plenty of friends and even when he isn't invited to stuff he just doesn't care. He's probably the most self-confident guy I know, and if he were on this board he would be doing the same stuff that can, sonic, cosy, and all the other trolls have done.

And I would be laughing my head off.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Nov 27 2011, 01:14 AM)
rofl3.gif

You're a good guy, Fledge, but you have a habit of following the guys who end up with wearing the dunce caps; guys who seem to define success as "going out with a bang." That's fine, if that's what you're into. I just find it curious.

You don't find it the least bit entertaining? If we didn't have people like that I would get bored very quickly; it's the reason I lamented the loss of sonictheplumber. I have always opposed kicking members off the board in the short time I've been here.

We're pretty lenient towards such people, giving them plenty of chances to curb such annoying behavior. In the rare event that we have to ban them, we often give them another chance if they should join with a new account. In a few cases, more than one.

Tide/Can had a history of disrespecting other members. Towards the end of both of his runs, that became his reason for being here, and it was for his own entertainment. We're not into that.

If our 7+ year-old policy about such assholes "bores" you, and if you "oppose" such a policy, well, you'll just have to find a way to deal with that. smile.gif

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Nov 27 2011, 02:14 AM)
rofl3.gif

I have this one friend who is one of the biggest assholes I know. He's not mean, he just messes with everybody equally. I laugh harder at his antics than at anything else. Even when it's at my expense, I understand it's just who he is, and that it's 'my turn', so to speak. And yet, nobody hates him for it. He has plenty of friends and even when he isn't invited to stuff he just doesn't care. He's probably the most self-confident guy I know, and if he were on this board he would be doing the same stuff that can, sonic, cosy, and all the other trolls have done.

And I would be laughing my head off.

If someone like Can Utility disrespected to my face like he did here he would be missing teeth. True story.

I don't mind if someone disagrees with me but he is just an asshole looking for attention.

Numbers are way up - 16% higher this year, and the average person spending $60 more this year.

They are saying the early start helped it out, and because of this - will almost certainly be back next year, if not earlier.... doh.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Nov 28 2011, 10:30 AM)
Numbers are way up - 16% higher this year, and the average person spending $60 more this year.

They are saying the early start helped it out, and because of this - will almost certainly be back next year, if not earlier.... doh.gif

It seems to have become a holiday in and of itself. National Greed Day.

My wife did it this year. Her and her best friend left at 400am ohmy.gif She got home at 1030am and saved about $500 653.gif The Kids and our parents are done . I do know for a fact that if we lived in the City, no way in hell does she do it. Crowds are a lot smaller where we live

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 27 2011, 08:00 AM)
...if someone like Can Utility disrespected to my face like he did here he would be missing teeth. True story...

there you go... physical violence solves everything!

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Nov 28 2011, 12:45 PM)
...if someone like Can Utility disrespected to my face like he did here he would be missing teeth. True story...

Nope, but just like being a pedantic little twit - it has it's time and place.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Nov 28 2011, 10:17 AM)
I guess this discussion can still continue since today is...

'Cyber Monday'

All the 'fun' and 'deals' of Black Friday, without all the long lineups, flying elbows, tramplings, and pepper spray!!

wink.gif

Instead, you have to deal with server crashes everywhere. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Nov 28 2011, 03:12 PM)

trink39.gif

It doesn't solve everything...but if someone were to talk to me, in person, like Can did to Tick, I guaranty that they would be picking themselves off of the ground...and it doesn't take too many episodes like that before people realize that you are not one to be messed with. bitchslap.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Nov 29 2011, 01:24 PM)

It doesn't solve everything...but if someone were to talk to me, in person, like Can did to Tick, I guaranty that they would be picking themselves off of the ground...and it doesn't take too many episodes like that before people realize that you are not one to be messed with. bitchslap.gif

Damn skippy

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 28 2011, 07:51 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Nov 28 2011, 03:12 PM)

trink39.gif

oops.gif

you're both confusing 'little twit' with 'know-it-all'

('pedantic' I'll capitulate to)

sure seems like you've got an enlightened and sophisticated approach to making sure you don't get 'messed with'!

punching!

awesome, dude! trink38.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Nov 29 2011, 03:56 PM)

sure seems like you've got an enlightened and sophisticated approach to making sure you don't get 'messed with'!

punching!

awesome, dude! trink38.gif

The bottom line is can was an asshole. Forget the violence for a second. He had no respect for anyone. That kind of behavior will get you in trouble in real life, and yes, probably a few beatings as well.