What's For Dinner?

The Owl

My wife surprised me with Roast Beef tonight. We've been cutting back on beef last couple of years...last time I had a steak was about a month ago. So this was nice treat.

I made gumbo for a get together last night. Cajun-grilled chicken, shrimp, fish and spicy sausage were on the side with the rice so folks could build their own dish.

It turned out great and got us in the mood for the last of the summer concerts, which featured a Cajun-influenced band. :)

That sounds really good.

• Like 1

I made gumbo for a get together last night. Cajun-grilled chicken, shrimp, fish and spicy sausage were on the side with the rice so folks could build their own dish.

It turned out great and got us in the mood for the last of the summer concerts, which featured a Cajun-influenced band. :)

That sounds really good.

It was!

It was going to be chicken caesar salad, but my wife came home with Papa John's pizza. Pepperoni, and I added extra mozzarella.

ETA: I'll turn the chicken into Asian stir fry tomorrow.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

I had half an apple, vanilla yogurt, finished up my butterscotch pudding and put a whole bunch of different types of granola over the whole thing but forgot the whipped cream.

It was good anyway.

Ditto but I remembered the whipped cream today. :)