Will there be a "Time Machine" Blu-Ray?

shaun3701

Good lord. Some people have to know everything right away! laugh.gif I'm sure there will be, but don't count on it until (best guess) 2012. Maybe, depending on how the 2011 tour is scheduled, late 2011 in time for Christmas.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 8 2010, 03:44 PM)
Good lord. Some people have to know everything right away! laugh.gif I'm sure there will be, but don't count on it until (best guess) 2012. Maybe, depending on how the 2011 tour is scheduled, late 2011 in time for Christmas.

Someone start a "dream setlist for 2011" thread...

I'm just wondering if they're going to film anything from the 2010 tour... and if the 2011 tour will be relatively similar or completely different from this one.

I want them to continue to film as much as they can but to ask what city they're going to film and how the setlist in 2011 will be different than this year is just asking people to have a crystal ball. How do you expect anyone to know that? Rush doesn't even know that yet.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 8 2010, 03:57 PM)
I want them to continue to film as much as they can but to ask what city they're going to film and how the setlist in 2011 will be different than this year is just asking people to have a crystal ball. How do you expect anyone to know that? Rush doesn't even know that yet.

well you never know, someone from the Rush camp with inside knowledge could be lurking around tongue.gif

Seriously though, I guess I'm just thinking out loud.

I certainly hope so. I'd love a blu-ray of every tour. I'm thinking there may be some major differences between this tour & the 2011 tour. The '11 tour will most likely be more focused on the new album's material (a la S & A), whereas this tour my be a good excuse to focus on the back catalog with just a hint of the new stuff. That would justify filming both tours. Won't know until we start seeing complete set lists, though.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Apr 8 2010, 04:58 PM)

well you never know, someone from the Rush camp with inside knowledge could be lurking around tongue.gif

Seriously though, I guess I'm just thinking out loud.

Nothing wrong with that! I suspect they'll film both legs. So far we've heard that only 2 new songs will debut on the 2010 tour. I'm sure they'll want much of the new material on a DVD/Blu-ray, so expect 2011 footage as well.

Because Moving Pictures will be played in it's entirety, you can count on it being one of their most anticipated tours. Of course they're going to film it. By the time it hits the shelves, there will probably be 3D versions available. I'd bet my Rush bobbleheads on that.

QUOTE (RushNut @ Apr 8 2010, 03:36 PM)
Of course there will.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bingo

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 9 2010, 07:01 AM)
Of course there will.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bingo

As long as there are people buying them, there will be a DVD of every tour.

Big money goes around the world...

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Apr 8 2010, 03:58 PM)

Isn't there always? But of course, we can't name names.... wink.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 9 2010, 02:18 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 9 2010, 07:01 AM)
Of course there will.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bingo

As long as there are people buying them, there will be a DVD of every tour.

Big money goes around the world...

Well, Big Money goes to the US and Canada - not quite around the world, but I know what you mean ..

It's probably already been recorded anyway

smile.gif

Edited by StuartBruce