What's the most overrated Rush song

drewb93

Why was everyone so keen on hearing Jacob's Ladder until they finally played it on R40? I mean, nice song but seems a bit unremarkable to me. So I guess that makes it overrated in my eyes.

Ged said the same thing. He wasn't keen on reviving it. That was one of Alex's babies.

I play almost the whole song on guitar, and it's really, really fun to jam on (though the tempo feels a little sludgy to me today).

In other words, like a lot of prog, it's more fun to play than to listen to.

With the light show and all, it turned out to be a highlight of the R40 show for many, many fans.
  • Like 1

Available Light.

Why is everyone drooling over this song?

Everyone considers this to be the late 80's Xanadu or 2112.

Who in their right mind says that? Available Light isnt bad but I never hear anyone mention it

I like that song, but lots of people say it's one of their best. You have to deeply search for it.

If you have to “deeply search for it” then it means that everyone does NOT drool over it. Not even that many drool over it if you have to search for it.

I meant that you gotta look for topics about the song, Presto, etc.

I've looked up lots of lists of people's favorite Rush songs. Available Light is there quite a lot

Ahhh...I see.

To support your thought, I like it a lot and put it at #2 or #3 off Presto behind The Pass and maybe the title track.

Available Light.

Who in their right mind says that? Available Light isnt bad but I never hear anyone mention it

I like that song, but lots of people say it's one of their best. You have to deeply search for it.

If you have to “deeply search for it” then it means that everyone does NOT drool over it. Not even that many drool over it if you have to search for it.

I've looked up lots of lists of people's favorite Rush songs. Available Light is there quite a lot

Ahhh...I see.

To support your thought, I like it a lot and put it at #2 or #3 off Presto behind The Pass and maybe the title track.

Look at the Presto poll in Totem Polls, which songs are the top 3 voted?

Available Light.

Ahhh...I see.

Top 3 off Presto still doesn’t equate to “everyone drooling over it” imho. And that’s even coming from me who likes it a lot.

Far Cry is probably the most liked song off Snakes but I wouldn’t equate that to “everyone drooling over it”.

Anyway, moving on. :hail:

Available Light.

Ahhh...I see.

Top 3 off Presto still doesn’t equate to “everyone drooling over it” imho. And that’s even coming from me who likes it a lot.

Far Cry is probably the most liked song off Snakes but I wouldn’t equate that to “everyone drooling over it”.

Anyway, moving on. :hail:

I'll now admit, "drooling over it" is kind of an over-exaggeration there. But to be honest, I can at least say that Available Light is an overrated song when talking about the album, mostly when comparing to other songs (more specifically, ranking).

the overture? maybe...

TAKE THAT BACK, YOU HEATHEN

2112 Overture is a gift to rock guitarists and drummers everywhere... best soundcheck tune EVER.

• Like 3

the overture? maybe...

2112 Overture is a gift to rock guitarists and drummers everywhere... best soundcheck tune EVER.

It's a gift to all of humanity.

• Like 5

the overture? maybe...

For RUSH so loved the world, they gave their greatest epic...
  • Like 4

the overture? maybe...

It's ironic this is in the thread about overrated Rush songs...

the overture? maybe...

Ironic or appropriate?
  • Like 1

I honestly don't know why lots of people say Xanadu is the best Rush song. Sure, Top 20... 25? But the best? Don't see it.

I agree with you.

:o Le gasp!

I've seen a topic on what's the most underrated Rush song; what do you think is the most overrated Rush song?

Huckleberry Finn

the overture? maybe...

Ironic or appropriate?

Lorraine came in here saying 2112 was overrated, and everyone else came in losing their shit about how amazing they think it is. Super ironic.

• Like 1

the overture? maybe...

Ironic or appropriate?

Lorraine came in here saying 2112 was overrated, and everyone else came in losing their shit about how amazing they think it is. Super ironic.

LMAO right?

I still think that Hemisheres and Red Barchetta are overrated Rush songs. They are good, but not as great as many people think.

Hemisheres? Never heard that song imma look it up

I still think that Hemisheres and Red Barchetta are overrated Rush songs. They are good, but not as great as many people think.

Hemisheres? Never heard that song imma look it up

Are you kidding?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfloBf5yLi8

yes, I've heard Hemispheres, but not Hemisheres :)

I like f**king around with you :laughing guy: