What's the most overrated Rush song

drewb93

Witchhunt - cheesy riff and lyrics.

I think the lyrics are great. When the song was first released an informed source (another teenager) told me the song was about the Moral Majority.

Let's not forget that it's part 3 of the Fear Trilogy, an examination of different aspects of fear. (Until Freeze was released on VT. Then I guess it became part 3 of the Fear Tetralogy.)

One of the coolest things about the Grace Under Pressure tour in 1984 was when Rush started playing "The Enemy Within," a murmur went through the crowd. Fear! fear, fear, fear ...

At risk of being banished to the land of the Necromancer, but Xanadu for me. I don`t understand what everyone loves so much. I`ve tried to "get it" because I figure it`ll register as the epic the loud majority tells me it is, but I just feel deflated by the thing. Certainly I prefer Neil`s own lyrics and thoughts, rather than those of Samuel Taylor Coleridge. Maybe that`s why.

Exactly. I think people only love this song much because of the "dee doo dee doo dee doo dee doo" *crash* "dee doo dee doo dee doo dee doo

You think that’s the only reason?! Is this hi_water hyperbole again?

Obviously, the reasons why people like it vary. <——this is not hyperbole.

I was trolling again. My apologies m8 :\
  • Like 1

2112. Sorry, but someone had to say it. :16ton:

The last man to say that was taken out of this joint feetfirst. ;-)

Hahahaha, yeah I had a feeling it could get a bit rough for me here ;) "2112" rocks, especially whenever they did it live. But as far as being some kind of uber impressive prog rock masterpiece, well, I would simply say check out "Close to The Edge" or "Supper's Ready," as they are much better contenders for that title.

• Like 1

2112. Sorry, but someone had to say it. :16ton:

Only the first two parts, since it's the only parts of the whole song that get any recognition by critics and popular reviewers.
  • Like 1