What game(s) are you playing through right now?

• Please log in to reply
1447 replies to this topic

#1441 LedRush

LedRush

The Counterparts Remain The Same

• Members *
  • 27181 posts
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 14 July 2020 - 09:06 AM

View PostRushRevisited, on 14 July 2020 - 09:01 AM, said:

I would start with Far Cry 3 or 4 first for sure...

They just announced Far Cry 6 coming in February 2021...

Hmm...I was thinking of 5 because more recent games I’ve played are better with telling you “for the story, go here; for the side mission, go there”.  The earlier games sometimes just dumped you off and let you explore.  That was ok when I was playing Zelda at age 10 and had all the time in the world.  But I play in short increments now, and it could be weeks before I go back to a game, so I need the game to very clearly tell me where I’m supposed to go and what I’m supposed to be doing.  Still think 3 or 4?  Which one?

Sponsored Post

#1442 RushRevisited

RushRevisited

The Hailing Administrator

• Admin
  • 22260 posts
  • Interests:My Family, Music, Golf, Astronomy

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:33 AM

View PostLedRush, on 14 July 2020 - 09:06 AM, said:

Hmm...I was thinking of 5 because more recent games I’ve played are better with telling you “for the story, go here; for the side mission, go there”.  The earlier games sometimes just dumped you off and let you explore.  That was ok when I was playing Zelda at age 10 and had all the time in the world.  But I play in short increments now, and it could be weeks before I go back to a game, so I need the game to very clearly tell me where I’m supposed to go and what I’m supposed to be doing.  Still think 3 or 4?  Which one?
Still think 3 or 4.  But try 5 if you wish - I found 5 to be more confusing on several fronts, but I was used to the look and feel of 3 and 4 and 5 was very different for me.

You will not be confused as to where you need to go and what you need to do to follow the main mission.   Follow the yellow diamond on the map each time to do the main mission.   However, you will find (as in many games) that in order to successfully proceed (mainly obtaining the weapons you need), you will need to do other things (hunt for certain animals and craft things, obtain new weapons, etc)

#1443 RushRevisited

RushRevisited

• Admin
  • 22260 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:41 AM

By the way - the villain in Far Cry 3 is Nacho (Michael Mando) from Better Call Saul.  https://en.wikipedia...i/Michael_Mando

They announced that Far Cry's 6 villain is Gus (Giancarlo Esposito) from Breaking Bad.

#1444 LedRush

LedRush

• Members *
  • 27181 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 11:16 AM

View PostRushRevisited, on 14 July 2020 - 10:41 AM, said:

By the way - the villain in Far Cry 3 is Nacho (Michael Mando) from Better Call Saul.  https://en.wikipedia...i/Michael_Mando

They announced that Far Cry's 6 villain is Gus (Giancarlo Esposito) from Breaking Bad.

While I saw that regarding 6, I had also read a story which said that the 3 villain was poorly received by critics, but the story assumed I knew that and didn’t provide an explanation.

#1445 LedRush

LedRush

• Members *
  • 27181 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:23 AM

View PostRushRevisited, on 14 July 2020 - 10:33 AM, said:

Still think 3 or 4.  But try 5 if you wish - I found 5 to be more confusing on several fronts, but I was used to the look and feel of 3 and 4 and 5 was very different for me.

You will not be confused as to where you need to go and what you need to do to follow the main mission.   Follow the yellow diamond on the map each time to do the main mission.   However, you will find (as in many games) that in order to successfully proceed (mainly obtaining the weapons you need), you will need to do other things (hunt for certain animals and craft things, obtain new weapons, etc)

Hmm...it seems there are lots of versions of these games.  Is there any compelling reason to get a “gold edition” or “complete” or “ultimate” edition?  I can get the base versions of 3, 4, and 5 for $18.

#1446 RushRevisited

RushRevisited

• Admin
  • 22260 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:34 AM

View PostLedRush, on 15 July 2020 - 12:23 AM, said:

View PostRushRevisited, on 14 July 2020 - 10:33 AM, said:

Hmm...it seems there are lots of versions of these games.  Is there any compelling reason to get a “gold edition” or “complete” or “ultimate” edition?  I can get the base versions of 3, 4, and 5 for $18.
No, especially if you are only going for the main mission.  Usually those include some extra side missions and other bullshit.  I'd go for the base version personally, but look into what comes with the gold/deluxe...  I never really find it worth it.

#1447 Stormtron

Stormtron

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 7536 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 04:42 AM

I think 3 is the best one. Best map and best oh shit moments near the end. 4 is great too, but I hated the Shangri-La sections and the radio guy. 5 was cool too. I wasn't a big fan of the resistance meter, but you can have a grizzly bear sidekick named Cheeseburger and that trumps anything negative I could say about the game.

Stoked for 6!

Edited by Stormtron, 29 July 2020 - 04:43 AM.

#1448 condemned2bfree

condemned2bfree

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 2062 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:56 AM

War Thunder online mainly. My son has influenced me. :) Well it's bonding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users