Are the guys registered here?

Dave T.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 14 2011, 04:16 AM)
I remember when Steven Wilson registered at Progarchives (in his own name!) he got pestered really badly. He left after 6 months because of some of the critical reviews of FoaBP that were posted to the site.

That's the difference between the guys in Rush and someone like Wilson. Rush would never join an online community under their own name (or they wouldn't join at all), and they don't give a shit about what critics say about their music.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 14 2011, 10:39 AM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 14 2011, 04:16 AM)
I remember when Steven Wilson registered at Progarchives (in his own name!) he got pestered really badly. He left after 6 months because of some of the critical reviews of FoaBP that were posted to the site.

That's the difference between the guys in Rush and someone like Wilson. Rush would never join an online community under their own name (or they wouldn't join at all), and they don't give a shit about what critics say about their music.

The only one of the three of them that I could actually picture joining would be Alex and he would probably just do it as a goof and start bashing Rush.

Neil Peart is Cosy Toes and his many aliases.

The comparisons are uncanny. Cranky & anti-social to name but two. It can be traced back to Neil's time in England in the early '70's and his encounters with drunken Rams supporters.

He gets the Derby Telegraph posted to him EVERY day. He writes to the letters page infrequently under the pseudonym Fitzwilliam Darcy, especially if his dander is risen by stories of Derby's lead mining past.

I have seen this asked at other forums and the word was that in an interview, they had been asked something like this.

One of them said thay had looked at some forums without saying which ones.

If they look in, I am sure it is anonymously and just to get a kick out of the crazy stuff their fans say about them on the boards.

GeddyFinal.gif

QUOTE (Nim2 @ Apr 14 2011, 12:18 PM)
I have seen this asked at other forums and the word was that in an interview, they had been asked something like this.

If they look in, I am sure it is anonymously and just to get a kick out of the crazy stuff their fans say about them on the boards.

That is a very nice response, clean and concise. Surely, tonight, no craddled child shall more softly lie than I.

GeddyFinal.gif

I think it would be cool, but I would tend to think that they do not.

I would post if I had a fan site, but I definitely would not post anything that would give myself away.

Librarians don't have fans, anyway -

It would all be a great mystery - ooooo. ph34r.gif unsure.gif ph34r.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Nim2 @ Apr 14 2011, 10:18 AM)

I read somewhere (but I can't remember where) that Alex is the only one who checks out the fansites, but he's just a lurker.

QUOTE (On TheRoad To Adventure @ Apr 14 2011, 02:25 PM)
QUOTE (Nim2 @ Apr 14 2011, 10:18 AM)

I read somewhere (but I can't remember where) that Alex is the only one who checks out the fansites, but he's just a lurker.

Gotta be. That bad boy is definitely a TRF voyeur. Isn't that right, you sexy guitar beast.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 14 2011, 04:44 PM)
It would be real cool if they browsed around here. But I cringe when I think of them browsing around Counterparts Forum. I would be embarrassed for them. If you are on here guys stay away from Counterparts:)

I think Counterparts is hysterical. I don't even have an account there but I check in when I'm bored, look at the new threads, etc.. It's more mobile-friendly than TRF (Hint.. admins! Mobile-friendly TRF would be great!). But I'm too scared to actually join. o-o

I can see Alex going on CP. And trollin'. And me laughin'.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Apr 14 2011, 04:56 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 14 2011, 04:44 PM)
It would be real cool if they browsed around here. But I cringe when I think of them browsing around Counterparts Forum. I would be embarrassed for them. If you are on here guys stay away from Counterparts:)

I think Counterparts is hysterical. I don't even have an account there but I check in when I'm bored, look at the new threads, etc.. It's more mobile-friendly than TRF (Hint.. admins! Mobile-friendly TRF would be great!). But I'm too scared to actually join. o-o

I can see Alex going on CP. And trollin'. And me laughin'.

That's why I have the smiley face. Alex probably would enjoy it and get the humor. Neil maybe not so much. LOL I know a lot of Rush fans that hate that site. I must not like it too much as I haven't posted there forever.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 14 2011, 11:15 PM)
I have it on good authority, that Neil used to be a member here on TRF.
His user name was King Troll. As ever, unfortunately, he was much misunderstood. sad.gif

King tool more like.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 14 2011, 10:15 PM)
I have it on good authority, that Neil used to be a member here on TRF.
His user name was King Troll. As ever, unfortunately, he was much misunderstood. sad.gif

As per my earlier post....the similarities are striking...........

Archived