Rush and Rand

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 12961 posts
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:21 AM

View Postinvisible airwave, on 15 September 2021 - 12:09 AM, said:

I'd rather listen to Ayn Rand songs with awesome music than songs on the right side of history done by awful pop stars like Katy Perry.  Same goes with the whole Satan thing with Slayer.  The sinners are much more fun when it comes to music.  Am I right?  Asking for a boxer turned pianist from Long Island.

Katy Perry's not awful. Modern pop has much much worse stars to offer. Though she is inconsistent.

Sponsored Post

#42 Weatherman

Weatherman

The Seeker

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:writing, travel, guitar, long balks on the weach

Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:58 AM

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 14 September 2021 - 12:02 PM, said:

I’m betting Timbale has a similar view about Clapton’s anti-lockdown bent to me: it’s ill informed. I agree that ill informed opinions have every right to be voiced, and I don’t thing they shouldn’t have that right. However, that doesn’t stop me from wishing they wouldn’t be voiced.  It’s like wishing someone didn’t make a frivolous, expensive lawsuit. I have no qualms with every person’s right to sue for any reason where I live. I just wish that people didn’t decide to sue frivolously.  Free speech is sacred and legal action should never be taken to prevent it, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to be glad everyone says exactly what’s on their mind all the time.

Free speech exists precisely to protect the voices of the people who we disagree with the most.
Even if their opinions are odious.
That's when free speech is most necessary.

#43 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 12961 posts
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 15 September 2021 - 11:30 AM

View PostWeatherman, on 15 September 2021 - 08:58 AM, said:

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 14 September 2021 - 12:02 PM, said:

I’m betting Timbale has a similar view about Clapton’s anti-lockdown bent to me: it’s ill informed. I agree that ill informed opinions have every right to be voiced, and I don’t thing they shouldn’t have that right. However, that doesn’t stop me from wishing they wouldn’t be voiced.  It’s like wishing someone didn’t make a frivolous, expensive lawsuit. I have no qualms with every person’s right to sue for any reason where I live. I just wish that people didn’t decide to sue frivolously.  Free speech is sacred and legal action should never be taken to prevent it, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to be glad everyone says exactly what’s on their mind all the time.

Free speech exists precisely to protect the voices of the people who we disagree with the most.
Even if their opinions are odious.
That's when free speech is most necessary.

I don’t disagree. I just disagree with Clapton, which is also my right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users