Wolfgang Van Halen’s first single

chemistry1973

I just listened to it. It's kind of short on lyrics and he reminds me of the lead singer of REM. In fact, the song sounds like a REM song to me.

I liked the guitar though throughout the song and he can sing.

I feel sorry for him. Hope he can pull himself through this without destroying himself in the process. His life appears to have been very, very entwined with his father. Hope Valerie keeps a close eye on him.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Ok I've listened to the song, and it's pretty good. It sounds like a song from a film soundtrack or from a TV show, a kind of alternative rock ballad. Wolfgang's voice is pretty impressive. The first part it just sounded ok, but once his voice went up a register it sounded really good, I even got a little bit of the goosebumps with the video footage playing along with it.

The only really downside are the drums or the production of the drums. Sounds very muddy and not well-recorded.

• Like 1

That hit me right in the feels...

Is it metal though??

Wolf said it was going to be the only ballad on his new album

If this track is labeled a "ballad" then the album will be METAL.

The song is average but the homage is excellent and the end is just brutal. Eddie truly loved him.

http://youtu.be/HmjugNKEpeY

Sounds like a mix of Rush's Clockwork Angels, along with Foo Fighters, Tool and Disturbed

Sounds like Nickelback if they were enjoyable to listen to.

Seriously rockin’. Not a fan of the production but it rocks no doubt about that.

I'm hoping this is a demo. The "swishing" hi-hat in the beginning makes me want to put ice picks in my ears.

I like the "ballad" better.

To copy Fridge. This song is "shite."

• Like 1

That was really heartwarming.

There's more to this from his recent interview with SPIN.

Wolfgang Van Halen on Having a Hit Song, Lessons From His Father and a Prank From Van Halen’s Final Show

Regarding the second to last question, the 50 beach balls were released during 'Unchained' for if anyone goes on YouTube and looks up footage from the Hollywood Bowl concert.

Edited by RushFanForever