You know you're a Rush fan when...

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 zepphead

zepphead

The Professor

• Members
  • 4168 posts
  • Interests:Music .. Collecting music, listening, attending concerts, gym, horse racing, travelling, food & drink.

Posted 28 February 2021 - 03:21 AM

View PostRhyta, on 27 February 2021 - 04:33 AM, said:

View Postzepphead, on 07 November 2020 - 04:06 AM, said:

14.  2112 does NOT mean 12 minutes past 9!
Actually
The album's front cover, designed by Rush's longtime collaborator Hugh Syme, depicts a clock marked with alchemical symbols instead of numbers. It displays the time as 9:12, which in 24-hour time is 21:12, a reference to the band's fourth studio album, 2112 (1976).
Posted Image
Err..... not sure where you are seeing the astrological symbols???
I see the "collectivist mentality" as depicted by the Red Star of the Solar Federation, which, according to the plot, is a galaxy-wide federation that controls all aspects of life during the year 2112.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************
* (The penny drops and I am editing this!!) We are talking at cross purposes here. You are referring to the artwork on Clockwork Angels.   *
* I thought you were referring to the original 2112 art .   *
* You are correct, CA shows a clock at 9:12 a pun on the original 2112 concept. *
* I stand corrected on all counts and humbly apologise! *  
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************   

Edited by zepphead, 28 February 2021 - 03:42 AM.

Sponsored Post

#42 zepphead

zepphead

The Professor

• Members
  • 4168 posts
  • Interests:Music .. Collecting music, listening, attending concerts, gym, horse racing, travelling, food & drink.

Posted 28 February 2021 - 03:24 AM

View Postgrep, on 27 February 2021 - 09:18 PM, said:

Actually
The album's front cover, designed by Rush's longtime collaborator Hugh Syme, depicts a clock marked with alchemical symbols instead of numbers. It displays the time as 9:12, which in 24-hour time is 21:12, a reference to the band's fourth studio album, 2112 (1976).

On the CA tour, both nights I saw them (Newark, NJ and Brooklyn), the second set started at 9:12PM.

Coincidence?  I think not.   2112 confirmed. :)
Or the show was 12 minutes late starting!! :LMAO:

Edited by zepphead, 28 February 2021 - 03:46 AM.

#43 zepphead

zepphead

The Professor

• Members
  • 4168 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 03:44 AM

View Postzepphead, on 28 February 2021 - 03:21 AM, said:

Actually
Posted Image
I see the "collectivist mentality" as depicted by the Red Star of the Solar Federation, which, according to the plot, is a galaxy-wide federation that controls all aspects of life during the year 2112.

* (The penny drops and I am editing this!!) We are talking at cross purposes here. You are referring to the artwork on Clockwork Angels.   *
* You are correct, CA shows a clock at 9:12 a pun on the original 2112 concept. *
I am not really stupid .......... but sometimes I just wake up that way!

#44 zepphead

zepphead

The Professor

• Members
  • 4168 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 03:47 AM

View Postzepphead, on 28 February 2021 - 03:24 AM, said:

View Postgrep, on 27 February 2021 - 09:18 PM, said:

Actually

On the CA tour, both nights I saw them (Newark, NJ and Brooklyn), the second set started at 9:12PM.

Coincidence?  I think not.   2112 confirmed. :)
Or the show was 12 minutes late starting!! :LMAO:
Ok ok!!! .... I have got it all wrong!!! I clearly need my morning coffee, or else rewind and go back to bed lol!!

#45 Rhyta

Rhyta

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1988 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi/fantasy shows and books, reading, hockey and Rush of course!

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:29 AM

View Postzepphead, on 28 February 2021 - 03:44 AM, said:

View Postzepphead, on 28 February 2021 - 03:21 AM, said:

Actually
Posted Image

I am not really stupid .......... but sometimes I just wake up that way!
You aren't stupid, I forgot to note that I was referring to the Clockwork Angels cover, blame it on me posting late at night :blush:

#46 Flavia2112

Flavia2112

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Music, writing, politics, and art

Posted 01 March 2021 - 03:11 AM

View PostBahamas, on 27 February 2021 - 09:00 PM, said:

View PostFlavia2112, on 27 February 2021 - 03:28 AM, said:

When you don't post in the Rush Lyrics Game thread because you're not going to be the one to make it 1002 replies instead of 1001 replies.

That's pretty deep! I suppose there might be a hundred different ways to be a Rush fan...but if binary code is a factor? Pfffff. Time to re-watch the Dinner With Rush scene, they just want to have fun :)
It's the thing from The Body Electric.

#47 Sun & Moon

Sun & Moon

The Seeker

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Music!!!
    Calcio, dancing, reading, swimming, running, hitting the gym, drawing, graphic novels, seashores.

Posted 01 March 2021 - 03:19 PM

When you, inspired by your fellow Rush lovers in this thread, start to see countless ways of subtly signalling your everyday environments about your love for Rush and wait to see who's there to signal you back.

Edited by Sun & Moon, 01 March 2021 - 03:52 PM.

#48 Bahamas

Bahamas

The Seeker

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Location:Thunder Bay, ON (Born and raised in Willowdale, ON).
  • Interests:Music, cooking together in the kitchen with cocktails, reading, winter wilderness survival, sailing, canoeing, cycling, audio systems.

Posted 01 March 2021 - 08:11 PM

View PostFlavia2112, on 01 March 2021 - 03:11 AM, said:

View PostBahamas, on 27 February 2021 - 09:00 PM, said:

View PostFlavia2112, on 27 February 2021 - 03:28 AM, said:

When you don't post in the Rush Lyrics Game thread because you're not going to be the one to make it 1002 replies instead of 1001 replies.

That's pretty deep! I suppose there might be a hundred different ways to be a Rush fan...but if binary code is a factor? Pfffff. Time to re-watch the Dinner With Rush scene, they just want to have fun :)
It's the thing from The Body Electric.

I know, I was just commenting on the parameters of fandom and choosing humour over science - but hey, I shouldn't judge :) I love that song, by the way.

#49 grep

grep

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1743 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 11:58 PM

When everyone around you thinks you're the biggest Rush fan on the planet.

I know I'm not. Some of you guys, your fandom is impressive. Most impressive. But I am hardcore huge fan - and can hold my own. I know the band and the details as well as anyone  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users