Growth Rings, a short film co-written and narrated by Neil Peart

Neil Peart and the R40 drum kit were prominently featured in the 2018 Edge Factor documentary Masters of Resonance, which can be viewed here.

While filming the documentary, Neil Peart and Edge Factor's Jeremy Bout also co-wrote a short film titled Growth Rings which was just released online earlier today.

From the YouTube description:

"Growth Rings" Co-written by Jeremy Bout and recorded by Neil Peart of RUSH, one of the greatest drummers of all time, this short film honors the way in which music marks moments in our lives. Just as the life of a tree can be understood through it's growth rings, we can look at the milestones and eras of our lives and reminiscence of the songs and bands that resonated with us during those times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auNoE0u9mqM

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 8

This little film really resonates with my feelings on music, and what music means to me. But mostly it makes me realise how much I miss Neil Peart.
  • Like 3

I posted that last comment only a few moments ago, but i suddenly realise how things like this thread make TRF an important place to be part of, and how much i wish i had joined a long time ago.
  • Like 7

I posted that last comment only a few moments ago, but i suddenly realise how things like this thread make TRF an important place to be part of, and how much i wish i had joined a long time ago.

:cheers:

There's a lot of good people here.

ETA: I see you hail from Northern Ireland. A few summers back I spent a week in Carrickfergus for the wedding of some close friends. We made a nice tour of the eastern coast while we were there. A beautiful part of the world.

Edited by goose

Neil Peart and the R40 drum kit were prominently featured in the 2018 Edge Factor documentary Masters of Resonance, which can be viewed here.

Thanks for posting that. It was very well done.

His voice sounds almost exactly like his narration on The Necromancer.

Only their thirst for growth rings

Gives them hunger for resonance

Sorry....that was really lame..... :doh:

• Like 2

His voice sounds almost exactly like his narration on The Necromancer.

I wonder when this was recorded.

Both the Masters of Resonance and Growth Rings documentaries were probably filmed during the period RUSH was rehearsing to tour R40 Live in 2015.

This related clip below with Neil narrating was uploaded in May 2015 on the DW Drums YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFCyXfZyUEg

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

The full film, Masters of Resonance, is simply the best. :haz: Edited by Principled Man