Post unpopular music opinions

Entre_Perpetuo

Ok this may get some flak.....but I don't think it should.

Pearl Jam.

The debut "Ten" was absolutely brilliant. To this day still....a great all time rock record. They never ever came close to capturing the magic of that album. They are a huge band with millions of dedicated fans.

Yet...the music each successive album got weaker and weaker for my taste. They went from a potential all time arena rock band to a Neil Young wanna be band. And that was a conscience decision by the band.....I never went with them down that path. I stopped after Yield. Binarual was utterly pure garbage and I left them for good.

Live they are hit or miss. I have seen them 5 times. 3 times they sizzled and two times they were just bad. On the Binaurel tour I walked out on them 60 minutes in. They stunk the place up and took 2 sometimes 3 minutes between songs bull shitting with each other about what to play next....like a f***ing band practice.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2

Ok this may get some flak.....but I don't think it should.

Pearl Jam.

The debut "Ten" was absolutely brilliant. To this day still....a great all time rock record. They never ever came close to capturing the magic of that album. They are a huge band with millions of dedicated fans.

Yet...the music each successive album got weaker and weaker for my taste. They went from a potential all time arena rock band to a Neil Young wanna be band. And that was a conscience decision by the band.....I never went with them down that path. I stopped after Yield. Binarual was utterly pure garbage and I left them for good.

Live they are hit or miss. I have seen them 5 times. 3 times they sizzled and two times they were just bad. On the Binaurel tour I walked out on them 60 minutes in. They stunk the place up and took 2 sometimes 3 minutes between songs bull shitting with each other about what to play next....like a f***ing band practice.

i agree with this actually. each one has stuff i enjoy. but it does become less and less.

similer to the Doors for me.

Mick

• Like 1

I love Pearl Jam but am glad I am not alone...Ten and Vitalogy are two of the finest albums of the 90s.
  • Like 1

The Doors are amazing!!!!!!

I guess it's fine Mick. You are my buddy but. f**k off

:LOL:

Coincidentally, I just gave Strange Days a listen. I'll be revisiting the entire catalog as a result.

• Like 1

You have to be a bloated burnout like Jim Morrison to think his lyrics are any good.

"the west... Is the best...

"the snake... In the lake"

Can confirm I'm stick thin and in no danger of burning out, yet I still admire his lyrics.

Miles beyond anything Peart laid down, poetically speaking.

The Doors are amazing!!!!!!

I guess it's fine Mick. You are my buddy but. f**k off

:LOL:

Coincidentally, I just gave Strange Days a listen. I'll be revisiting the entire catalog as a result.

The Doors...my favourite Doors album is literally whatever one I last played.

White Zombie's early noise rock stuff is way better than their mostly boring later work, and better than Rob's entire solo career.

yeah I cannot stand all that space party trailer park dance shit

White Zombie's early noise rock stuff is way better than their mostly boring later work, and better than Rob's entire solo career.

yeah I cannot stand all that space party trailer park dance shit

The only redeeming thing he did after 1990 was the House of 1000 Corpses movie. Even the Devil's Regects sequel sucked though, the only other movie I've seen of his was Halloween and it was meh

U2 have been average at best for 30 years at least.

INXS are as great as The Doors or The Police and are sadly overlooked. Mick Hutchence is one of the all time great rock star frontman.

U2 have been average at best for 30 years at least.

INXS are as great as The Doors or The Police and are sadly overlooked. Mick Hutchence is one of the all time great rock star frontman.

20 years I'll agree to, but those 90s albums are underrated.

• Like 1