#41 pjbear05

pjbear05

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1588 posts
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:22 PM

View PostHemiBeers, on 25 October 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

I thought the hour long show about Hendrix's Electric Ladyland album before Geddy was more interesting.
You should love the rest of them.  IMHO the Classic Albums on Electric Ladyland has been the biggest steaming dog pile of the series.  Tonight's is Dark Side of the Moon, and we'll see how that one goes.

Sponsored Post

#42 TexMike

TexMike

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1292 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

Well, I'd never heard the story of how he became known as Geddy, so I found that and the story of his parents experiences in the camps very interesting.  Most of the rest I already knew.  Also being a baseball fan, I was amazed at his collection and wonder just how much coin he's dropped on all those historic balls.  The last part where he suggested that at some point, he will HAVE to create new music and play live again was encouraging.  You could tell by the look in his eyes though that he has lost hope it will be with RUSH.

#43 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42085 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:52 PM

View PostTexMike, on 25 October 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

Well, I'd never heard the story of how he became known as Geddy, so I found that and the story of his parents experiences in the camps very interesting.  Most of the rest I already knew.  Also being a baseball fan, I was amazed at his collection and wonder just how much coin he's dropped on all those historic balls.  The last part where he suggested that at some point, he will HAVE to create new music and play live again was encouraging.  You could tell by the look in his eyes though that he has lost hope it will be with RUSH.

I'm not trying to be a smart aleck, but how could you see the look in his eyes through those gray tinted glasses?

#44 TexMike

TexMike

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1292 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:40 PM

View PostLorraine, on 25 October 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

I'm not trying to be a smart aleck, but how could you see the look in his eyes through those gray tinted glasses?

OK, maybe not just his eyes, but the overall expression on his face.  ;)

Edited by TexMike, 25 October 2017 - 07:42 PM.

#45 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 8902 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:54 PM

View PostTony R, on 25 October 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 25 October 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

Someone recorded it on periscope. You can watch it here.

https://www.pscp.tv/...l/1vAxRMoBArPJl

You have to skip 20 minutes in past the Hendrix stuff.

Thanks for posting that. Geddy Lee sure is an interesting, articulate and modest guy.

YES! Thanks for posting that.

#46 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 8902 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:56 PM

...how much coin he's dropped on all those historic balls.

* giggles *

#47 Alien Girl

Alien Girl

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1826 posts
  • Interests:Interests?...I have no interests...I'm not an interesting person. Very one dimensional...like cardboard...or toast.

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

Sorry, you could see his eyes quite clearly over the top of his glasses.  And yes, it doesn't look good for Rush as a band.  Still, hope springs eternal.

#48 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21751 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:40 PM

View PostAlien Girl, on 25 October 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 25 October 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

Who's baby is crying in the background?  His grandson must be close to two now.  This sounds like an infant.

Edit:  You hear it right before they break for a commercial and Geddy is singing something called Xanadu.  :huh:

Kinda sounded like a cat to me.  But there were also other people there.  You can see them when he passes through the room to where the interview was conducted.

I thought it sounded like a cat too but it might’ve belonged to the person who was periscoping it.

#49 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 53725 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:47 PM

Still waiting for a spoiler.

:popcorn:

#50 rugen

rugen

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1184 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:53 AM

My thoughts after watching this interview:

1- Rush is done
2- Geddy is going to write something in the future, but I don't think he can do by himself something remarkable
3- I just hope that Alex or/and Geddy team up with creative musicians to do something special in the future.

#51 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42085 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:08 AM

View PostAlien Girl, on 25 October 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

Sorry, you could see his eyes quite clearly over the top of his glasses.  And yes, it doesn't look good for Rush as a band.  Still, hope springs eternal.
You could?  I didn't notice him peering over his glasses at all.

Edited by Lorraine, 26 October 2017 - 07:09 AM.

#52 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42085 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:11 AM

View Postgoose, on 25 October 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

Here's the only thing I didn't know.

His wife told him that no way would she have any more children if he was going to put her through what she went through trying to raise Julian with him trotting all over the world touring.  So, he promised to stay put when Kyra was born (not sure of his daughter's name, but I think that's it.)

Both children look just like Nancy.

#53 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30144 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:29 AM

View PostLorraine, on 26 October 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

His wife told him that no way would she have any more children if he was going to put her through what she went through trying to raise Julian with him trotting all over the world touring.  So, he promised to stay put when Kyra was born (not sure of his daughter's name, but I think that's it.)

Close. Kyla

#54 JARG

JARG

Pinky Moe

• Members *
  • 18885 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, guitar playing

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:07 AM

View PostWil1972, on 25 October 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

It was about half re-hashed stuff we knew about. 'so how'd you get the name Geddy?' :facepalm:  But that's to be expected coming from Rather.

The other half was moderately interesting but not ground breaking.

I thought the hour long show about Hendrix's Electric Ladyland album before Geddy was more interesting.

Yea but to the casual or non fan, I think it revealed a lot about the nature and character of Ged and the band.

Right. I never once had the impression that the target audience for the interview was dedicated Rush fans.

#55 JARG

JARG

Pinky Moe

• Members *
  • 18885 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:12 AM

View PostLorraine, on 26 October 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

That's interesting. Often when he made eye contact with Dan, he was looking over the top of his glasses. He'd even tilt his head down to do so.

#56 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42085 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:35 AM

View PostJARG, on 26 October 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

That's interesting. Often when he made eye contact with Dan, he was looking over the top of his glasses. He'd even tilt his head down to do so.
:sigh: I honestly didn't notice.

#57 JARG

JARG

Pinky Moe

• Members *
  • 18885 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

View PostLorraine, on 26 October 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

I believe you.

#58 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3728 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:50 AM

View PostLorraine, on 26 October 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

Maybe you need glasses (to peer over). :P

#59 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3764 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:33 AM

View Postpjbear05, on 25 October 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

You should love the rest of them.  IMHO the Classic Albums on Electric Ladyland has been the biggest steaming dog pile of the series.  Tonight's is Dark Side of the Moon, and we'll see how that one goes.
meh not a Floyd fan...and I've heard DSOTM enough for one lifetime.

#60 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3764 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:35 AM

View PostLorraine, on 26 October 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

a family of Gingers. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users